Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2018, 11:15   #12766
A M
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinr30 View Post
Is 4.5l worth?

The OBV tool evaluates the 2008 model at 3L max. What you offered him is quite a premium. I would say you should quote around 2.5L and settle around 3L if you really like the car.
Old 31st May 2018, 11:20   #12767
BHPian

Doea this vary city to city? I haven't so far found a close match to OBV tool pricing quotes in the market.
Old 31st May 2018, 19:31   #12768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Individuals quoting way higher. There was an 2016 AT, but folks not agreeing below 9l.
This unfortunately is a big problem. Individuals initially quote sky high prices, unaware of the market, then they ignore generous quotes from genuine buyers and finally somehow end up selling for much lesser to dealers through Cars24 or other channels. The dealers are flourishing but neither the genuine seller nor the genuine buyer are at benefit.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2018, 10:28   #12769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doea this vary city to city? I haven't so far found a close match to OBV tool pricing quotes in the market.
From what I see you are based in Bangalore where car prices are typically the highest ( maybe even Hyderabad has quite high prices ) and the people who have commented that you got a high quote are from Delhi where used car prices are among the lowest. Do consider that as well and then negotiate. From my personal experience, I did not find the OBV to be accurate at all.

Check multiple car portals and see prices that are listed and try to arrive at a reasonable average

Last edited by narayan : 1st June 2018 at 10:30.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 12:58   #12770
BHPian

All,

Apologies if this is not the correct thread to post this query. I am thinking to buy a "big" car , budget will be 5-7L max. My primary usage will be for some highway trips but not really for the daily grind.

Have been looking for Corollas, Accords and the Superbs (1.8TSI) in Chennai. I can troubleshoot issues but not really good at getting my hands dirty since I have owned fairly simple cars - Indica ,Nano. In that sense does it make sense to continue down the path of Skoda or be safe and stick to the Japs ?

Thanks for all the advice.
indivic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 13:29   #12771
Senior - BHPian

At that price range you will get very old examples of the vehicles that you are aiming for.

Instead look one level down - you'll find vehicles priced around 10-15 lakhs that will sell for around 7 lakhs in a much newer condition compared to when you buy an older Superb or Accord at that price.

Honda City, Duster, Ecosport type cars. Or maybe an All New Fiesta like mine, I think you'll love some of the features (self folding mirrors, puddle lamps, push button start, door sensor for entry by just pressing a button on the door handle, etc) the Fiesta has, comparable to cars available at much higher price ranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
All,

Apologies if this is not the correct thread to post this query. I am thinking to buy a "big" car , budget will be 5-7L max. My primary usage will be for some highway trips but not really for the daily grind.

Have been looking for Corollas, Accords and the Superbs (1.8TSI) in Chennai. I can troubleshoot issues but not really good at getting my hands dirty since I have owned fairly simple cars - Indica ,Nano. In that sense does it make sense to continue down the path of Skoda or be safe and stick to the Japs ?

Thanks for all the advice.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 15:00   #12772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
At that price range you will get very old examples of the vehicles that you are aiming for.
You are correct, I get 7-8yr old cars. Besides the Indica &Nano I had a Civic for about 3 years, hence the thirst for a pre-owned big car.

Since I would hardly use this car for 5k km in a year, I was hoping that the usage would be light enough to risk buying an older well maintained car as against the newer cars. I am really not interested in the current 10-15L rung of cars, they do not provide the big car feel.

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2018 at 08:24. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 4th June 2018, 15:10   #12773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
In this budget I'm fairly certain you can find decent example of the Corolla Altis, even the facelifted version that came out in 2011.
It came with a 6 speed manual and a CVT, I am talking about petrol engines.

Try going down that route.

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2018 at 08:24. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2018, 12:57   #12774
BHPian

Follow up post to what I posted couple of weeks ago.
My search for a used car has finally found positive result.

Kindly let me know if the below is a good deal.
  • Thar - 2012 (4x4 A/C) Model CRde
  • Hardtop
  • 69K Kms
  • Insurance - Till Apr 2019
  • Asking - 4.8L (negotiation not started)
Have looked at the vehicle. Maintained really well.
Runs well.

Please tell me if this is a good deal to start negotiating.

Thanks in Advance.
Archish

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2018 at 08:25. Reason: Formatted
Archish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 00:07   #12775
Distinguished - BHPian

What would be a good price for a 2016 Crysta Z / AT that has done 42k ? Color - White. Condition looks good, and vehicle is clean. KA registration.

Last edited by condor : 6th June 2018 at 00:11.
Old 6th June 2018, 07:50   #12776
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
What would be a good price for a 2016 Crysta Z / AT that has done 42k ? Color - White. Condition looks good, and vehicle is clean. KA registration.
Used Innovas sell for ridiculously high premiums so that instead of buying a nearly new Innova you're better off buying a brand new one.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2018, 20:59   #12777
BHPian

What would be a fair price for Honda City VMT Sept. 2013, second owner, 33000 kms done genuine. Verified service history and still running on original set of MRF tyres, insurance valid. The car is in neat condition inside out and with some extra fittings as well. Owner is asking for 6.0L which I felt is a bit steep while the user car valuation tools show anything between 5.0-5.7L as a fair price.

I have to get back to him with my offer hence seeking opinions.
Old 7th June 2018, 10:59   #12778
BHPian

What would be the fair price for Chevy Cruze - 2011 LTZ model, 50K driven, in Bangalore.

Is it worth to buy a Cruze now, considering that Chevy is out of the country, and I will own it for 2-3 years ? Is maintenance a hassle ?

Sold on the looks and the power. Intention is to use it for ~5-7K a year.
Old 7th June 2018, 11:13   #12779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZinFluent View Post
What would be a fair price for Honda City VMT Sept. 2013, second owner, 33000 kms done genuine.
Don't buy it for more than 5L. Remember you would be third owner, no body would want to touch a car from third owner when you decide to sell it.

Last edited by ampere : 12th June 2018 at 08:25. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 12th June 2018, 08:18   #12780
BHPian

Hi,

I've been commuting in Bangalore with a used Corolla Altis, bought in Feb 2017, a 2010 1.8G model bought for 5L. My commute has become longer and more arduous due to the new office in an area where I need to take 5-6 smaller roads from my home and no trunk roads at all, so starting early also doesn't avoid bumper to bumper. I'm not comfortable engaging the clutch and moving few feet at a time in 1 st gear for 80% of my 9km commute each way. It makes me tense and I become weary by the time I reach office or back home.

I looked at automatics in the 5-7L range and found the following choices:

1. Honda City 2012 or newer S/V ATs
2. Honda Jazz 2012 or newer ATs
3. Ford Aspire AT
4. Ford Ecosport AT
5. Hyundai Verna Petrol
6. Hyundai i20

I'll also be using the vehicle for highway trips(say 8-10 trips per year) to Chennai, so capacity to hold 1-2 large suitecases would be good. Which of these cars are low/easy on maintenance, safe and has decent mileage? Any suggestions or thoughts welcome.

I love the Corolla for its solid build and planted feel on the highway. Would I grow accustomed to the bumper to bumper and just need to give it more time? Some of my friends have a beater AT just for the commute while other swear by their MT power and control and it only makes me more indecisive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks