Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2016, 09:39   #11626
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Friends,

A friend of mine requires advise before buying a Laura (in Coimbatore)

There are two available:

Vehicle 1:
Ambiente AT
35000 KM
11Lakhs (Owner is not interested in negotiating )
1st owner
We have NOT Test driven yet. Just seen.

Vehicle 2:

Ambient manual
9L (willing to negotiate, final deal could be around 8.5:
1st owner
Test driven, found no issues. Need to check with a mechanic, though.

Both are in excellent condition, white. The AT is owned by A.S.S's manager.

What is is your opinion. Is that price OK for the AT, as my friend likes to go for an AT for the first time. Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 9th October 2016, 15:49   #11627
Senior - BHPian

A dealer is asking 2.25 lacs for a 6 year old Punto petrol run around 50k kms at Maharashtra. This is for my BIL, how much is a fair price?

Any pointers to check out specially for the Punto?
Old 9th October 2016, 18:09   #11628
BHPian

Friends, what would be a good price for Sep 2014 Celerio VXi AMT, Chd registration 5000 km driven car? The seller is asking 4.15 lacs for it.
Old 9th October 2016, 19:05   #11629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Friends,

A friend of mine requires advise before buying a Laura (in Coimbatore)

There are two available:

Vehicle 1:
Ambiente AT
35000 KM
11Lakhs (Owner is not interested in negotiating )
1st owner
We have NOT Test driven yet. Just seen.

Vehicle 2:

Ambient manual
9L (willing to negotiate, final deal could be around 8.5:
1st owner
Test driven, found no issues. Need to check with a mechanic, though.

Both are in excellent condition, white. The AT is owned by A.S.S's manager.

What is is your opinion. Is that price OK for the AT, as my friend likes to go for an AT for the first time. Your advice is much appreciated. Thank you.
5+ years old used SKODA that too a discontinued product - Laura, even though well maintained cannot command more than 50% of its on road price.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2016, 19:39   #11630
BHPian

Hi BHPians,

I am looking for a pre-owned 2010 BS IV Tata Safari Dicor VX 4x4 in Bangalore, primarily to do Leh-Ladakh solo trip in 2017.

I came across Nov 2010 pearl white VX 4x4, 2nd owner, 85K Kms on the ODO.

Owner's Asking price is 5L, insurance upto Nov 2016, physically the car has some scratches on bumpers, Stepney tyre cover missing, tiny bit of cladding above rear wheel arch in non-body colour.

Turbo system has been replaced recently, tyres have another 15-20k life left in them.

The owner says he buys pre-owned car and drive for an year & sell it off.

Please advise me on the price and key points to check the vehicle before finalizing.

I am relocating to Bangalore by Nov2016, I am relatively new to KA.

Should I wait till January 2017 to take advantage of depreciation as the vehicle model become older by an year in 75 days approx.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by harimakesh : 9th October 2016 at 19:41.
Old 9th October 2016, 21:04   #11631
BHPian

Hello BHPians. I have come across a April 2016 S-Cross 1.6 Zeta. Car has done 18000kms. Owner is asking 10.5 lakhs. Car is MH19 registered. What do you guys think?
Old 10th October 2016, 10:50   #11632
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimakesh View Post
Hi BHPians,

I am looking for a pre-owned 2010 BS IV Tata Safari Dicor VX 4x4 in Bangalore, primarily to do Leh-Ladakh solo trip in 2017.

I came across Nov 2010 pearl white VX 4x4, 2nd owner, 85K Kms on the ODO.

Owner's Asking price is 5L, insurance upto Nov 2016, physically the car has some scratches on bumpers, Stepney tyre cover missing, tiny bit of cladding above rear wheel arch in non-body colour.

Turbo system has been replaced recently, tyres have another 15-20k life left in them.

The owner says he buys pre-owned car and drive for an year & sell it off.

Please advise me on the price and key points to check the vehicle before finalizing.

I am relocating to Bangalore by Nov2016, I am relatively new to KA.

Should I wait till January 2017 to take advantage of depreciation as the vehicle model become older by an year in 75 days approx.

Thanks in advance.
//

To me waiting make sense, and for a trip to Ladakh - Solo - you will require to check the reliability of the vehicle. If you can access the past history of the vehicle and check it thoroughly in a service centre. Personally, I would not take the risk of taking an 85K Tata vehicle to Ladakh. Sorry if this hurts. :-)
Old 10th October 2016, 11:18   #11633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
I am in the market for a used car, a Toyota petrol sedan being favoured the most. My friendly used car dealer has a 2011 top end petrol Altis, run 92000 kilometres till date. It is offered at 3.75 lac. I asked him if I can get the car thoroughly checked by Toyota. He said that he can share the registeration details with me. Accordingly he gave me the R.C. Number and name of the owner. I contacted our city's Toyota dealer and they shared the service history at the same moment. However they refused to check the car and certify it.

I believe some service history is shared by companies on their websites too. My Indigo's last service details, as an example, were available on Tata website.
Any updates on this?

Also, isnt the price on the lower side?

Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 11:38   #11634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
//
Personally, I would not take the risk of taking an 85K Tata vehicle to Ladakh. Sorry if this hurts. :-)
Doing Leh in a Tata Safari has been my dream since 2008-09.

In the year 2014, I did a 12,500 kms circumbulating India 35 days pilgrimage trip with my 77 & 70 years parents in a Nov 2002, 85K Kms done, 3rd ownership Wagon R Lxi which gave a 16-18kmpl milege on highway, enjoyed all advantages of smaller footprint & being a popular model Maruti.

I covered Chennai-Tirunallar-Tanjore-Trichy-Palani-Madurai-Rameshwaram-Tiruchendur-Tirunelveli-Kanyakumari-Trivendrum-Kaladi-Chottanikarai-Guruvayur-Mangalore-Udupi-Murudeshwar-Gokarna-Goa-Mumbai-Ahmedabad-Ambaji-Ranakpur-Udaipur-Delhi-Haridwar-Wagah-Jammu Vaishnodevi-Delhi-Varanasi-Guwahati Kamagya-Kolkatta-Puri-Vaizag-Annavaran-Rajamundhry-Vijayawada-Chennai.

I still have the wagon R with me.

Buying a New Tata Safari is not sensible as lot of money depreciate rapidly.

The love for criss crossing India solo like a nomad in a Tata Safari is overwhelming in my mind now. This is one key reason for my repatriation from Kuwait after 18 years to India.
harimakesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2016, 12:57   #11635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshaymahajan View Post
Any updates on this?

Also, isnt the price on the lower side?

Thanks
The Toyota dealer checked the car in his premises, but refused to certify it, to which I don't mind. The car just has a dent across half the length of its left rear door. If one stretches the tyres for the maximum they can, I see no major expenses for the next 10000 kilometres at least.

I have made up my mind and finances to buy this car, but family members are reluctant to own such a long car. Have been waiting for a long time for a Corolla petrol.
Old 10th October 2016, 14:02   #11636
Senior - BHPian

Dear All,

I have come across a Skoda Laura L&K AT, Diesel, 8 years old, single owner and run close to a lakh kms. From the pictures it looks very well maintained, and I intend to check it in person soon. Owner claims to have all service records.

My running isn't much, hardly 5k a year and that would be mostly highway runs. In city, I prefer Uber. So the high mileage of the car doesn't worry me much as, even if I keep the car for 5 years, I wont be adding even 30k to it.
I am more tempted for this since this car comes with 8 airbags, among other safety features.

I believe, if the car is good, the deal can be closed between 4-4.25L

My two questions are
1. Is it worth buying a Lakh kms run Laura? And at the above mentioned price?
2. What upkeep costs am I looking at in a lakh kms old Laura?

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 10th October 2016 at 14:04.
Old 10th October 2016, 16:18   #11637
BHPian

I am on the look out for a reliable second hand car around 3.5 lakhs, willing to stretch till 4 lakhs in Bangalore. Looking through Quikr etc, found that City Zx, 2008 models run about 60k kms can be had in my budget. On stretching a bit I can get Civic or 2009 City run about 70k kms.

I am vary of getting a Civic considering high spare part costs being reported by some.

I have also seen a few listings of Verna (2011), SX4 (2011).

I am primarily looking for sedans, though spacious and easy to maintain premium hatchbacks can also be considered (Honda Jazz?). Looking for your opinions on the above, and other models I should look out for. Any leads in Bangalore would be appreciated
Old 10th October 2016, 16:34   #11638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
My running isn't much, hardly 5k a year and that would be mostly highway runs.
If your running isn't much & limited only for highways, you should be looking for a relatively new car(3-5 year old) instead of 8 year old car. While going out with family on highways, one needs a reliable car.
Laura/Octavia is fairly robust/dependable car, L&K variant has plenty of electronics being a top variant. Although Skoda spares are available, those won't be cheap. And if you have to source parts at cheaper rates, your ownership experience isn't going to be any different from current Palio ownership.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 12:21   #11639

Dear Friends

Have a Alto K10 petrol 2011 model - 55,000 kms on the odometer. Lost the RC and got duplicate RC book. Now, when i try to sell, the dealers are deprecating Rs. 50k for this? Is this fair?
shrionsong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2016, 13:22   #11640
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrionsong View Post
Dear Friends

Have a Alto K10 petrol 2011 model - 55,000 kms on the odometer. Lost the RC and got duplicate RC book. Now, when i try to sell, the dealers are deprecating Rs. 50k for this? Is this fair?
It is not terribly fair but some dealers will claim a second ownership sort of situation for any transaction at all that has been made on your RC book and try to reduce the price that way. Feel free to bargain / try a different dealer, or keep the car. It is very lightly used and reasonably new so I am sure you can keep it for further use.

https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/your...rade-or-swap-0

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks