Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2016, 18:25   #11761
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Sold my Santro Xing XO Limited Edition. It had completed 96,000 Kms.
I am the third owner and have used it for almost 4 years. Exterior of the car had minor scratches and mechanicals were in good condition. Interiors was well maintained.
Sold through OLX for 1.06 lakh.
Old 30th December 2016, 15:20   #11762
PPS
Senior - BHPian

A friend bought a 2010 Honda City, done 53k for 3.6 lakhs.
Old 30th December 2016, 17:41   #11763
BHPian

How much can I expect to get for an Eon 1.0 Magna(O) which is about 6 months old and has run for 3000kms?
I might have to go abroad for a couple of years in Feb/March. Bought the car in June this year.
Any pointers will be appreciated.
Old 1st January 2017, 00:27   #11764
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayankm View Post
How much can I expect to get for an Eon 1.0 Magna(O) which is about 6 months old and has run for 3000kms?
I might have to go abroad for a couple of years in Feb/March. Bought the car in June this year.
Any pointers will be appreciated.
Significant loss. My suggestion is leave the vehicle with your father or other trusted relative for them to use, for those two years. Then take it back when you return to India.

Make sure you pick a relative who has well maintained cars because if you come back and find the car badly abused it won't be easy for you to recover repair or other costs from your relative But it will work out far better than selling at a massive loss.
Old 1st January 2017, 13:47   #11765
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Significant loss. My suggestion is leave the vehicle with your father or other trusted relative for them to use, for those two years. Then take it back when you return to India.
Do keep in mind that an automobile is a depreciating asset. The sooner you sell it, the lesser is your loss.
You might loose more than 10% if you sell it now, but if you keep it for two years with a relative, you will loose more than 20% on a car that you did not use.
Old 1st January 2017, 14:08   #11766
Senior - BHPian

But you have a perfectly usable car for several years more when you return. Chances are your relative already has a car so that they will just use it for occasional local drives.

The loss will be much more than 10% when you sell off a brand new car.
Old 1st January 2017, 14:42   #11767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If you know for sure your stay is in terms of years, I'd suggest to keep the emotions aside and sell it off. Keep it only if its < 6 months stay at the most.

The problem with keeping at someone's place, including your parents is not the abuse. But rather lack of usage and/or maintenance.

I've seen my own car go that way, 6 months after I left. I acted much late and made more losses when I sold.

I don't suggest anyone do the same mistake I did.

PS: I remember there was a thread here for this exact purpose.
Old 1st January 2017, 14:56   #11768
Senior - BHPian

The thumb rule followed by dealer is to quote 20% less on the ex-showroom price in the first year and if your car has no major dents or scratches. I would suggest you to sell the car directly to a buyer. The expected price for Hyundai Eon 1.0L(O) can be 3.9L to 4.2L.
Old 1st January 2017, 20:05   #11769
BHPian

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

I'm looking to buy a Hyundai Santa Fe, the prices being quoted by dealers for a 2014 2WD MT with about 30k-40k on the odo are north of 20L which I feel is really overpriced. The city I live in is Delhi.

What would be the right price for such a Santa Fe in Delhi? I was expecting it to be in the range of 12L to 14L
Old 1st January 2017, 22:04   #11770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I've seen my own car go that way, 6 months after I left. I acted much late and made more losses when I sold.
Thanks for the very practical advice. The thing is there is a chance that I will go. There isn't much surety on the travel yet, much to my annoyance. Will take a decision as per the situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
The thumb rule followed by dealer is to quote 20% less on the ex-showroom price in the first year and if your car has no major dents or scratches. I would suggest you to sell the car directly to a buyer. The expected price for Hyundai Eon 1.0L(O) can be 3.9L to 4.2L.
That's true. I had paid around 5.1L for the car and have got offers till 4.4L till now.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated.
Old 2nd January 2017, 08:15   #11771
Senior - BHPian

You can take the 4.4 lakh - maybe bargain to make it 4.5 lakh but you won't get much more than that for the car. Excellent offer in fact so take 4.4 lakh + however much more.
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:27   #11772
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I have been looking for a Honda City in used car market for a while.
Finalized on 3rd generation i-Vtec VMT registered in July 2012 having 59K on odometer.

The dealer quoted 5.9L, I am trying hard to bring it down to 5.5L, but no luck since the car is in immaculate condition. hopefully the deal might get settled at 5.7L.

What do you guys think about the pricing ? Is it fair ?

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:23   #11773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Hi Guys,

Finalized on 3rd generation i-Vtec VMT registered in July 2012 having 59K on odometer.

The dealer quoted 5.9L, I am trying hard to bring it down to 5.5L, but no luck since the car is in immaculate condition. hopefully the deal might get settled at 5.7L.

Thanks in advance
You can surely try to bring it to 5.7lakh. Looks okay pricing to me for this particular car.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th January 2017 at 09:09. Reason: LPA-lakh
Old 4th January 2017, 08:44   #11774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance
Which city? I am never comfortable buying a used car from a dealer. You never know what they would have done to it, like tampering with the mileage. One way to deal with this is to get all the service related information from a Honda service center. Though the car looks to be in immaculate condition, I think 5.9L is too high. It is a 4.5 years old vehicle after all.
Old 4th January 2017, 11:36   #11775
BHPian

Need advice on a car I am am planning to have a look at

2013 manufactured, 2014 Jan registered Corolla Altis G AT with under 30,000 km on the ODO. This is a Delhi registered car with all service history available.

Insurance till Jan 2017.

Can someone please let me know the OTR in 2013-14 and what should be a good price for this car. The listing price is 9 Lakh, which I believe is a bit too steep for a 4 year old car.

Also, what all features will I be missing in the G AT vs the VL AT?

Appreciate all your inputs. Will be checking out the car soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks