Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2018, 15:12   #12886
Senior - BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi all

Planning to sell my 2009 Hyundai i10 Asta Automatic w/ Sunroof as I wish to get a new car. Current reading on the odo is a shade under 95K kms.
Asking price is 1.9 lakhs (negotiable), lesser than what OBV suggests.
Only driven by me / my dad and garage kept at home & office. I have a FE log in excel which I can share if required.
Always serviced from Hyundai dealer / HASC. Average FE is 12.5-13.5 kmpl in mixed conditions.
Insurance expires on last week of August 2018, and road tax is valid till September 2019.
Battery has been replaced 1 year back (currently on the 3rd battery). Suspension overhauled & A/C overhauled between 1-2 years back .
No aftermarket accesories, except I had upgraded the wheels + tires from day 1 to 14" alloys & 185/60R14 tires. Currently the car is on it's second set of tires and should need replacement by Jan 2019.
Minor dings / scratches are there as this is a daily driver car in heavy traffic conditions. No major accident history or any outstanding issues.
I have all the servicing papers, plus original invoices etc neatly filed.
Please check my ownership thread here, and PM me for any further details.

Last edited by blackasta : 21st August 2018 at 15:18.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2018, 15:32   #12887
BHPian

Hi folks,
I have a person in my office who is selling his Alto K10 VXi, 2011. Run for 30K Kms.
He's quoting 2.3 Lakhs and is the second owner. I had a look at the vehicle and was impressed.
Is the price reasonable ? to my mind after looking at True Value and others, it is expensive by about 20K. But I'm ok given that it is someone from my office and can be trusted.

What do the experts think ?
Old 24th August 2018, 17:35   #12888
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Hi folks,
I have a person in my office who is selling his Alto K10 VXi, 2011. Run for 30K Kms.
He's quoting 2.3 Lakhs and is the second owner. I had a look at the vehicle and was impressed.
Is the price reasonable ? to my mind after looking at True Value and others, it is expensive by about 20K. But I'm ok given that it is someone from my office and can be trusted.

The price is just too high and you should get the steering and the clutch checked out (the first sign is the hard and imprecise gear shifting).
It's the older design alto and its already the second owner.i would try to pay a max of 1.8L for the car.
Old 25th August 2018, 21:10   #12889
BHPian

Hi everyone,

Need your help here. I have my eyes set on a 2012 Linea Tjet+ with 112K on the odo. It will be my second car, primarily used for highway trips. The car has been maintained well and regularly serviced. Price quoted: 3.5L. I know 112K is quite huge in terms of miles munched, but I feel that is also an indication that the car is (probably) niggle-free. I want to know what things I need to keep in mind, before closing this. Should I close it? I drive a Punto (P) right now and I have always wanted to go for a Tjet. But buying a new one isn't an option now.

I haven't test-driven the car yet. I will, once I know I'm sure about buying it.

Would love to hear what you guys think. Kindly suggest.
Old 27th August 2018, 17:15   #12890
Senior - BHPian

Hello people,

I'm selling my Vento. Was quoted 3.75 lakh by a dealer when I went in for an exchange. Is that fair value? Orange book has it closer to 4 lakhs. Looking to sell it to a dealer for the sake of convenience.

Make: Volkswagen
Model: Vento 1.6 Diesel, Highline
Year: 2011
Color: Silver
Mileage: 39700 Kms
Features: Full option + seat covers
Condition: In great shape. That includes tyres/battery.
Place: Kerala
Ownership: Single owner

What say? Thanks in advance!
Old 27th August 2018, 17:34   #12891
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Getting offers for Rs. 3.6L for my cousin's 2013 Swift VDi done 62Kkm.
Body is in average condition thanks to the battle scars it's picked up in the city, second owner (on paper, was transferred from individual to company ownership though owner remained the same), MH01 registration.

Is this a good price?
Sold to a broker for 3.80L - not a bad deal at all after 5 years of ownership!
Old 27th August 2018, 17:54   #12892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Hi all

Planning to sell my 2009 Hyundai i10 Asta Automatic w/ Sunroof as I wish to get a new car.
Trading in the same with dealer for 1.25 Lakh against my new car.
Old 27th August 2018, 20:00   #12893
BHPian

Hi guys,
Just wanted to get a fair idea of how much my 2012 CL Jetta Tdi would fetch. It has done 33000 kms and recently got new michelin tyres and Amaron battery. It is remapped and I upgraded the head unit to a rcd 330 plus with carplay. Car is in very good condition with minor scratches on front bumper (one side only). Other than that its pretty clean.
Old 27th August 2018, 22:39   #12894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
Hi guys,
Just wanted to get a fair idea of how much my 2012 CL Jetta Tdi would fetch. It has done 33000 kms and recently got new michelin tyres and Amaron battery. It is remapped and I upgraded the head unit to a rcd 330 plus with carplay. Car is in very good condition with minor scratches on front bumper (one side only). Other than that its pretty clean.
It will fetch precisely what any other 2012 Jetta will fetch, accessories and mods don't generally get factored into sale prices of 6 year old cars. You had better focus on seeing if another bhpian wants it, nobody else will want these, Bilstein shocks etc.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2018, 11:21   #12895
BHPian

Hi Guys,

What can be expected for an MY2013 Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI (Jan 2014 Registered) in Bangalore, which has done about 23K kms and is in excellent condition? Battery needs replacement, tyres still have good amount of life left. No accidents or major repairs carried out yet and serviced periodically as per interval with valid insurance and other documents..
It was a special edition, hence it has Garmin Navigation with Rear Camera and Rear Parking Sensors and also seat covers in Art leather..
Old 28th August 2018, 11:33   #12896
BHPian

Need an estimate for the below:

Volkswagen Vento All Star Petrol (1.6 MPI)
Carbon Steel Colour
13700 Kms driven
September 2017 manufactured
Delivery on 28th September 2017
No major scratches and dents
Waxed every month, washed and cleaned everyday and kept at pristine condition
No remaps or any other modifications done
Rear view camera and display fitted as an accessory
All Star badging , 7 spoke alloy wheels and full Black interiors.
Reason: Running has increase three fold and looking for a diesel Vento instead.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 28th August 2018 at 11:36.
Old 28th August 2018, 14:42   #12897
BHPian

Hey team,

What could be the 2017 Tiguan Comfortline with Odo around 12500 KM price? Since there are only few are available for a buyer in India, putting a right price not easy. Any pointers?
Old 28th August 2018, 18:08   #12898
BHPian

What can be reasonable selling price for 2004 Maruti 800 BS3 AC, registered in Chhattisgarh? The car has done only about 25,000 kms (yes, it is not a typo). The car has been used sparingly however run regularly and never left parked for more than couple of weeks.

P.S: I am not very keen on selling the car as it is in immaculate condition and there are absolutely no issues whatsoever. But parents are senior citizen and there is already another car so my dad now has a post-retirement work of taking both cars for joyride. Is there any worth in keeping the 800 instead of selling it?
Old 28th August 2018, 18:19   #12899
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
how much my 2012 CL Jetta Tdi would fetch...It is remapped
Quote:
It will fetch precisely what any other 2012 Jetta will fetch
Hi Shiva,

As hserus mentioned, in the used car market, the accessories wouldn't really add a lot of value when you go to sell a car. In fact, when you tell someone that it is remapped and all, they might even look at that as an excuse to lower the expected price even further.

Unless someone is a pure petrolhead, a regular Joe wouldn't bother to pick up a remapped car.

R-Six
Old 28th August 2018, 19:06   #12900
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangre View Post
Hi folks,

Incidentally one of my friend bought similar spec car, with just single owner for 2.05L from True value.

Considering number of owners and he is a individual seller(they can't get the same price as a dealer), you can start quoting from 1.75 and bid till 1.85 at max!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks