Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th November 2016, 13:12   #11716
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

The rear seat folds full as well as 60:40 but I am sure you must have checked that out when you saw the car.

No airbags. Does have ABS/EBD but that itself is streets ahead of quite a few other cars.

85K is pushing it for this car. I would look for something used say under 70k kilometers so you get a few years good use out of it. At the upcoming 90k service, you're looking at significant costs coming up for a full lube replacement (clutch, transmission, brake etc oils, besides regular engine oil change) to say nothing of anything else that needs changing.

And it has done this much in just five years you say?

Get the car appraised by a competent mechanic and bargain down based on tyres, battery etc etc.
Old 5th December 2016, 10:28   #11717
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hello everyone!

What shall we expect for our 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero SFX red colored with just 30000kms(genuine) kms on the odo? The car is in pristine condition, you actually have to see it to believe it, never have I myself come across a more maintained used car than this. My father loves his Pajero more than he loves me :P

The car is hardly used (its our 3rd car, and mostly used only when going out of delhi). Also, it was registered in Bihar and not in Delhi. Please suggest. Thanks!

PS- Suppose we agree to accept the payment in older 500/1000 denomination notes, will it have any impact on the sale price?
Old 5th December 2016, 11:29   #11718
Senior - BHPian

You had better sell it in Bihar. Getting a NOC from the Bihar RTO and then paying fresh life tax in Delhi will be a significant damper on the price.

As for the 500 note question - are you sure we don't have a single BHPian here who doesn't work for the income tax department?

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
Hello everyone!

What shall we expect for our 2011 Mitsubishi Pajero SFX red colored with just 30000kms(genuine) kms on the odo? The car is in pristine condition, you actually have to see it to believe it, never have I myself come across a more maintained used car than this. My father loves his Pajero more than he loves me :P

The car is hardly used (its our 3rd car, and mostly used only when going out of delhi). Also, it was registered in Bihar and not in Delhi. Please suggest. Thanks!

PS- Suppose we agree to accept the payment in older 500/1000 denomination notes, will it have any impact on the sale price?
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 11:36   #11719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You had better sell it in Bihar. Getting a NOC from the Bihar RTO and then paying fresh life tax in Delhi will be a significant damper on the price.

As for the 500 note question - are you sure we don't have a single BHPian here who doesn't work for the income tax department?
Hey, it was just a question

The car is with us in Delhi at the moment, could you please advise us about the course of action? We are using it for 5 years in Delhi now, and never faced any issues with the traffic police officials. What if the buyer and seller get the transfer done in Bihar itself?

Please forgive me my questions sound too dumb, I don't have much knowledge about the legalities involved. Thank you!
Old 5th December 2016, 11:46   #11720
Senior - BHPian

If the buyer and seller get the transfer done in bihar at the same RTO - the car remains registered in bihar, with no life tax needed to be repaid, no NOC required etc etc. This in theory means you need to sell it to a resident of your hometown in Bihar.

If the cops don't hassle you for a Bihari number over five years, it isn't likely they will hassle the new owner of the car either.
Old 5th December 2016, 11:52   #11721
BHPian

Quote:
If the buyer and seller get the transfer done in bihar at the same RTO - the car remains registered in bihar, with no life tax needed to be repaid, no NOC required etc etc. This in theory means you need to sell it to a resident of your hometown in Bihar.

If the cops don't hassle you for a Bihari number over five years, it isn't likely they will hassle the new owner of the car either.
Yes exactly my point! I haven't heard of incidences where the cops harass the out of state cars in Delhi as it is the case with Hyderabad and Bangalore.

I'll try posting an ad soon, any idea about the price? T-BHP price indicator suggests a price of around 11-5 lakhs for a 'good' condition car
Old 5th December 2016, 16:02   #11722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
I'll try posting an ad soon, any idea about the price? T-BHP price indicator suggests a price of around 11-5 lakhs for a 'good' condition car
That's as good a price point as any.

Cross check with the other portals such as OLX and Carwale, and post something that averages out those estimates + a margin for negotiation.
Old 12th December 2016, 09:26   #11723
BHPian

Dear all,

A friend of mine seeks guidance on a 2015 made, 2016 registered Hyundai Elite i20 Petrol Magna, 6000 KMS old.

Car is in good shape. The price quoted is 5.35 L. What is the opinion from the experts?
Old 12th December 2016, 09:35   #11724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangarx View Post
Dear all,

A friend of mine seeks guidance on a 2015 made, 2016 registered Hyundai Elite i20 Petrol Magna, 6000 KMS old.

Car is in good shape. The price quoted is 5.35 L. What is the opinion from the experts?
Why does he even want to sell such a lightly used car? If he is going abroad for a year or two let him just leave the car with one of his relatives and take it back later on.
Old 12th December 2016, 10:17   #11725
BHPian

Quote:
Why does he even want to sell such a lightly used car? If he is going abroad for a year or two let him just leave the car with one of his relatives and take it back later on.
The current owner is a retired bank manager, bought this for his family function and does not want to carry on with the loan, which eats away into his retirement benefit. I thought this is a very good deal anyway.
Old 15th December 2016, 18:55   #11726
Senior - BHPian

For what its worth

Sold my 2002 Palio GTX,
Second Owner (bought in 2008)
49,300 on the ODO (15k when bought)

for 55k.

It took 4-5 weeks after uploading the advert.
Got the max response from OLX, and almost nothing from Cartrade & Carwale.
Old 16th December 2016, 12:42   #11727
BHPian

Hi Folks, What is a good selling price for a 2010 i10 Era in good condition in Delhi

Most online valuation tools aren't matching up with the actual offers
Old 16th December 2016, 14:59   #11728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Most online valuation tools aren't matching up with the actual offers
Most online tools will fail to matchup with the actual quotes and offers you'd be getting from various dealers in December add to that demonetization and you have a perfect recipe for disaster for used car segment.
Keep trying, and post multiple ads across the board and be firm on the price required by you. I recently (yesterday) managed to sell my nearly 5 yr old Sx4 Diesel for a very decent 3.75 lakhs to a dealer through droom.
Old 16th December 2016, 16:12   #11729
BHPian

Guys, recently found a XUV W6 with 32K on the odo being offerred at 11L. Mfg Oct 2013. Comp Insurance till 2017. What should be my starting price while bargaining? I have not inspected the vehicle myself ; depending on reply from TBHPians I'll proceed with my queries further.
Old 16th December 2016, 22:11   #11730
BHPian

Hello everyone. How much should I expect for a Hyundai i10 Magna 1.2L 2011 model, single owner, 86k km on the ODO? The car has no accident history or insurance claim made on it. The local Hyundai dealer valued it at 200k but the tbhp classified values it between 241 - 256k. Is this a reasonable value to expect?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks