Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 12:43   #12796
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Are parts for the Petrol Ford Fiesta Classic's easy to come by & not too pricey to change bearing in mind it's been out of production now for a couple of years ?
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:02   #12797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Are parts for the Petrol Ford Fiesta Classic's easy to come by & not too pricey to change bearing in mind it's been out of production now for a couple of years ?
General service costs are reasonable usually under 5k. Regular spares like air filter, oil filter and external parts like suspension, wheel bearings or other spares that are shared with the diesel sibling are mostly available.

What are not usually available(takes a day or two to procure) and expensive are -
1) Timings belts and tensioners.
2) Engine gaskets and other rubber boots used to plug oil/coolant leaks from the engine, labour charges to fix them.

As long as the car is trouble free, regular maintenance is not so heavy on the wallet.
Old 2nd July 2018, 13:49   #12798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
General service costs are reasonable usually under 5k. Regular spares like air filter, oil filter and external parts like suspension, wheel bearings or other spares that are shared with the diesel sibling are mostly available.

What are not usually available(takes a day or two to procure) and expensive are -
1) Timings belts and tensioners.
2) Engine gaskets and other rubber boots used to plug oil/coolant leaks from the engine, labour charges to fix them.

As long as the car is trouble free, regular maintenance is not so heavy on the wallet.
Hi Jetsetgo and thanks for the informative reply.

Seriously evaluating a Single Owner, Ford Fiesta (Classic), 2009, petrol, 1.6 S, clocked about 60,000 kms. Also has a fancy music system installed already (not that it overtly matters to me in any way).

Seller was initially asking for 3.5L and i quoted 2.5 post seeing & inspecting the vehicle. He wasn't keen then, but reverted back to me a few days back offering it for 2.8. Have still held on 2.5 & looks like he'll close at somewhere around 2.6

Worth it at this price ?
Old 2nd July 2018, 14:15   #12799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Hi Jetsetgo and thanks for the informative reply.

Seriously evaluating a Single Owner, Ford Fiesta (Classic), 2009, petrol, 1.6 S, clocked about 60,000 kms. Also has a fancy music system installed already (not that it overtly matters to me in any way).

Seller was initially asking for 3.5L and i quoted 2.5 post seeing & inspecting the vehicle. He wasn't keen then, but reverted back to me a few days back offering it for 2.8. Have still held on 2.5 & looks like he'll close at somewhere around 2.6

Worth it at this price ?
Sales dud and high petrol prices, and he cannot sell it in the market for any more than 2L. So, it solely depends on whether you are willing to pay the additional price, to get the car you wanted.

Or if you had other options in mind, keep searching till the seller budges to your price.
Old 5th July 2018, 08:37   #12800
BHPian

Guys,

What is the fair price for a single owner Ritz Zxi - 2011 make and 22000 km on the odo?

Thanks.
Old 5th July 2018, 09:15   #12801
BHPian

Folks,
I plan to sell my M800 AC of 2007 vintage run only 48000 Km and serviced at authorized workshops barring my last 2 visits which I did at my fng.
It was driven by my wife, daily trip of 18 Km back and forth from home to her Embassy in Chanakyapuri, she had graduated to an Amaze and M800 is used for chores and tony gullies of Purani Dilli.

Also, it has a fancy number; 'F' series number 8000.

How much can I expect? Online tools give varying responses.
Old 5th July 2018, 17:28   #12802
Distinguished - BHPian

Getting offers for Rs. 3.6L for my cousin's 2013 Swift VDi done 62Kkm.
Body is in average condition thanks to the battle scars it's picked up in the city, second owner (on paper, was transferred from individual to company ownership though owner remained the same), MH01 registration.

Is this a good price?
Old 5th July 2018, 18:14   #12803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Getting offers for Rs. 3.6L for my cousin's 2013 Swift VDi done 62Kkm.
Body is in average condition thanks to the battle scars it's picked up in the city, second owner (on paper, was transferred from individual to company ownership though owner remained the same), MH01 registration.

Is this a good price?
Think that the quotes are fair. Can get more condition was excellent, but your message indicated thats not the case.
2000rpm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 18:53   #12804
BHPian

Team,

Need your inputs :

Have come across a 2005 Baleno Lxi with less than 30k km on the odo. It is originally KA registration and not been used much as owner was abroad.

Saw the car today. Everything has to be smooth and excellent - yes it was :
Good body line no scratches even :
Clutch is soft
Gear is very slushy feeling - ( Is it so - Like a stick in mud)
Dampers and suspension I'm not so expert to judge
Tyres are 2004 Dec make and for sure has become hard but decent grip
Tyres must change to 14" as per me and alloys needed
Car is 2005 March make
Insurance is Third party till Apr 19
Miss the spoiler
stock unused stepney
new battery Jan 2018

What would be the right price - I mean a fair price considering I spent 5-10k to maintain the upkeep as mentioned like suspension, lower arms etc..
He won't part the car less than 2.1 lakh as far I discussed.

Is it such highly rated car to fetch such a good re-sale value. Maybe for lesser run and maintained he is quoting absurd rates. Guys what do you think - Is it worth - heart over head.

Heart says yes I can pay till 1.85- 1.9 but then there are buyers ready to take it for 2.1 :(

I'm really in a numb state not sure what to do. A very enthusiast petrol head !!

Thanks
Prsn
Old 5th July 2018, 19:34   #12805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Team,

Heart says yes I can pay till 1.85- 1.9 but then there are buyers ready to take it for 2.1 :(

I'm really in a numb state not sure what to do. A very enthusiast petrol head !!

Thanks
Prsn
13 year old car. Old engine. Not worth picking this one up.
Why don't you look at a SX4 petrol 2010-11 model? You will get them for 2 or 2.5 lakh and that too for a top end used SX4

Avoid the baleno
bhpfaninblr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 21:18   #12806
Senior - BHPian

The resale value of an used car, irrespective of its make and model, is entirely dependent on the consensus that the buyer and the seller can reach. Three transactions in my immediate surroundings force me to say this.
  1. A reasonably well maintained 2004 Alto Lx with 75,000kms on the odo is being quoted at 1.25 lakhs. The buyer is not willing to pay a paisa more than 75k.
  2. A well maintained, 90,000kms run 2008 Alto Lxi was recently exchanged at Nexa for 1.65lakhs.
  3. An October 2017 Ford Aspire Titanium 1.2 petrol (13,500kms run) in spotless condition with nary a scratch was picked up by an acquaintance for 5.8lakhs.
dailydriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2018, 21:47   #12807
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The resale value of an used car, irrespective of its make and model, is entirely dependent on the consensus that the buyer and the seller can reach.
To add to it, here in Hyderabad, there were numerous instances of Innovas being sold for nearly the price they were once bought for, besides having some 2Lakh km's on the odo.

Thanks to the Crysta pricing, the erstwhile innova had become an appreciating asset for many.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 07:20   #12808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Need your inputs :

Have come across a 2005 Baleno Lxi with less than 30k km on the odo. It is originally KA registration and not been used much as owner was abroad.

Prsn
When heart rules head has to take a back seat. No harm in that. Get a mechanic check the car thoroughly and go for it. Just 20k more than what you already are ok to give. Go for it. You may not get such a sample again.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 07:42   #12809
BHPian

Quote:
Team,

Need your inputs :

Saw the car today. Everything has to be smooth and excellent - yes it was :
Good body line no scratches even :
Clutch is soft

Thanks
Prsn

Going by your post car looks in good shape, but hard to believe it did only so many running in all the 10+ years.

Also, you have to change all the tyres, keep upto 20k for that.

Also check out for a well maintained Corolla of 2006 types you should be able to get below 2.5, which is a next segment car, unless you only want a Baleno.

PS - I am running a pre-owned 2006 Corolla now, and very happy with Toyota reliability and service levels, and not to mention that service costs are lower than my earlier Accent.

KK

Last edited by SDP : 6th July 2018 at 08:43. Reason: Please quote only relavent bits of large posts
KK_HakunaMatata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 18:43   #12810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
Guys, what is a decent price my friend can expect in Chennai for his 2015 Amaze VX petrol, run 21K kms & in good shape ?
An update on this for the community's benefit in general and for any Amaze buyers/sellers specifically :
He got a firm offer of 4.9lakh from a serious buyer which he was good with. But in the meantime his wife changed her mind about selling the car and he had also chanced upon GTO's thread "YOUR 5 year old car : Keep, Upgrade or Swap?" & decided to retain the Amaze. The buyer then upped his offer to 5.25lakhs, but he decided to retain the car for few more years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
Have come across a 2005 Baleno Lxi with less than 30k km on the odo.
That almost reads like my 2005 BalenoLxi except for the odo which is 95K km in my case. Otherwise, the soft clutch, 2004Dec tyres (changed few years ago), 2005 March make, stock unused stepney (still the 2004Dec Bridgestone stepney ) are all the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck
What would be the right price........... He won't part the car less than 2.1 lakh as far I discussed.

Is it such highly rated car to fetch such a good re-sale value. Maybe for lesser run and maintained he is quoting absurd rates. Guys what do you think - Is it worth - heart over head.

Not a used car expert here, but even factoring in higher KA new-car prices, his asking price of 2.1L seems high. If you think 1.85L is reasonable given the car's low running and impeccable condition, just quote it and leave it at that, with another 5K buffer for closing the deal at 1.9L max. If there are buyers ready to take it for 2.1, he would have sold it, no ?

Btw, the car is one sweet thing to drive. Even 13yrs later every drive on my Baleno brings a smile to my lips and there aren't many cars in the sub-20L bracket that it can't take on, even today.

And if you are the normal driver, you can putter along in city traffic without constant gear changes and a good FE that would not be matched even by many hatchbacks.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 6th July 2018 at 18:46.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks