Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2017, 23:21   #11926
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahadev_kc View Post
After selling to cars24, ti whom cars24 sells? Never seen any ad that is sold by cars24.
Pardon me. What I meant was, sellers sell their cars to other dealers through cars24.
Old 6th April 2017, 00:26   #11927
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hi Guys,
What is a fair price for a 2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Comfortline with 50K KMs on the odo? A local dealer is asking for 16 lakh. Isn't it too much?

Warranty and insurance has expired.

- Vinodh
That's simply crazy pricing! You can get a 2014 highline with lesser run than that around 14 here in Mumbai, For your specific car anywhere around 12 would be a fair price.
Old 6th April 2017, 06:41   #11928
BHPian

Any pointers on what would be the useful life left on a 1.65 Lakh km run car?

I came across a 2012 Skoda Yeti Elegance 4x4
Run 1.65L km
First owner + service history available
Owner quoting 6.7 lakhs

Exterior seems well kept. However I'm not sure how long will the car last?
How expensive are the routine services? And considering the kms run, any insight on the expected maintenance cost?

What would be the correct price to buy it?
Old 6th April 2017, 12:51   #11929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
That's simply crazy pricing! You can get a 2014 highline with lesser run than that around 14 here in Mumbai, For your specific car anywhere around 12 would be a fair price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
Hi Guys,
What is a fair price for a 2014 VW Jetta 2.0 TDI Comfortline with 50K KMs on the odo? A local dealer is asking for 16 lakh. Isn't it too much?

Warranty and insurance has expired.

- Vinodh
The Jetta is a great car but its resale is abysmal. As this is a 2014 model, it would be the pre-facelift version. In Delhi, cars of this vintage usually go for around 11-12L, Tanveer's estimate is absolutely correct.

I picked my Jetta CL, Dec 2014, 2.0 TDI, 18K run, with 4 yr warranty for 11L (without insurance and one service due immediately after purchase).

Have you looked at this ad: http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...en/Jetta.html/

Last edited by maglev : 6th April 2017 at 13:03.
Old 6th April 2017, 13:22   #11930
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be a good price to sell my Swift VXI 2008 model (Black), it has done around 34K and no accidents.
AtheK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 14:11   #11931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
I am checking the price for my car. 2012 model Swift ZDI. Getting the price 4,58,108 in excellent condition for selling to an individual. My expectation was 6L. But that looks like higher. Is it a fair ask 5.3-5.5L . Car is in excellent condition. I just did a polishing and looks like new . Kerala Registration vehicle.
Almost finalised a deal of 5.25 lk for my car. Again obv tool is wrong. Is it a decent price?
i am seeing up to 5.57 in cartrade. But individuals start quoting from 5lk onwards.
Old 8th April 2017, 23:26   #11932
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post

Run 1.65L km
Owner quoting 6.7 lakhs

How expensive are the routine services? And considering the kms run, any insight on the expected maintenance cost?

For the exact service costs, use this link to calculate that . But roughly you are looking at a minimum of 10k per service(15000 kms/1 year). And however nicely kept the car may be 1.65L is a lot mileage in a less than 5 year old car. Wear and tear of the parts do happen and at this point in the car's life you would be doing a lot of expensive replacements just to keep it roadworthy.

If you must buy a Yeti, look at a more reasonable mileage car. a 5 year old car with 50-60K Kms is an achieveable target. The price of about 7 lacs would be reasonable for such a car.

As an added note, I would like to add that I almost bought a Yeti back in 2012, only to realise that it was a more complex vehicle than I actually needed. Most of us don't need a 4x4 vehicle or a big diesel engine to scurry about in the city. Look at this only if you are going to be covering long distances and need the cruising abilities. And not to forget the horror stories of Skoda. A new car is always going to be more reliable and in your case, a new crossover (like an ecosport or brezza) in the 7-10 lac bracket would be a brilliant choice.
Old 9th April 2017, 04:54   #11933
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread. (Online tool : Page 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post

Run 1.65L km
Owner quoting 6.7 lakhs

Mine is an almost 6 year old Yeti 4x4 TDi Elegance model which has now just about done 39500 kms.

It is in near perfect condition and both exteriors and interiors are in top shape. Complete service history available with every single thing I have ever had done for this car,'recorded at the service centre. It has only been sent to one service centre in its life- the same dealer from whom I bought it.

If I do a price check on this, all Im getting offered is about 9-10 lacs at the highest level.

A very poor return indeed, for a car that cost me almost 20 lacs ( after discount ), when I bought it and which I have babied along all these years!

So in my case, given the current car pricing scenario for new cars, I think it makes best sense to hold on to the Yeti and look after it perfectly rather than buy some new car which is not half as capable or as loaded with features and safety etc, at some crazy price.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1491693894.680203.jpg

Last edited by shankar.balan : 9th April 2017 at 04:57.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 11:22   #11934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I think it makes best sense to hold on to the Yeti and look after it perfectly rather than buy some new car which is not half as capable or as loaded with features and safety etc, at some crazy price.
I couldn't agree more. Jeremy Clarkson once covered Yeti, claiming it to be the best car money can buy. He pitched it against a Land Rover for an off-road comparison and a against a Ferrari on the track. Though the tests were rubbish, it definitely proved that the Yeti was a well built, practical and fast car. All the three attributes are no where to find in cars under ₹ 20L price bracket today. It is good for you only, that you have babied and maintained it so well, as I can't think of any car within sensible price range that could replace it in next 2-3 years. Keep it till it lasts buddy. I share some emotions with you on this. I don't know any car that could replace my Fiesta in next 4-5 years, so I might just end up keeping it for 8-10 years just as you, and it's for your good. Thumb's up!
Old 9th April 2017, 13:08   #11935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
So in my case, given the current car pricing scenario for new cars, I think it makes best sense to hold on to the Yeti and look after it perfectly rather than buy some new car which is not half as capable or as loaded with features and safety etc, at some crazy price.
Certainly it does. Your Yeti is still young and I don't think you have a reason to sell it because of the car itself. I would retain it for another 4 years minimum and try to enjoy it more often and do pile up more miles on it so when I am selling it as a 10 year old car with 1 lakh kms on odo, resale value should not pinch me, I'm sure it will still sell for 5 lakhs even then. And off course that money will not be good enough for a down payment or even LT of the new car you will buy, but then that's how it's going to be in the future.

I am also at a cross road like this, but I anticipated it. I had bought a 2007-08 E280 CDI in 2013 which had hardly done 33k kms. Now it has done only 61k kms, which is nothing for this car. I always wanted to buy this car since it was launched, so I am emotionally attached to it. It is an excellent car in excellent condition, and I have no reason to sell it because of the car itself.

But next March it will turn 10 and I will not find a worthy buyer let alone a good resale value for it. This is a car which is going to turn into a classic, unfortunately I don't have the opportunity practically speaking to be with it when that happens. So it's time for me to let it go. But just as you are thinking I have no better option to look at, including the W212 and current E class. The current 5 series is way below even the W212 as I am chauffeured most of the time. Jag xf is also cramped, no intention of buying a new one, just don't have the money. I never liked the front wheel drive A6 ever. The only practical option I have is to consider W212 2014-16. In any case I cannot afford any brand new car in this class. So what do I do now?

Shankar I am going to PM you on this issue for your advice.
Old 11th April 2017, 12:25   #11936
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What should be a fair price for a 2008 Toyota Camry. Run 58,000 Kms. In very good condition. Service history also checks out. Was used by the director of a company who was chauffeur driven. Any specific pitfalls to look out for?

Regards,
SS
Old 11th April 2017, 12:31   #11937
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

What should be a fair price for a 2008 Toyota Camry. Run 58,000 Kms. In very good condition. Service history also checks out. Was used by the director of a company who was chauffeur driven. Any specific pitfalls to look out for?

Regards,
SS
Clutch - a lot of chauffeurs tend to ride it unmercifully

Aircon - will have been worked hard, the chauffeur will often wait in the car with the aircon turned on.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 12:42   #11938
BHPian

Thanks Hserus. What about the price? I have given an offer of 5.0L. Keeping at least 50k aside for unforeseen expenses.

Regards,
SS
Old 11th April 2017, 12:45   #11939
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Thanks Hserus. What about the price? I have given an offer of 5.0L. Keeping at least 50k aside for unforeseen expenses.

Regards,
SS
If the price suits you please pay it. A bit too late to negotiate if you have made an offer. Get the car appraised by a mechanic before you factor in expenses.
Old 11th April 2017, 13:07   #11940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If the price suits you please pay it. A bit too late to negotiate if you have made an offer. Get the car appraised by a mechanic before you factor in expenses.
Price was given on the phone only with the provision that I can reduce on seeing the car condition.
As you mentioned, if the clutch is weak, that will set me back 50k. Don't know about the A/C but will factor that in as well.

Regards,
SS

Most Viewed