Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2019, 11:36   #13096
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Need some help from experts. Sep 2017 Tata Hexa XTA with around 12500 kms on odo. Lightly used. The owner has replaced the front windshield and had one small repaint job for a scratch. Apart from that, looks neat. What do you think is an ideal price? Owner is asking 15.5-16L. Brand new XTA costs around 22L. Further, this has all those features such as roof rails, which Tata deleted later.

I am bit confused since Tata might stop the Hexa when the BSVI norms come in during April 2020 and further, do you think there might be additional maintenance to the car, due to the BSVI compatible fuel? Resale value is something which I am a wee bit concerned, but I guess this will have better resale than the Aria.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:48   #13097
Senior - BHPian

Check the repair history. I guess there is a lot of damage from a head on collision which has been repaired. Look for signs of a bullbar having been hastily removed, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Need some help from experts. Sep 2017 Tata Hexa XTA with around 12500 kms on odo. Lightly used. The owner has replaced the front windshield and had one small repaint job for a scratch. Apart from that, looks neat. What do you think is an ideal price? Owner is asking 15.5-16L. Brand new XTA costs around 22L. Further, this has all those features such as roof rails, which Tata deleted later.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 11:57   #13098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Check the repair history. I guess there is a lot of damage from a head on collision which has been repaired. Look for signs of a bullbar having been hastily removed, for example.
I have done that, the service history shows only the windscreen was changed. The owner told me that the glass cracked at a place due to a stone and he changed the windshield due to that/
Old 17th April 2019, 13:29   #13099
BHPian

Hi what should be the ideal price for Skoda Octavia 2015 Ambiente 2ltr TDI done18000 kms. The owner is asking for 9.5lacs. Also does skoda offers extended warranty packages on its cars. I am thinking of checking this car out soon. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old 17th April 2019, 14:13   #13100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Hi what should be the ideal price for Skoda Octavia 2015 Ambiente 2ltr TDI done18000 kms. The owner is asking for 9.5lacs. Also does skoda offers extended warranty packages on its cars. I am thinking of checking this car out soon. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I believe you are referring to Ambition trim and manual.
Although the asking price is decent from buyers perspective, you can bargain a bit more citing the recent launch of Octavia corporate edition at 17 lacs ex showroom. This car has many more features added when compared to 2015 model.
Skoda used to give 4 years warranty in 2015. If it is outside warranty period, I doubt if you can buy extended warranty now.
Lambydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 15:26   #13101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
I believe you are referring to Ambition trim and manual.

Although the asking price is decent from buyers perspective, you can bargain a bit more citing the recent launch of Octavia corporate edition at 17 lacs ex showroom. This car has many more features added when compared to 2015 model.

Skoda used to give 4 years warranty in 2015. If it is outside warranty period, I doubt if you can buy extended warranty now.

Thanks Lambydude. My bad. Yes It's the Ambition trim albeit in automatic transmission mode. My greatest worry is to buy a skoda car outside warranty period as customers peace of mind isn't associated with the brand 😊. Anything in particular I need to look out for while checking the car. Is it ok to buy a 2015 Octavia. The car has done only 18000km so is sparingly used and that's what attracted me to consider it. Any guidance would be a great help. Thanks.
Old 17th April 2019, 20:08   #13102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
Need some help from experts. Sep 2017 Tata Hexa XTA with around 12500 kms on odo. Lightly used. The owner has replaced the front windshield and had one small repaint job for a scratch.
Please inspect the car, if possible with a knowledgeable mechanic. The Hexa is a great car with a wonderful Auto box. If everything looks good, try to close the deal at 13-14 lac.

Quote:
am bit confused since Tata might stop the Hexa when the BSVI norms come in during April 2020 and further, do you think there might be additional maintenance to the car, due to the BSVI compatible fuel?
Tata might stop the Hexa irrespective of BS VI norms coming into play, and concentrate on the Harrier with the upcoming 7 seater version. There won't be any additional maintenance you need to worry about. BS VI has nothing to do with fuel - companies just need to tune their engines to meet the emission norms. Millions of pre BS VI cars will run just the way they used to.
Old 18th April 2019, 10:58   #13103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Thanks Lambydude. My bad. Yes It's the Ambition trim albeit in automatic transmission mode. My greatest worry is to buy a skoda car outside warranty period as customers peace of mind isn't associated with the brand 😊. Anything in particular I need to look out for while checking the car. Is it ok to buy a 2015 Octavia. The car has done only 18000km so is sparingly used and that's what attracted me to consider it. Any guidance would be a great help. Thanks.
2015 Octavia TDI automatic run only 18k kms? For 9.5 lacs?
That's a steal! Go buy it before someone else does.
Also, do take it Skoda service centre and do a thorough check for any accident history.
Old 19th April 2019, 00:22   #13104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambydude View Post
2015 Octavia TDI automatic run only 18k kms? For 9.5 lacs?

That's a steal! Go buy it before someone else does.

Also, do take it Skoda service centre and do a thorough check for any accident history.

Thanks buddy. I am looking forward to check the vehicle in person in coming week. The owner is out of town and returns next week. Apart from Skoda Service centre I am also planning to show it to a FNG where my friends Skoda Superb is taken care of regularly. So would get options from both and then hopefully if everything checks out fine will negotiate a final price and get it. Keeping fingers crossed for now.
Old 19th April 2019, 13:19   #13105
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "Used Bike Price Thread"

Cross posting from another thread to have more opinions.

I came across a Baleno RS media car at a local car dealer (8k driven). It is not a pre-production car but a final production car.

The car is of the same lot (same color, same HR26DA registration series and date Dec'2016, registered in name of MSIL) as the following video:

The seller quotes 6.50 but ready to sell at 6.00 lakhs. The car looks brand new inside out.

Worth it (even if consider it as Alpha variant)?

Another option I came across is DL registered 2017 Baleno Delta with 5000 Kms on odo for 5.50 lakhs. This is also scratchless car from direct owner. Is the price ok?
Old 20th April 2019, 14:50   #13106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Is the price ok?
With some bargaining, you'd be able to bring down the price to Rs. 5-5.25 lakhs depending on the condition. Fair enough for a 2 year old car with 5000 kms on it as the facelifted Delta costs almost Rs. 7 lakhs now (but is better equipped).

The first option doesn't make much sense as the car is already registered with MSIL and you'll be the second owner. Plus it's a media car, high chances of being thoroughly abused right from day one.

Search for a showroom display car (pre-facelift) if you want the best deal. You'll get an unregistered top-spec trim without any chances of abuse apart from some people checking out the space, fiddling with the buttons and so on. But you'll have to ensure that you get a piece kept on display inside the showroom and not a test drive vehicle

Last edited by self_driven : 20th April 2019 at 14:51.
self_driven is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 15:54   #13107
BHPian

Hello. There's a 2002 Mondeo Petrol (not Ghia), 87k clicks on the odo, single owner and well cared for car now for sale. It was purchased in Pune originally & re-registered in 2005 in Bangalore.

Comprehensive insurance, FC, LTT, new battery, decent tyres (replaced), genuine rear spoiler on boot costing 20K at dealer and European sun control films costing about 20K working so well that AC top up hasn't been done in 17 years. Clean interiors and owner has used synthetic engine oil for the most part of ownership.

Suspension replaced at 40K kilometers due to misdiagnosis (as per owner), and drives well indeed at the moment except for a spongy brake pedal and a little tight steering.

It has functional xenons, functional front lamp washers and retrofitted rear cam and spacious interiors.

Of all the research I did on Team BHP and Google issues this Mazda 2.0 Duratec engine had was/is

1) Throttle Swirl flaps requiring replacement if rattle found (not sure dealers can do this in India)

2) Crank case breather pipe crack

3) Sub frame problem.

4) Sub par mileage of 7 Km/l driven with AC on.

Asking price for this Parsi-Baba type maintained car (owner isn't parsi ) , is 2.95 lakhs and slightly negotiable. Everybody else i asked says not more than a Lakh no matter how good the condition and it's age being 17 years

Is this worth considering the asking price? Owner wants a new owner who'll equally treat the mondy well and won't sell to people who quote ridiculous (1 lakh types) prices to him.

Last edited by Ford5 : 20th April 2019 at 15:56. Reason: added point.
Ford5 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 15:56   #13108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I came across is DL registered 2017 Baleno Delta with 5000 Kms on odo for 5.50 lakhs. This is also scratchless car from direct owner. Is the price ok?
You shall be better off with an Elite i20 Magna/Sportz, with a bit more miles @ 3-3.5L.

It scores over the Baleno in all aspects for someone with limited run. I just cannot imagine dishing out that amount on a used can.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 19:50   #13109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
Asking price for this Parsi-Baba type maintained car (owner isn't parsi ) , is 2.95 lakhs and slightly negotiable. Everybody else i asked says not more than a Lakh no matter how good the condition and it's age being 17 years

Is this worth considering the asking price? Owner wants a new owner who'll equally treat the mondy well and won't sell to people who quote ridiculous (1 lakh types) prices to him.
Everyone's right about the Mondeo. No matter how well the car's been maintained, its spares are difficult to procure, and no one would pay more than a lakh for it.

The only person who'll pay close to what the owner is asking for is someone who has fond memories with a Mondeo, or wants to add a unique car to his garage very badly. Chances are, said person will also go to the extremes necessary to procure spares and service the car. Also keep in mind that selling the car in future would not even fetch him 30% of what he'll pay for it now.

Do you fall in the above category? If yes, go for it.
boniver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 20:55   #13110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post

Can you post some pictures please
Mondeo and Vectra were my favourite cars to run on Indian roads.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks