Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2018, 09:42   #12946
AJo
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

Hello Friends,
I need to sell my March'2014 Fortuner, 4x2 AT, 44000km (Pune). Full Service History available at Toyota ASC. No accidents/ insurance claims in 4 1/2 yrs. New battery installed. Minor scratches on the bumpers.
What would be a realistic price that I would get? Any ideas?
Thanks,
AJ
Old 2nd October 2018, 10:01   #12947
BHPian

re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Please go to "classified" section of TeamBHP where you can click the "price check" tab. and fill in your car details under "Sell". Options for Buy/Sell for all types of cars: Hatchback, Sedan, SUV etc., are available.
http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/

Last edited by virgopal : 2nd October 2018 at 10:03. Reason: Added
virgopal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 10:41   #12948
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJo View Post
Hello Friends,
I need to sell my March'2014 Fortuner, 4x2 AT, 44000km (Pune).
If you are going in for another Toyota, get the car valuated and exchanged at ASC. I've seen Toyota generally gives reasonable buyback price on exchange.

Anyway, yours is a low run car. It wouldn't take long even if you try to sell it to an individual. For price, check used car valuation sites and then classified sites in your area for a similar Fortuner as yours (which would be rare, I tell you).
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 11:06   #12949
AJo
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
If you are going in for another Toyota, get the car valuated and exchanged at ASC. I've seen Toyota generally gives reasonable buyback price on exchange.

Anyway, yours is a low run car. It wouldn't take long even if you try to sell it to an individual. For price, check used car valuation sites and then classified sites in your area for a similar Fortuner as yours (which would be rare, I tell you).
My experience is that any ASC (including Toyota) quotes atleast 25% less than the price one should get. (BTW - I purchased an X1 Msport). I checked in Olx & found that quotes are around 17 to 22 Lacs (But, all these are mostly around the 1Lac Km vehicles).

I just got an offer for 18L (from a used car dealer I know). I am not keen to sell to a dealer & feel I should wait for a suitable individual customer.
Thanks,
AJ
Old 2nd October 2018, 13:23   #12950
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJo View Post
MI checked in Olx & found that quotes are around 17 to 22 Lacs (But, all these are mostly around the 1Lac Km vehicles).

I just got an offer for 18L (from a used car dealer I know). I am not keen to sell to a dealer & feel I should wait for a suitable individual customer.
Thanks,
AJ
These are good data points to quote your price. You can check with a few more dealers and get the best case price. Also try cars24. There is a separate thread on them. add a lakh to that and post an ad leaving a bit of room for negotiation.
narayan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2018, 20:46   #12951
BHPian

I am considering purchasing a 2012 Jazz top end and the seller is quoting 4 lakhs for it.
I think it is on the higher side. What would be a fair price for it?
Old 7th October 2018, 10:27   #12952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallicar View Post
I have a second hand JETTA (Diesel Highline AT) 2012 which I bought with 33k kms on ODO and now it is 56k or 58k. Headliner needs to be changed/stick back again. AC cools when the car is running and on red light it depends on the ACs mood. Other than that there is no problem.

I installed Philadelphia 845 - BLAUPUNKT, 2 Rainbow speakers ( component ) and 02 Pioneer speakers ( component ), 2 amps one of Rainbow and one of DD and a sub woofer from Rainbow (Beat). There is damping too.

Car has never been in any accident. No claims. Meter reading is absolutely correct as I checked all the usual things regarding that.

How much can I expect for the car ? Any guesses ?
You should expect between 6 to 8 lakhs. It would be closer to 6 unless you get a discerning buyer.
Old 8th October 2018, 09:02   #12953
BHPian

When's a good time to sell ?

Have a 2013, Hyundai Eon, Magna Plus, Single owner that’s logged only 16,000 kms. Bought initially for my mum just for the local commutes. She seldom uses it these days & it is in great condition.

Wondering whether it makes sense to sell it off now, or hang onto it a bit more and then let go?

Not sure when the in the whole ownership curve it makes sense to sell?

Last edited by Aditya : 17th October 2018 at 07:13. Reason: Typos, grammar. Please proof read before posting. Thanks!
Old 8th October 2018, 09:54   #12954
Senior - BHPian

Re: When's a good time to sell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxsend View Post
Wondering whether it makes sense to sell it off now, or hang onto it a bit more and then let go?
In the eyes of a buyer, your Eon is a gem. It has lots of usable life left for the person who purchases it. If you hold on to it for 2 or 3 more years, its desirability in the market will definitely go down. For example, 8 year old car with 20k kms won't be as desirable because, ultimately, manufacturing year is the major concern for a buyer (esp. in this age of car bans ).

If you feel you have the funds for an upgrade, put your car up for sale and wait for a couple of weeks. You can even consider getting it evaluated and exchanged for a new car at some dealership. If you get a good price, sell it. Otherwise hold on for a couple of years and then sell.

Quote:
Not sure when the in the whole ownership curve it makes sense to sell?
Now this thing really varies from situation to situation. It depends on the price you get. The first three years give the highest hit in depreciation. I would say any time after 3 years is good to sell provided that you get a good price. Ideally, selling a car when it has 2 or 3 years of life left (and is past 1 lakh kms) will give you the best value in monetary terms. However, everything can not be valuated in monetary terms. 5 to 7 years is when majority of people start looking for an upgrade.

Last edited by aah78 : 17th October 2018 at 00:00. Reason: Quoted post edited.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2018, 12:28   #12955
Senior - BHPian

Re: When's a good time to sell ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Ideally, selling a car when it has 2 or 3 years of life left (and is past 1 lakh kms) will give you the best value in monetary terms.
Spot on. 6-8 years & 1 Lakh km's is probably the sweetest spot to sell a car. This applies to all cars with high resale value. Besides, inflation will catch up in 8 years giving some further boost to the resale value.

But, to many 8 years is quite a long time. One has to deal patiently to calm down the itch to change.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 14:22   #12956
BHPian

Are there any 118d owners in the forum? I would like an honest review. Technically this looks like a drivers car in a compact package best for people who need compact car to drive around city.

I came across this beautiful Blue color 118d sportline variant of 2014 with 76000 kms on odo. Asking price is 14.5 lacs, which is negotiable.
Can users recommend the best price to buy this at, considering everything goes well within BMW check?

Considering that this model is discontinued by BMW.
Old 12th October 2018, 21:49   #12957
BHPian

What should be a fair price for 3rd owner 2014 530d LCI. Its run for around 50k kms and is in a fair condition.
Old 14th October 2018, 11:52   #12958
BHPian

Folks, what's your opinion on a 2013 Volvo V40 Cross Country D3 model? It's done about 1,12,000 kms and asking price is 14 lakhs. I don't know what servicing it going forward will cost. What's your opinion on this model and what price point is right to buy ?
Old 16th October 2018, 16:59   #12959
BHPian

Friends , I am looking for an used car to replace my second hand 2003 Alto vxi. This will be second car - mainly for city run so looking for a smaller/hatchback (Petrol) with decent interiors - budget 3L in Hyderabad. Any Suggestions what cars should I include in my target search list? I am thinking of Swift but are any other good options that I should consider ?
Old 16th October 2018, 20:12   #12960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
I am thinking of Swift but are any other good options that I should consider ?
Hyundai i10 is another good choice for a city hatchback. It has super light controls, compact size and a good quality cabin. I've driven the 1.1-litre variant for some time and the engine feels completely at home in traffic. So yes, give first priority to i10 and then Swift/Ritz.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks