Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2017, 08:04   #12376
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi All

I am considering buying a used sedan and have short listing the following cars in Bangalore -

1. September 2014 Sunny XV D with Safety Option, run 46K KMS, single owner. Still has 2 years Extended Warranty. Well Maintained car with regular Bangalore scratches. Had negotiated for 5.75 Lakhs. But when I checked the history, got to know that there was an accident at 23K KMS and headlights, front bumper and Front LH door was changed. I am still interested in the car, but don't want to give the same price and want to offer a new price. What should be the price.?

2. August 2012 Verna SX D, run 62K KMS, single owner. Dealer is asking for 6 lakhs but negotiable. Dealer is giving a 6 months warranty, including transfer of ownership and full service before delivery. Car is in good Condition, but only thing bothering me that the plastic engine cover is missing. Which means some kind of engine work has been done. Hyundai dint give me the service history, so have asked the dealer to provide full history. What should be my offer price?

3. September 2012 Verna SX D, run 42K KMS, single owner. Car is in good condition except for lot scratches. Front bumper is damaged. Asking price is 6.50 Lahks negotiable. The owner himself told me that front bumper and back bumper has been repainted twice. Should I go ahead with it ?

Regards
Old 16th October 2017, 08:26   #12377
Senior - BHPian

None of the three if you have accident history that requires changing of parts, unless you negotiate for far cheaper.

Find a competent mechanic and pay him to appraise the cars and what work was done / will need to be done before you buy any of these.

If it was only body damage and not chassis bends etc the sunny is currently your best bet assuming the parts were replaced rather than tinkered.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 09:52   #12378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
None of the three if you have accident history that requires changing of parts, unless you negotiate for far cheaper.

Find a competent mechanic and pay him to appraise the cars and what work was done / will need to be done before you buy any of these.
Thanks. Once I finalize the car, I am planning to take car to respective Authorized Service Center and as well as an independent mechanic.

Quote:
If it was only body damage and not chassis bends etc the sunny is currently your best bet assuming the parts were replaced rather than tinkered.
The headlights, Front Bumper and Front LH door was replaced. I saw the bills and there is no other dent removal, bend or chassis work done.

Regards
Old 16th October 2017, 09:54   #12379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Thanks. Once I finalize the car, I am planning to take car to respective Authorized Service Center and as well as an independent mechanic.

The headlights, Front Bumper and Front LH door was replaced. I saw the bills and there is no other dent removal, bend or chassis work done.

Regards
It is almost as good as new then assuming the fit and finish of the replaced parts is as good as the original. You can go ahead with it but of course negotiate down a bit citing "accident vehicle"
Old 16th October 2017, 12:30   #12380
BHPian

But Sir, 5.75 lakhs for a car that hardly sells? Please do a bit of research so as to what should be an ideal price for a used Sunny
Old 16th October 2017, 12:31   #12381
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by namanchaudhary View Post
But Sir, 5.75 lakhs for a car that hardly sells? Please do a bit of research so as to what should be an ideal price for a used Sunny
It is a good car mechanically. Yes the resale price can certainly be adjusted down citing low resale value of the sunny and previous accident history.
Old 16th October 2017, 12:36   #12382
BHPian

Quote:
It is a good car mechanically. Yes the resale price can certainly be adjusted down citing low resale value of the sunny and previous accident history.
Yes exactly my point. Good car, but unfortunately horrible prices in the used car market. That's why asked him to do a bit of more research on the prices front
Old 16th October 2017, 14:14   #12383
BHPian

Quote:
Agree, Sunny does not seem like value for money at this point. The Verna Ds seem better
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Hi All

2. August 2012 Verna SX D, run 62K KMS, single owner. Dealer is asking for 6 lakhs but negotiable. Dealer is giving a 6 months warranty, including transfer of ownership and full service before delivery. Car is in good Condition, but only thing bothering me that the plastic engine cover is missing. Which means some kind of engine work has been done. Hyundai dint give me the service history, so have asked the dealer to provide full history. What should be my offer price?

3. September 2012 Verna SX D, run 42K KMS, single owner. Car is in good condition except for lot scratches. Front bumper is damaged. Asking price is 6.50 Lahks negotiable. The owner himself told me that front bumper and back bumper has been repainted twice. Should I go ahead with it ?

Regards
Not sure the older Verna's came with plastic cover. You may want to check that.
The one that has run 42k kms seems a better bet as the turbos usually last 70k-80k kms and that would be a big expense on the 62k run Verna. The Sep 2012 Verna seems good but you may want to negotiate prices a bit further
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 07:17   #12384
BHPian

Quote:
The car is in excellent condition and meticulously maintained, except for the accident. I know I was paying a bit more, but I dint mind for a well maintained car with extended warranty. Now have to quote a new price considering the accident and it will be far less then the original quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Agree, Sunny does not seem like value for money at this point. The Verna Ds seem better

Not sure the older Verna's came with plastic cover. You may want to check that.
The one that has run 42k kms seems a better bet as the turbos usually last 70k-80k kms and that would be a big expense on the 62k run Verna. The Sep 2012 Verna seems good but you may want to negotiate prices a bit further
Yes, even I am leaning towards Verna D considering the service center, spares, etc.

Verna 1.6 D 2012 did come with a engine cover and the owner has lost it i believe.. Probably will stay away from this car.

Regards
chandrda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 10:02   #12385
GT3
BHPian

I sold my november 2015 New Figo 1.5 Titanium Plus run 37500 kms for 5 lakhs to a dealer in Coimbatore. The car was white colour and has extended warranty till November 2018. Is this a fair price.
Old 17th October 2017, 12:24   #12386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3 View Post
I sold my november 2015 New Figo 1.5 Titanium Plus run 37500 kms for 5 lakhs to a dealer in Coimbatore. The car was white colour and has extended warranty till November 2018. Is this a fair price.
Whoever bought it got a bargain. You could have posted here / on tbhp classifieds ..
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:50   #12387
BHPian

Dear Friends,

My cousin have shortlisted few cars in Bangalore & details are as follows;

1. Verna 2009 Diesel SX ABS, 33000 kms, second owner, Price - 3.65 L

2. Optra Magnum LT - 2007, Single owner, only done 26000 kms ( genuine odo), Price 3 lacs.

3.Optra Magnum LT, Single Owner 2010, Done 62000 km, Price 3 Lacs.

4. Verna SX ABS 2008, 80000 km, 3rd owner, price 2.65 lacs

He is looking for Diesel sedan and will be using it for min. 2-3 years and his max budget is 2.5 to 2.75 lacs. Which one to go for ? Any suggestions will be helpful.

Last edited by stable rock : 17th October 2017 at 13:52.
Old 17th October 2017, 15:07   #12388
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stable rock View Post
Dear Friends,
He is looking for Diesel sedan and will be using it for min. 2-3 years and his max budget is 2.5 to 2.75 lacs. Which one to go for ? Any suggestions will be helpful.
Go for the Optra's if and only if you have the time and a way to source the spares, & can get it serviced in a neighborhood garage. Best price would be anything under 2.5 Lakhs.

The Verna's will have better support for spares, no doubt on that. But neither of them seem to be with genuine odo.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 17th October 2017 at 15:08.
Old 17th October 2017, 15:47   #12389
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Go for the Optra's if and only if you have the time and a way to source the spares, & can get it serviced in a neighborhood garage. Best price would be anything under 2.5 Lakhs.

The Verna's will have better support for spares, no doubt on that. But neither of them seem to be with genuine odo.
Forget both of them, find a used diesel hatch such as a Figo, or a used smaller sedan like an Amaze, Swift Dzire etc for your price range. You will get more recent year's models, not cars with tampered odo which might be two or three thousand km away from requiring a new turbo etc expensive repairs.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:48   #12390
GT3
BHPian

Quote:
Whoever bought it got a bargain. You could have posted here / on tbhp classifieds ..
I sold it to a dealer, since I didn't any serious enquiry through online ads. What would have been the correct price.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks