Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2017, 23:47   #12466
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindabad.sailor View Post
Just picked up Sept 2015 manufactured Nano XTA 12k odo genuine (verified at Tata ASS) for much less. Try finding a seller directly. All Nanos have default 4 years warranty and hence I thought it was safe bait.
For driving within the city at typical slow city speeds it is just fine. Some intrepid BHPians have taken nanos out on quite long highway trips too.

If you are aware of the absolute lack of safety features and practice defensive driving, you are sort of about as ok as you will be taking a Nano onto the highways as you'd be in an Alto or M800.

It is a fun machine to drive and can turn in a tiny radius, park almost anywhere.

Go ahead, just fine for city use.
Old 15th November 2017, 12:34   #12467
BHPian

My friend and colleague plans to sell his Elite i20. Would like to know the expected sale value. Details are below:
Purchased : Sept 2016
Model : Sportz
Fuel : Petrol
Colour : Black

And additional details required I can provide.
Thanks in advance.
Old 18th November 2017, 11:33   #12468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
For driving within the city at typical slow city speeds it is just fine. Some intrepid BHPians have taken nanos out on quite long highway trips too.

If you are aware of the absolute lack of safety features and practice defensive driving, you are sort of about as ok as you will be taking a Nano onto the highways as you'd be in an Alto or M800.

It is a fun machine to drive and can turn in a tiny radius, park almost anywhere.

Go ahead, just fine for city use.
You rightly pointed out to the USP of Tiny radius. It is also fun to drive.

Drove it from Mumbai nearly 500 km on purchase. Quite nimble. Did struggle a bit in ghats but definitely not worrisome.

I am not new to automatics. Had A6 2.0 TDI S Drive for 3 years recently on assignment abroad. All the noise about AMT is a non issue to me after driving XTA. Yes the engine kind of loses power for that second when gears are being shifted but then it something one gets accustomed to quickly. the manual gear shift comes handy on inclines.

With limited experience, I am quite happy of the decision. Wifey has restarted driving. After a gap of 6-7 years, she drove solo in decent traffic for nearly 15km and since day 1 comfortably driving it solo. So the purpose is achieved.

Got her cheap as she had signs of usage. Now in dilemma as to whether to restore or sale out in 6 months and then have just 1 compact Automatic between us both. Waiting for Nexon AMT for now.
Old 25th November 2017, 12:22   #12469
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Guys - My neighbour owns a 2015 Camry Hybrid in MINT condition, not exactly sure about mileage but can't be more than 15000 kms. The car does only 3-4kms daily & is only owner driven; doesn't let anyone else touch it. I want to buy it from him & need to make a good offer; what should be a correct offer for it?

He also has a 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 (approx 50-55k kms) for sale, again excellent condition. If anyone is interested I can connect you with the owner directly.

Thanks
Old 25th November 2017, 22:57   #12470
BHPian

A good friend is selling his 2010 Chevrolet Optra Magnum Diesel Topend. 68000 Kms done and I know the car from day one. I'm planning to go for it. Please help me with a suitable price. If bought, I'll be using the car for 2 years and sell it after. What could be the depreciation hit I should expect for? Urgent input needed friends.
Old 25th November 2017, 23:59   #12471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
A good friend is selling his 2010 Chevrolet Optra Magnum Diesel Topend. 68000 Kms done and I know the car from day one. I'm planning to go for it. Please help me with a suitable price. If bought, I'll be using the car for 2 years and sell it after. What could be the depreciation hit I should expect for? Urgent input needed friends.
General motors has exited India. Chevrolet Optra is not in production. Turbo goes kaput at around 80K kms. This should be a low value deal and not more than 2 lakh INR
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 01:10   #12472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kablu View Post
Not a wise decision unless you are getting it at a very cheap rate maybe like under 2 lacs. You will struggle to sell it after 2 years.
Lambydude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2017, 10:28   #12473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
Guys - My neighbour owns a 2015 Camry Hybrid in MINT condition, not exactly sure about mileage but can't be more than 15000 kms. The car does only 3-4kms daily & is only owner driven; doesn't let anyone else touch it. I want to buy it from him & need to make a good offer; what should be a correct offer for it?

He also has a 2012 Toyota Fortuner 4x4 (approx 50-55k kms) for sale, again excellent condition. If anyone is interested I can connect you with the owner directly.

Thanks

What city is this? That would help narrow down to the people who would be interested.
Old 26th November 2017, 13:18   #12474
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke View Post
What city is this? That would help narrow down to the people who would be interested.
Sir - It's in Mumbai, same as my location.

Anyone else has pointers for fair price of Camry Hybrid?

Last edited by RJK : 26th November 2017 at 13:19.
Old 28th November 2017, 07:49   #12475
BHPian

Quote:

You can quote in range of 18-20 lakhs, i.e do not offer below 18L.

New one comes at 33l on road Mumbai, this is 2015 model so considering 3 years old by now, D segment cars generally depreciate by 20 to 25% so accordingly applied depreciation factor.

Since car is less run and you knew it from day one you may offer some premium to him but i would suggest no to pay more than 20.50l for this one.

Can you PM me details about Fortuner mentioned in your post.

Cheers
Sanket
Old 28th November 2017, 08:41   #12476
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Between 16 to 19 lakhs would be a good price. Is it the facelift?

If you decide against it you can share the details with me, have a friend that might consider.
Old 29th November 2017, 18:26   #12477
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Between 16 to 19 lakhs would be a good price. Is it the facelift?

If you decide against it you can share the details with me, have a friend that might consider.
Hi Sahil - Yes, it's the facelift version & I think he had paid 38L (corporate registration). There was a 2014 13000kms Camry Hybrid on sale last month from Andheri, guy was asking for 25L! I had offered 22L & he declined. And now I don't see the car anymore; looks like the car is in demand!
Old 2nd December 2017, 00:25   #12478
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What would be the right price to pay for an August 2016 GenX Nano. Single Owner. Run less than 1000 Kms. Bombay registered. Has PS and AC only. No stereo or power windows or foglights or rear parcel shelf. No AMT.
Owner is asking for 1.65L as absolute final price including transfer fee of 5K.
Insurance has expired so I will have to put in another 10K for that.

Your responses would be much appreciated.

Regards,
SS
Old 2nd December 2017, 07:44   #12479
Senior - BHPian

Owner or some petty dealer? That is are the papers in the name of the guy who is selling to you or is he claiming that the car belongs to his cousin, friend etc?

Transfer of ownership won’t cost 5000 for sure it’s a few hundred rupees and even agent fees should be a lot less.

1.65 is way too costly a price for a lowest end model nano. Knock at least 30% off the price.

If the car is owned by someone else then you can be sure it’s a petty dealer and aggressively bargain, he will have included his profit margin in the sale price.
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:27   #12480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Hi Guys,

What would be the right price to pay for an August 2016 GenX Nano. Owner is asking for 1.65L as absolute final price including transfer fee of 5K.
Insurance has expired so I will have to put in another 10K for that.

Regards,
SS
Insurance of 10k sounds a bit too much to me. It should be around 6-7k if I am not wrong. Who gave you the insurance quote? Please do check about the insurance cost as well. If the insurance is going to expire soon (like in a couple of days0, it will be the owner's responsibility to renew it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks