Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2019, 11:32   #13126
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi Guys, need a quick help.
I am planning to sell off my Honda Brio, SMT, 2013 model, Red colour done 49000 KM, Michelin Tyres, 185/65/14 (changed at 41000KM). I am second owner, my elder brother was first owner. Only changes are. upgraded bulb with relay and tyres. Rest stock and running on original parts (Clutch, brakes etc). Bit of paint work need on couple of scratches.
Car is TN passing and I am based out of Bangalore. Planning to sell in Bangalore. NoC not taken yet and the road tax also not paid in Karnataka.

What is the price I can expect. Do you suggest selling it in TN using an agent?

Last edited by aniyo : 30th April 2019 at 11:34.
Old 30th April 2019, 12:30   #13127
BHPian

Hello

I had a 2007 LXI Duo Wagon R 68k KMS done ,I needed a price check on this so visited the CARS24 branch. After checking intensively for a good 1.5 hrs and they came up with an quote of 86 K final rate ,I said thank you but NO .Walked into one of the Maruti showrooms and was offered 1.25 laks for the car and loyalty exchange bonus of 25 k.I had booked an CelerioX AGS so used the same as down payment.
Old 1st May 2019, 01:14   #13128
BANNED

Fellow BHPians -

Would be thankful if you may help me here, planning to pick a Nov 2005 Baleno Vxi with 75K on the odometer. 2nd owner (happens to be a friend). Tyres, clutch plates changed in June 2016, I myself got them changed. This is a DL registered vehicle.

1) What should be the offer price.
2) Distinguished Baleno owners, if you may help me with any known issues on the vehicle with this vintage and what might be impending expenses. Owner is getting the Oil and filters replaced.
3) Any long term issues on the Baleno that you may want bring up would also help me.
4) Spare parts availability, is it an issue with the Baleno.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Torquedo : 1st May 2019 at 01:17.
Old 1st May 2019, 07:51   #13129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Would be thankful if you may help me here, planning to pick a Nov 2005 Baleno Vxi with 75K on the odometer. 2nd owner (happens to be a friend). Tyres, clutch plates changed in June 2016, I myself got them changed. This is a DL registered vehicle.
It's the old Baleno sedan. We sold our 2005 Vxi which was in excellent condition 6 years back in 2013 for just 1.5 lacs. Market value was less because the Baleno used Suzuki parts that cost more.

I don't think there is any reliability issue for this car. Maybe a wheel bearing or the clutch that need to be changed as it nears a lac km. You may want to check this (Cheaper options: Spare parts for the Baleno sedan) thread for more details on parts availability.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 10:27   #13130
Senior - BHPian

Quick update guys!

Sold my city yesterday to a good genuine buyer yesterday. I had started to like the city for what it offered, the convenience part.

The next pursuit begins now! I now need a car for the following usage
- 100km round trips twice a month
- 500 kms round trip twice a year
- Late night marine drive visits
- Emergency trips
- I take Uber / Ola to office, so no daily commute
- I take Uber / Ola to the malls, dont like to park at 7th floor etc and then walk down to the place you want to visit

The above usage translate to the following needs
- A highly reliable car, a fill it, shut it, forget it.
- Has to be a enthusiasts car
- Needs to have ABS + 2 Airbags
- Budget 2.5 Lakhs, given the usage I am unable to justify a budget higher. I can spend more, but there has to be a solid reason for the same

In context of the above, please comment on the shortlist below
Rank 1 - 2011/12 Civics
Rank 2 - 2009-2012 Swift ZXI Models (swift has some really high resale man!)
Rank 3 - Volkswagon vento / polo (not sure of what vintage and what fuel type will I get)
Rank 4 - SX4 ZXI (dont know how much resale will I get post 3 years of usage)

Is there any option I should add?

Any leads for the above cars in Mumbai?
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2019, 11:11   #13131
BHPian

Hello all!

I am confused between following two options and need your views on this.

I have two options:
1. Convert my existing petrol car to CNG at cost of around 55,000 INR and at a cost of warranty because it's just an year old car.

2. Buy a used Nano CNG for 70,000. It's a second owner car from 2014 and used for around 44,000 KM. I have owned Nano CNG in the past and hence don't have any complaint about the product as such. Condition is good, not the best.

Which one do you find the better option is?
Old 2nd May 2019, 21:16   #13132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Which one do you find the better option is?
Which car do you drive currently? Option 1 sounds better as the second hand example you're looking at isn't attractive enough (second owner; 44k kms done; that too on CNG).
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:07   #13133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
Which car do you drive currently? Option 1 sounds better as the second hand example you're looking at isn't attractive enough (second owner; 44k kms done; that too on CNG).
I have Tata Nexon.
Because of its turbocharged engine, I had some doubt in CNG-fying it.
Thankfully I know 3 live examples who have converted their Nexons to CNG and are running them happily.
Thanks for your input.
Old 3rd May 2019, 10:43   #13134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thankfully I know 3 live examples who have converted their Nexons to CNG and are running them happily.
If installed from a reputed installer, there is no reason for CNG kits to not work with a turbo-petrol engine. You can take your query to this thread (Advice on CNG Conversion) to clear your apprehensions.

Again, if your usage is 50-60 kms or so, I think you can manage with a used petrol hatchback with good fuel efficiency. You are fine with driving a Nano, so a less run petrol Nano can also be a good deal. But remember to account for expenses such as insurance, tyres and maintenance over and above the initial cost of the car.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 16:31   #13135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
Quick update guys!

In context of the above, please comment on the shortlist below
Rank 1 - 2011/12 Civics

Any leads for the above cars in Mumbai?
I would say close your eyes and get the Civic. The only downside would be the lower ground clearance on account of the soft rear suspension. This can be fixed to an extent by Coil spring adjusters, I had it on my Civic.
The only thing for you will be the hunt for a 2011-12 Civic in your price range. IIRC correctly, they sell for a bit more. Moreover, the facelifted Civic did fix the problem of saggy rear end (the one with squarish tail lamps).
Another bug bear of the Civic are the engine mounts, the car does go through a fair share but they are not too expensive especially if you get them from Lamington Road.
Happy hunting...
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2019, 22:46   #13136
BHPian

Quote:
I have Tata Nexon.
Because of its turbocharged engine, I had some doubt in CNG-fying it.
Thanks for your input.
This running happily could well be temporary. I have seen many examples with CNG car that run fine initially for 1-2 years and then start developing 1 problem after another.

If you really want CNG go only for factory fitted options from Maruti and no other car.

Last edited by ank.nsit : 3rd May 2019 at 22:48.
ank.nsit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2019, 18:54   #13137
BHPian

What should be the ideal asking price of a 2018 Oyster Grey Hyundai i10 Magna which has clocked 85k kms? The car was registered in Delhi, the insurance renewal/expiry is July/August (possible lapse in renewal some time). The party's asking for 85,000 and we are yet to negotiate with him.

No panels have been repainted and the car is in an average condition physically with a few dents here and there. I will have access to the car for a couple of days, what are the things that should be looked out for before buying?
Old 7th May 2019, 09:26   #13138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren.mistry View Post
I would say close your eyes and get the Civic. The only downside would be the lower ground clearance on account of the soft rear suspension. This can be fixed to an extent by Coil spring adjusters, I had it on my Civic.
Happy hunting...
I am getting a 2011 VAT 60000 kms run car in Good Condition (has the usual Civic problems like faded power window panels, leather seats which require conditioning, etc) for about 3 lakhs. Is the price worth it or should I negotiate further?

Also what gearbox does the civic have, TC or CVT? I just sold my City as I didnt like the CVT much. If the Civic's gearbox is like the City CVT, I would stay away from the car (inspite of all the love I have for the Civic). A Manual it will be then!
Old 7th May 2019, 09:36   #13139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunejarahul View Post
What should be the ideal asking price of a 2018 Oyster Grey Hyundai i10 Magna which has clocked 85k kms?....
.....The party's asking for 85,000 and we are yet to negotiate with him.
These just don't add up. I first thought it's a 2018 Grand i10, but to have run 85k kms in one year and selling for 85k...

It has to be an old, first-gen 2008 Hyundai i10, right?

Last edited by boniver : 7th May 2019 at 09:44. Reason: year added
Old 7th May 2019, 09:36   #13140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
I am getting a 2011 VAT 60000 kms run car in Good Condition (
I see lot of choice in used Civics in Delhi and Mumbai. Very little in Chennai. If one buys a car from Mumbai, would anyone be aware what is the road tax payable in Chennai ? is it based on the residual value or the original invoice price ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks