Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2018, 11:19   #12676
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harish619 View Post
Hi guys need urgent suggestion and help.
What is the right price for 2013 make, 2014 registered Volvo S60 D5 25000 KMS ?
It's hard to judge the price for an used Volvo, most of them go for around 12L to 15L if they are in very good condition!
Old 29th March 2018, 12:58   #12677
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
It's hard to judge the price for an used Volvo, most of them go for around 12L to 15L if they are in very good condition!
But the dealer is expecting 23.5 lacs and i think they are ready to negotiate around 21 lacs, which i feel is also high. Don't know how to deal with this greedy dealers, as they only say it's customers car sir and he is expecting the same.
harish619 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 13:28   #12678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But the dealer is expecting 23.5 lacs and i think they are ready to negotiate around 21 lacs, which i feel is also high. Don't know how to deal with this greedy dealers, as they only say it's customers car sir and he is expecting the same.
Is it petrol or diesel ? Have a look at this ad for reference, seems to be a direct owner.

https://www.olx.in/item/volvo-s6-mod...tml#a1da9a0783

Is there any issue on getting spares? I could find lot of Volvo's on sale in used car market, Some of them from Chennai might be flood affected, but I find lot of them online from dealers.

Last edited by giri1.8 : 29th March 2018 at 13:30.
Old 29th March 2018, 13:41   #12679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Is it petrol or diesel ? Have a look at this ad for reference, seems to be a direct owner.

https://www.olx.in/item/volvo-s6-mod...tml#a1da9a0783

Is there any issue on getting spares? I could find lot of Volvo's on sale in used car market, Some of them from Chennai might be flood affected, but I find lot of them online from dealers.
Its top end diesel D5 and the car is Coimbatore registrated. Was there any floods in Coimbatore from 2014- 2017? As i came across few of Volvo cars in used market from Coimbatore.
Old 29th March 2018, 16:03   #12680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik0502 View Post
I think that's a great price. I Bought two Nano's in last one year
Thank you.
Just to add a bit of more info, mine is LX, has relatively new tyres and battery (2 and 3 years old respectively) and a clean service record, and of course is accident free. Is treated like a family member!
Old 29th March 2018, 17:57   #12681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its top end diesel D5 and the car is Coimbatore registrated. Was there any floods in Coimbatore from 2014- 2017? As i came across few of Volvo cars in used market from Coimbatore.
There were no floods. And Coimbatore is a town full of industrialists so that you will find a surprising amount of premium cars there - but generally chauffeur driven ones.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2018, 19:55   #12682
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Only Chennai was affected, no need to worry if it's from Coimbatore, anything more than 20L would be a lot for this car, Just my personal opinion
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 20:08   #12683
BHPian

Is 2.25L a good price for 2008 Honda Civic VAT model clocked only 25xxx kms? Odo is genuine as verified through service history from Honda service centre. Due to less usage the car is in very good condition with very negligible wear and tear.

I am looking at this car as a short term upgrade from Swift petrol so will it a good buy in 2018? Car is in Mumbai with a dealer who is refusing to go below this price. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Old 31st March 2018, 21:21   #12684
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
Is 2.25L a good price for 2008 Honda Civic VAT model clocked only 25xxx kms? Odo is genuine as verified through service history from Honda service centre. Due to less usage the car is in very good condition with very negligible wear and tear.

I am looking at this car as a short term upgrade from Swift petrol so will it a good buy in 2018? Car is in Mumbai with a dealer who is refusing to go below this price. Any suggestions would be welcome.

2.25 lakhs is a superb price for a 2008 civic V AT. 25000 is also a very low running for a 10 year old car.

Even after 10 years, the Civic remains an enthusiast favourite and is an excellent buy, especially at the price you are being offered.

Prathik
Prathiiik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 22:41   #12685
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
Is 2.25L a good price for 2008 Honda Civic VAT model clocked only 25xxx kms? Odo is genuine as verified through service history from Honda service centre. Due to less usage the car is in very good condition with very negligible wear and tear. .
If you are convinced about the mileage and the condition of the car, go for it without second thought. The AT has a life of about 25k left at the minimum.
Old 12th April 2018, 16:01   #12686
BHPian

I am contemplating selling my September 2015 make Abarth Punto. I purchased the car brand new from the dealer in March 2016. The car has 3100 KM (not a typo), pristinely maintained, stock condition, warranty is valid until 30 December 2018 and also has zero depreciation insurance (valid until April 2019) at a high IDV of 9 lakhs along with engine protect and consumables add on covers. The vehicle is registered in Andhra Pradesh. What sort of price can i expect for it?
Old 12th April 2018, 17:36   #12687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I am contemplating selling my September 2015 make Abarth Punto. I purchased the car brand new from the dealer in March 2016. The car has 3100 KM (not a typo), pristinely maintained, stock condition, warranty is valid until 30 December 2018 and also has zero depreciation insurance (valid until April 2019) at a high IDV of 9 lakhs along with engine protect and consumables add on covers. The vehicle is registered in Andhra Pradesh. What sort of price can i expect for it?
You probably know, but just to reiterate. Keep it or sell it only to an enthusiast (through T-Bhp/FB) who appreciates the car. Given the rarity of the Abarth, I would not be surprised if you get quotes varying from 3-5 lakhs from regular dealers. Yes, you read it correctly.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 12th April 2018 at 17:38.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 18:07   #12688
BHPian

Quote:
I might be interested. Just curious about the warranty part. If you got the car brand new in Mar 16, the warranty should ideally start from that period and be valid till Mar 19 till the completion of three years (just like the Insurance is valid till April 19) . Am I missing anything here?
thepilot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 18:57   #12689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
You probably know, but just to reiterate. Keep it or sell it only to an enthusiast (through T-Bhp/FB) who appreciates the car. Given the rarity of the Abarth, I would not be surprised if you get quotes varying from 3-5 lakhs from regular dealers. Yes, you read it correctly.

I am not going to sell it to a dealer or give it under exchange. I have a few parties (enthusiasts) who are interested and they are interested in purchasing it for 7 lakhs. Considering that its very well maintained and has really low kilometers on the odometer is that a fair price or can i expect around 7.5-7.9 for it if i wait is the million dollar question on my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
I might be interested. Just curious about the warranty part. If you got the car brand new in Mar 16, the warranty should ideally start from that period and be valid till Mar 19 till the completion of three years (just like the Insurance is valid till April 19) . Am I missing anything here?

You are right however there was a bit of drama from the dealers end. You see i am from Visakhapatnam and i had to go to Vijayawada which is 400 kms away to purchase my Abarth. The dealer extended a good discount however he failed to mention a catch. The catch was that in order to give me the discount he had to show the company (Fiat) that the car was sold by him in December of 2015 and not March 2016. So basically i was in the dark about this until i took my car in for the first service in Visakhapatnam and on the service invoice it was mentioned that the cars warranty starts on December 31st 2015 and ends on December 30th 2018. After i saw this i called the dealer immediately as well as Fiat customer care to complain about the discrepancy. As i am from Visakhapatnam its just not possible for me to go all the way to the dealer and fight it out. The actual difference in the warranty was just 2 months and a few days. In the meantime the dealer assured me that they will personally honor the warranty through their dealership until March 10th 2019 even though the actual warranty from Fiat expires on December 30th 2018. They sent me an official letter in that regard with my cars engine number, chassis number and license plate details and i just decided not to make a big deal out of it for the sake of preserving my sanity. But at the end of the day it was not a good experience at all as the dealer should've informed me about all this when i took delivery of the car. After this experience I've decided to never purchase any car outside the city of my residence
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 21:43   #12690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am contemplating selling my September 2015 make Abarth Punto. I purchased the car brand new from the dealer in March 2016. The car has 3100 KM (not a typo), pristinely maintained, stock condition,
Just curious as to why has she run so little? 3100 KM's in 2 years is not even beginning to do justice to this beauty. Btw, how many services has she been through?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks