Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 20:21   #12421
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

For all the bhpians in Bangalore, a friend of mine and I are on the hunt for a used Polo GT TSI for my friend. Considering it is a fairly popular car, can folks recommend good used car dealers where we can go check out some GT TSIs?
Old 29th October 2017, 20:28   #12422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post
For all the bhpians in Bangalore, a friend of mine and I are on the hunt for a used Polo GT TSI for my friend. Considering it is a fairly popular car, can folks recommend good used car dealers where we can go check out some GT TSIs?
There are couple of good used car dealers along BTM - silk board stretch. One after Jayadeva flyover and one before AXA signal. There is also a decent one opp to Embassy golf links main gate, Domlur.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 06:25   #12423
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
What will be a good price to quote for a 2014 Honda Amaze VX iVtec, 18000 kms, First Owner, Chennai?
This is for a friend.
Usual rule of thumb - take the tbhp price check calculator value. Then take the value returned on say carwale.com

Average the two.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 06:27   #12424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IshaanIan View Post

Check VW used car dealer in Victoria road. You get one year warranty if you buy from VW
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 11:54   #12425
BHPian

Thanks for all the Advise

Picked up a used 2015 Renault Duster 85PS RXL Option with SatNav. Has run 40K and comes with company fitted alloys, airbags, abs, touch screen with navigation and reverse camera.

I was looking for Fluidic Verna D or a Nissan Sunny D. But came across the duster by chance and finalized everything in 3 days.

Have driven around 200 KMS, so far so good except for couple of rattles from the door and dashboard.

Regards
Old 30th October 2017, 13:13   #12426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Thanks for all the Advise

Picked up a used 2015 Renault Duster 85PS RXL Option with SatNav. Has run 40K and comes with company fitted alloys, airbags, abs, touch screen with navigation and reverse camera.
Congratulations on the purchase. Can you please share the price you bought it for? It helps other buyers in the forum.

And a question w.r.t to the Duster, is the clutch heavy?
Old 30th October 2017, 16:56   #12427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. Can you please share the price you bought it for? It helps other buyers in the forum.

And a question w.r.t to the Duster, is the clutch heavy?
I paid 8 Lakh for the car.

No, the clutch is neither heavy nor smooth. Its heavier then say Swift diesel or Punto diesel but lighter than Scorpio.

Only issue I am seeing it that the gear doesn't engage or shift easily. Its a bit rubbery and will take some time getting used to the gear shift.

Regards

Last edited by chandrda : 30th October 2017 at 16:57. Reason: Spelling
chandrda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2017, 11:37   #12428
BHPian

Guys, what should be the price for the below stated:
Manufacturer: Honda City
Year: 2010
Variant: VMT
Ownership serial: 01
Running: 18000
Insurance: Valid (with 50% NCB but non transferable)
Condition: 5/10 (interior and exterior)
Old 31st October 2017, 11:44   #12429
Senior - BHPian

Just 18000 km in 7 years does not make any kind of sense, and you say the exteriors and interiors are much below par.

What precisely is the condition based on Honda's inspection? Details rather than a test score. Battery, clutch, tyres, engine, body condition etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metropolis View Post
Guys, what should be the price for the below stated:
Manufacturer: Honda City
Year: 2010
Variant: VMT
Ownership serial: 01
Running: 18000
Insurance: Valid (with 50% NCB but non transferable)
Condition: 5/10 (interior and exterior)
Old 31st October 2017, 12:12   #12430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Just 18000 km in 7 years does not make any kind of sense, and you say the exteriors and interiors are much below par.

What precisely is the condition based on Honda's inspection? Details rather than a test score. Battery, clutch, tyres, engine, body condition etc etc.
The owner of car has no flair to keep it pristine

Following are further insights:
1. The car has partial service history.
2. The tires need to be replaced within next 5-10k; one of them bears a crack. The spare is unused though.
3. The owner's office is within 4 kms of his vicinity; being the only reason for such low running as per him. The car has run locally only.
3. Honda has inspected the car and according to them, engine seems fine and needs a service as it was done a year ago and that too from local service station. The car is not rusted from below and suspension, brake appears to be alright. Battery needs a replacement.
4. Total expense is estimated 35k bringing it back to shape leaving aside the insurance which is due in next two months and would be costing 10k flat.

What do you suggest in terms of pricing and going ahead as the car has only 8 years left?

Thank you.
Old 31st October 2017, 12:24   #12431
Senior - BHPian

Change the tyres - especially one has a crack means just change the set. Unused or not - the spare's compound will have got hard so trade in the spare for a new tyre anyway. The spare might be a 175x65r14 smaller tyre than what the City uses, many manufacturers do that to cut costs, and won't have an alloy rim.

You're probably looking at closer to 50k to bring the car back into condition if you use fully synthetic oil, etc. And add the tyre cost. I would say let this one slide and look for something better, or start by knocking off at least 1.2 lakhs from his asking price, come down to 75..80k from what he asks.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:42   #12432
BHPian

Hi Everyone,
I'm from Chennai and I'm in the market for a second hand Automatic sedan. Currently I'm checking a Vento Highline TSI AT 2015 model. The Odo reading is 35000 KMs. And the current owner is a Second owner. Though the car is in a good condition, I'm worried about count of owners. The asking price is 7.5 L and its somewhat near the TBHP valuation tool. But the moment I change it to Third owner (if in case I sell it immediately), the value plunges to 5.9 L. Please help me to arrive at a fair price. Thanks.
Old 1st November 2017, 12:45   #12433
Senior - BHPian

Don't buy this unless you are willing to keep the car for several years and the car is worth keeping for that long.

Any lightly used third owner car in good condition is a bargain, but so few of those are genuine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
Hi Everyone,
I'm from Chennai and I'm in the market for a second hand Automatic sedan. Currently I'm checking a Vento Highline TSI AT 2015 model. The Odo reading is 35000 KMs. And the current owner is a Second owner. Though the car is in a good condition, I'm worried about count of owners. The asking price is 7.5 L and its somewhat near the TBHP valuation tool. But the moment I change it to Third owner (if in case I sell it immediately), the value plunges to 5.9 L. Please help me to arrive at a fair price. Thanks.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2017, 19:28   #12434
BHPian

I plan to sell my Febuary 2010 Honda Civic VMT gray colour second hand run 45000 kms in good condition in Aurangabad (Maharashtra). How much should i expect to sell it for?
Old 2nd November 2017, 10:27   #12435
BHPian

Need quick advice on whether 4.25 lac seems ok price for alto k10 amt vxi with airbag, 2017 model with 4 yrs warranty. Know seller hence know it is genuine. Lot of accessories including reverse cam.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks