Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2018, 00:06   #12691
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by chase_nt View Post
I am contemplating selling my September 2015 make Abarth Punto. I purchased the car brand new from the dealer in March 2016. The car has 3100 KM (not a typo).
I understand your predicament. I have a 4th Gen City VX, bought in 2014. Due to sudden change in business requirements, and the fear of taking the new car on narrow and crowded city roads (I use my older ones instead), it has covered just 7000kms in 4 years! I was also briefly considering selling but dropped the idea as I've already taken the depreciation hit, selling now does not make sense. Similarly for you, if there no other reason, I'd suggest you hold it.

One buys Abarth with all their heart, it will not be easy to part ways with it. I think you might just end up regretting the decision.
bansal.sushant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 01:56   #12692
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have a few parties (enthusiasts) who are interested and they are interested in purchasing it for 7 lakhs. Considering that its very well maintained and has really low kilometers on the odometer is that a fair price or can i expect around 7.5-7.9 for it if i wait is the million dollar question on my mind.
It is perfectly reasonable for you to expect 7.5-8 lacs for the car but given that you seem to have fumbled by making a purchase that you are no longer interested in holding onto, and given the discrepancy with the dealer and also given that a fellow enthusiast would take care of it well which you yourself would be able to appreciate, I think waiting for a couple of weeks to a month (or any time-frame decided by you) for the highest offer even if it is only 7 lacs, and selling it at that price would be an overall more peaceful experience.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 09:12   #12693
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Just curious as to why has she run so little? 3100 KM's in 2 years is not even beginning to do justice to this beauty. Btw, how many services has she been through?
I am a single retired recluse and i go out only once a week. My average monthly running is around 100 KMS. I usually drive within the city however i may go on a short highway run once or twice a year. If you've known me on this forum then you would know that I usually change cars every 2-3 years as they grow on me. Even though i don't drive much i have a habit of maintaining my car really well. In fact i personally clean my car every day though i drive her just once a week. I don't want to brag but my 2+ year old car is more well maintained than a car that came from a showroom just 2 weeks ago. The car has completed the 3rd free service (24 months or 30,000 km which ever is earlier).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
One buys Abarth with all their heart, it will not be easy to part ways with it. I think you might just end up regretting the decision.
Purchasing the Abarth was a decision that i grappled with for around 5 months before i took the plunge. It was especially difficult because i loved my prior car (GT TSI) a lot. I don't know why but cars grow on me and i find it really hard to stick with one beyond 2-3 years. I have no qualms parting with the Abarth as my mind is made up. Its just the price that needs to be right.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 18:47   #12694
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am a single retired recluse and i go out only once a week. My average monthly running is around 100 KMS. I usually drive within the city however i may go on a short highway run once or twice a year. If you've known me on this forum then you would know that I usually change cars every 2-3 years as they grow on me. Even though i don't drive much i have a habit of maintaining my car really well. In fact i personally clean my car every day though i drive her just once a week. I don't want to brag but my 2+ year old car is more well maintained than a car that came from a showroom just 2 weeks ago.
Excellent sir, Could you please post a pic of your ride. What will you replace the Abarth with?
Old 13th April 2018, 21:48   #12695
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Excellent sir, Could you please post a pic of your ride. What will you replace the Abarth with?
Im gonna purchase a VW GT TSI once again. You can check out my Abarth Punto initial ownership thread on team bhp. Just type "The White Scorpion" in the team bhp search box and you will find it. You can also check out the ad for my car under hatchback section of team bhp classifieds. I just activated the listing today.
chase_nt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 10:18   #12696
BHPian

What would be a good price to offer on a Single Owner, Ford Fiesta (Classic), 2009, petrol, 1.6 S, clocked about 60,000 kms. Also seems to have a fancy music system installed already. (Yet to take my mechanic and give it a look & drive thru)

OBV seems to price it around 2,20,000
Cars24 is calculating a baffling 80,000 (They're supposed to demystify the pricing process & not further confuse one)

Any thoughts ?
auxsend is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 10:22   #12697
Senior - BHPian

You could go about 10k more than 2.2 I guess if the tyres and battery are new and insurance is current.

Cars24 are focused on buying from you at a rate that’s at least a lakh less than fair market value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
What would be a good price to offer on a Single Owner, Ford Fiesta (Classic), 2009, petrol, 1.6 S, clocked about 60,000 kms. Also seems to have a fancy music system installed already. (Yet to take my mechanic and give it a look & drive thru)

OBV seems to price it around 2,20,000
Cars24 is calculating a baffling 80,000 (They're supposed to demystify the pricing process & not further confuse one)

Any thoughts ?
Old 17th April 2018, 10:29   #12698
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
You could go about 10k more than 2.2 I guess if the tyres and battery are new and insurance is current.

Cars24 are focused on buying from you at a rate that’s at least a lakh less than fair market value.
Hi hserus and thank you for the speedy reply. The seller is at 3.5 at the moment and doesn't want to come down. Says he's spent a fair bit on the sound system and a fancy number as well. Hard to quantify those items in terms of a monetary value (to the new buyer) when pricing out a used car.
Old 17th April 2018, 10:35   #12699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Hi hserus and thank you for the speedy reply. The seller is at 3.5 at the moment and doesn't want to come down. Says he's spent a fair bit on the sound system and a fancy number as well. Hard to quantify those items in terms of a monetary value (to the new buyer) when pricing out a used car.
The accessories add negligible value to the car' s resale. You can perhaps take keen interest in the said music system, ask him his evaluation of the music system and then tell him that you do not need it. The seller can use it in his other/new car and you can get a big discount. Win win situation for both.
Nothing can be done about the fancy number though, it was his personal choice to opt for it.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 11:13   #12700
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
The accessories add negligible value to the car' s resale. You can perhaps take keen interest in the said music system, ask him his evaluation of the music system and then tell him that you do not need it. The seller can use it in his other/new car and you can get a big discount. Win win situation for both.
Nothing can be done about the fancy number though, it was his personal choice to opt for it.
Thanks for the input Mitsuvolk, will check on the music system and see if it makes sense for me to retain or remove from the equation.
Old 17th April 2018, 11:56   #12701
BHPian

I am looking for a used 7-seater with AT and good safety features (6+ airbags, ESP). I came across Chevrolet Captiva 2012/13 LTZ 2.2 AT AWD models that are quoting 10-15 lacs in Bangalore. What would be a good price for this assuming 80-100k mileage? Would there be good spare part availability?

Would the AT unit last another 100k km?

A dream car would be the Volvo XC90 (2012 or later) and these are quoting at 25lacs +. Is this a good price? How about spares availability and maintenance costs for 5+ year old volvo cars?
puntOOs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 12:36   #12702
BHPian

I have been offered by true value, 1.7 Lakhs for my 75k km covered 2nd hand Alto k10, 2012 model.
I had bought the car from the same true value in 2013 for 2.7 lakhs, it had covered 11k km then.
Using OBV and other tools I was expecting max 1.5L as my tyres had about 10k km life left and I am the 2nd owner already.
Was very surprised at what Maruti offered and I'm not even looking at private buyers.

Oh and btw I am exchanging the alto for a swift AMT. I'm not sure if I got an exchange bonus but was told there were no offers for the swift.

Just posting here for other buyers or sellers of the alto k10.
rambo1o1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 16:21   #12703
Senior - BHPian

Guys, whats a reasonable price for a CRV 2008 AT in Mumbai? The car has done 80k kms and looks to be in decent shape. What should be a good deal price for this? I can buy the car if I get a good deal, no real reason to upgrade. Just that CRV is a car I have been lusting after since my early driving days.

Also the car is with a dealer and I cant find the registration number on the car info app. Any way I can check the car history before having a negotiation discussion with the dealer?
Old 17th April 2018, 16:39   #12704
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by puntOOs View Post
I am looking for a used 7-seater with AT and good safety features (6+ airbags, ESP). I came across Chevrolet Captiva 2012/13 LTZ 2.2 AT AWD models that are quoting 10-15 lacs in Bangalore. What would be a good price for this assuming 80-100k mileage? Would there be good spare part availability?
My suggestion: Stay away from this. This is going to be a white elephant if you buy it, can't sell it easily, and the resale price will go down exponentially. Look for a Fortuner.

Last edited by romeomidhun : 17th April 2018 at 16:43.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 16:49   #12705
BHPian

I'm planning to sell my Elite i20 1.2 Asta 2015 May Model. Completed 32K kms with fuss free ownership. What would be the better sale value.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks