Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2017, 06:47   #12451
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Hello,
I am getting a quote of 10.5 lac for my 2014 XUV 500 W8 FWD with 40K on the ODO.
Got in inspected from cars24 and below is the summary . Can I expect a little more ?
That's approx 2 lacs depreciation per year (considering 4 years ) which sounds okay to me.
However, cars 24's quote is always 50-100k below what an end customer would pay. Tell them you are not interested and they might come back with a customer quote after they display your car details on their portal. In my case they offered 3.1 lacs for my car if they are buying and next day they said a customer offered 3.8 lacs.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 07:19   #12452
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishankpatel View Post
There has not been any discussion about price yet, since the seller is a very good friend of mine.
Like Suresh said, get the quotes from these sites. Additionally, you can get the buying + selling price. Average it out. Also look at the IDV of the car. Use these numbers when talking to your friend. That way you have middle ground. May be inrease it a bit to round it off to nice looking number.
Old 13th November 2017, 07:46   #12453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
That's approx 2 lacs depreciation per year (considering 4 years ) which sounds okay to me.
However, cars 24's quote is always 50-100k below what an end customer would pay. Tell them you are not interested and they might come back with a customer quote after they display your car details on their portal. In my case they offered 3.1 lacs for my car if they are buying and next day they said a customer offered 3.8 lacs.
Thanks Lambydude, they did the same to me . Initial quote was 9.7 and by evening they upped it to 10.45. Similar quote was also given by Toyota U-trust guys .
The response from Droom (OBV application) is very poor . It shows a higher resale though.

Have posted an add in OLX now . Will wait for couple of days. Will keep posted.
- Ansuman
Old 13th November 2017, 09:06   #12454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansumaan View Post
Thanks Lambydude, they did the same to me . Initial quote was 9.7 and by evening they upped it to 10.45. Similar quote was also given by Toyota U-trust guys .
The response from Droom (OBV application) is very poor . It shows a higher resale though.

Have posted an add in OLX now . Will wait for couple of days. Will keep posted.
- Ansuman
I somehow feel the price quoted is too low. Since W8 is discontinued, look at the W9 on road price now. Carwale shows around 19.2 Lakhs. Not sure what current offers are but let's assume there's a scope for around 70-80k discount. That works out to 18.5lakhs. Pls validate what are the exact missing features in W8 versus the new W9. I recall in some other thread that the W9 misses a lot of safety features the W8 had. Hence you are selling a car which probably has more safety features.
Coming to depreciation, I would say, 43% depreciation in 3 years seems to be a bit high. Another 70K-1lakh possibly could be extracted through a direct sale. But be mindful this being November and within 1 month your car will lost 1 more model year. So advertise across all sites, let a few reputed used car dealers know and try to do a sale quickly.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2017, 11:52   #12455
BHPian

Does it make sense to buy second owner, 65k run, 2010 Altis V Automatic? Condition is ok, not the greatest, reasonably maintained, some suspension noise & brake noise present. Considering 3rd owner, most likely would have to scrap it after use.
Old 13th November 2017, 12:47   #12456
BHPian

Thanks Narayan .Yes the timing is the key here . Have advertised on the leading portals
Old 13th November 2017, 13:42   #12457
BHPian

I am planning to sell my Ford Figo TDCI ZXI variant. I am the third owner and it has run 118000 km till date. It is a 2010 make. From the time I bought, it has been serviced at FORD exclusively.The mechanical and interiors are in good condition. It has never met with an accident and it has few scratches here and there.

What can be a reasonable asking price? Does it make sense to try and get it exchanged as part of buying a new car? I am planning to buy a new car after selling it or as part of an exchange. Please advice me.
Old 13th November 2017, 13:59   #12458
Senior - BHPian

@aneeshtn - You may get 2L if condition of your car is excellent. 1.75-2L is the range you can expect.
Old 13th November 2017, 20:47   #12459
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am planning to sell my 3rd Gen Honda City S MT, registered June 2009. It has done around 54k kms and I am the third owner of the car. The car is in good condition and is regularly serviced at authorized Honda Service Center. No accidents till date. Minor scratches which are obvious for its age and use.

I have fitted new Michelin XM2 tyres and they have done 8k kms. The car has new Disc brakes and brake pads installed at 45k kms.

What is the expected price that I should be looking for?

Regards,

aghate22
Old 13th November 2017, 22:51   #12460
BHPian

Guys do anyone know a good used car dealer in Bhubaneswar, I want to sell my Tata Aria 2012 OR registered Pure version.
Old 14th November 2017, 14:57   #12461
BHPian

I am planning to sell my Toyota Etios Liva GD 2011 with 82k kms on the odo with Delhi registration. First owner, tires changed at 50k kms to Continental.

Price check tool on the TBHP shows 2.6 upwards.

What Toyota, Honda and Maruti are offering is from 2 to 2.3 lakhs. They quote the 10 year rule for Diesel cars in Delhi.

Any feedback on the above?
Old 14th November 2017, 15:01   #12462
Senior - BHPian

Offer it to a private buyer if you want closer to 2.5/2.6 else you might get 2.4 tops from a dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
I am planning to sell my Toyota Etios Liva GD 2011 with 82k kms on the odo with Delhi registration. First owner, tires changed at 50k kms to Continental.

Price check tool on the TBHP shows 2.6 upwards.

What Toyota, Honda and Maruti are offering is from 2 to 2.3 lakhs. They quote the 10 year rule for Diesel cars in Delhi.

Any feedback on the above?
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 21:55   #12463
BHPian

I am looking at a 2015 Nov Nano XTA done 18k kms for the better half. It will be regularly driven to my daughter's school for drop and pick up. The asking price is 2.75L what is the best price I can offer?
Old 14th November 2017, 22:02   #12464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post
I am looking at a 2015 Nov Nano XTA done 18k kms for the better half. It will be regularly driven to my daughter's school for drop and pick up. The asking price is 2.75L what is the best price I can offer?
Much better to look at used Alto AMT or a slightly older i10 Automatic.The nano though spacious, has very less going for it specially at that price and without any safety features or creature comforts.I doubt it'll ever find a buyer at that price, would also whole heartedly recommend a Honda city automatic 2009-10 that can be had for such prices and is super reliable even at say an 80000 Kms or so if you are OK with the size.
Had I been in your place, would put my money on an i10 and if you're ok with it, even an A star would so much better.
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2017, 22:45   #12465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtdvl View Post

Just picked up Sept 2015 manufactured Nano XTA 12k odo genuine (verified at Tata ASS) for much less. Try finding a seller directly. All Nanos have default 4 years warranty and hence I thought it was safe bait.
sindabad.sailor is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks