Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2017, 11:04   #12226

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
There's a 2013 model Jetta 1.4 TSI AT (35,000 km) in good condition for sale at a used car dealer in Kochi, Kerala. The price quoted is 6 lacs, however the Catch is it is a West-Bengal registered car. Though the dealer said he can arrange NOC, for all practical purposes I consider road tax refund from WB impossible.

Since it's 4 year old model, what would be the approximate price on which life-time tax would be calculated ? More importantly, is this a good offer ?
If it is in really good condition, I would say it is a sweet deal. Look at the detailed thread on a preworshipped jetta below
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...man-beast.html
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:14   #12227
Senior - BHPian

If it makes you feel better about buying second owner cars, Trump is buying second owner 747s

Russian airline bought some 747s and then went bankrupt before taking delivery so Boeing is selling them at a cheaper rate.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/34...dential-planes
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:25   #12228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
If it makes you feel better about buying second owner cars, Trump is buying second owner 747s
[/url]
That's not entirely true. Russian airline never took delivery or used the planes so technically those planes are still brand new. Just that they were lying idle in the stockyard (hangers in this case).

Last edited by the_skyliner : 2nd August 2017 at 13:25. Reason: Spelling
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:37   #12229
Senior - BHPian

Yes correct but some dealers end up with brand new cars that are registered and yet the owner refuses to take delivery

eg: he gets raided by the tax authorities, or his mother / astrologer tells him the colour is not auspicious, or he wanted some lucky number but the dealer registers it with some other number

There’s all sorts of cars especially the Audi / Porsche type that end up in the used market though brand new for such reasons.
Old 2nd August 2017, 13:45   #12230
BHPian

Getting a 2015 CRV 2.0L 2WD AT run 17000 kms for INR 16 lacs. Is this a good deal? Insurance valid till July 2018.
Old 2nd August 2017, 17:33   #12231
BHPian

Quote:
There's a 2013 model Jetta 1.4 TSI AT (35,000 km) in good condition for sale at a used car dealer in Kochi, Kerala. The price quoted is 6 lacs, however the Catch is it is a West-Bengal registered car. Though the dealer said he can arrange NOC, for all practical purposes I consider road tax refund from WB impossible.

Since it's 4 year old model, what would be the approximate price on which life-time tax would be calculated ? More importantly, is this a good offer ?
There will be no road tax left for refund. In WB they have an option to pay only 5 years road tax, so in all probability the seller must have paid just that and will not be losing anything. Try to bargain hard on this issue. Including RT if it comes to max 7.5 lakhs, will be a good price for Bangalore standards.
Old 3rd August 2017, 05:44   #12232
BHPian

Guys, a friend is looking at 2011 Dec Model Corolla Altis done around 101000 kms, diesel top end . We know the owner and 95% is highway run, well maintained and recently services with all brakes changed . What's the price we can look at? He is quoting 5.5
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:36   #12233
BHPian

Not sure about if 16L is a right price for 2015 CRV.
Why not look at a new Jeep Compass at a slightly higher budget? :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
Need suggestions pls
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:42   #12234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Yes correct but some dealers end up with brand new cars that are registered and yet the owner refuses to take delivery

eg: he gets raided by the tax authorities, or his mother / astrologer tells him the colour is not auspicious, or he wanted some lucky number but the dealer registers it with some other number

There’s all sorts of cars especially the Audi / Porsche type that end up in the used market though brand new for such reasons.

Don't want to go OT here but a quick clarification. The 747s aren't registered and so still brand new unlike the registered but undelivered cars you mentioned.
Old 3rd August 2017, 10:45   #12235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Guys, a friend is looking at 2011 Dec Model Corolla Altis done around 101000 kms, diesel top end . We know the owner and 95% is highway run, well maintained and recently services with all brakes changed . What's the price we can look at? He is quoting 5.5
The diesel engine in Altis is the same as in Etios. I have heard from taxi drivers who are owners also saying that it is not as sturdy as other diesel engines of Toyota. The reliability fades after 1.2 lakh kms and maintenance goes up. They go ahead and say that the Logan diesel has better life going beyond 3 lakh kms, but the service and maintenance cost is high. Whereas I can vouch for the 1.8 petrol in Corolla. I am using one which is 13 years old and it has done 1.9 lakh kms with absolutely no problems.
Old 3rd August 2017, 13:55   #12236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
The diesel engine in Altis is the same as in Etios. I have heard from taxi drivers who are owners also saying that it is not as sturdy as other diesel engines of Toyota.
+1

On my recent visit to Galaxy Toyota the guy test driving my car after a major service mentioned the same thing i.e. the only diesel engine not worth the Toyota brand is the one in Etios, I didn't know they used the same in Altis.

Those guys have opened Etios engines at even 30-40k kms also so I would totally agree with what you said.
Old 3rd August 2017, 16:28   #12237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Not sure about if 16L is a right price for 2015 CRV.
Why not look at a new Jeep Compass at a slightly higher budget? :-)
Yes. That's a good suggestion. The Jeep Compass seems a better bet as it's a new launch and equipped with 2.0 MJD. Think about the diesel advantage.
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:24   #12238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulfi hansi View Post
The diesel engine in Altis is the same as in Etios. I have heard from taxi drivers who are owners also saying that it is not as sturdy as other diesel engines of Toyota. The reliability fades after 1.2 lakh kms and maintenance goes up. They go ahead and say that the Logan diesel has better life going beyond 3 lakh kms, but the service and maintenance cost is high. Whereas I can vouch for the 1.8 petrol in Corolla. I am using one which is 13 years old and it has done 1.9 lakh kms with absolutely no problems.
Thanks for the info. Spoke to him about and he seems convinced on the car. Is 5.5 high?
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:29   #12239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
Thanks for the info. Spoke to him about and he seems convinced on the car. Is 5.5 high?
Yes it is high considering this issue. He can buy it for 4-4.5, if he wants to take the risk of repairs if any that may come. Though the repairs are not expensive, it is inconvenient. Battery (may be in another year) and tyres (second set will be at end of life) may also be due, if so, he needs to factor in that as well.

Last edited by zulfi hansi : 3rd August 2017 at 17:35. Reason: accidentally hit post
Old 3rd August 2017, 17:40   #12240
BANNED

Quote:

Hi xjosephjacob,

As far I remember Jetta 1.4 TSI had no AT version in India. Only TDI had AT version. Do check with the dealer again.

The Rationalist.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks