Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2019, 12:26   #13291
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

What should I be willing to offer a relatively decently maintained 2011 VW Passat Highline with 63k Kilometers on the clock and would render me the third owner?
Old 29th July 2019, 12:54   #13292
Senior - BHPian

Folks, what would be a good price to pay:
  1. Octavia TSI Elegance March 2015 done 30K Kms - White
  2. Octavia TSI Elegance June 2015 Shiny Blue 47K Kms
  3. Octavia TSI Style Plus Nov 2015 Silver - 27K Kms
I'm looking at getting an used Octy TSI.
Old 29th July 2019, 12:57   #13293
BHPian

Need help with a user car purchase.

Skoda Octavia Elegance - 2014 October model, 35K Kms done, Single owner, in Bangalore. Insurance and Warranty expires in October this year (another 2 months).

Quote is around 14 Lakhs.

1. What is a reasonable price to buy this vehicle (Bangalore) ?
2. What are things that should be checked (typical failures/replacements for a 5 year old Octavia)
Old 29th July 2019, 13:44   #13294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Need help with a user car purchase.

Skoda Octavia Elegance - 2014 October model, 35K Kms done, Single owner, in Bangalore. Insurance and Warranty expires in October this year (another 2 months).

Quote is around 14 Lakhs.

1. What is a reasonable price to buy this vehicle (Bangalore) ?
2. What are things that should be checked (typical failures/replacements for a 5 year old Octavia)

Is this a petrol (TSI ) or Diesel (TDI) ?
Old 30th July 2019, 00:19   #13295
BHPian

Hey there folks,

Looking for some advice on used cars.

I'm looking to replace my Polo 1.6 petrol, budget 4-5L right now, may increase to 6-7L by end of 2019 if I do not get good options right now.

I am considering 2 immediate options:
  1. A close friend is selling his 2013 Vento Diesel Highline (80K on odo): asking price 4L. It may have less valuation on the market but I am ok with this quoted price as I know the car has been driven with utmost care.
  2. A 2012 manufactured, 2014 registered 1.4 TSI Jetta Trendline, 38K odo, listed in TeamBHP classifieds, asking price: 4.7L, negotiable.

I am also fine to look for other cars over a period of next 1 year (no hurry as such). No other D1 car other than Jetta excites me (no Skoda, period). BMW X1 circa 2011-2012 could be a decent upgrade, but not willing to spend 10L+ right now.

PS: My Polo 1.6 will be taken over by wifey, her 2014 Eon will be sold out
Polo 1.6 is a damn good car, don't want to sell it ever
nec2152 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2019, 10:15   #13296
BHPian

Guys, what should be the fair price for a Nov' 2016 Hyundai Eon Sportz model. Car has run just less than 20k kms.

Thanks.
Old 30th July 2019, 10:24   #13297

Hi there,
Is Rs 4,49,00 a fair price for a 2013 Honda City 1.5 Petrol V variant? The car has been run for 70,000 kms. Also is it ok to go for a used Honda and what would be the maintenance cost of the same?
Old 31st July 2019, 19:25   #13298
knp
BHPian

Friends, would like to get your thoughts on the following offer that I am trying to close it: 2015 Vento TDI Comforline 72k run, asking for 6.5L (final price). Vehicle is in good condition with alloy wheels and 2-din factory head unit.
Old 1st August 2019, 18:44   #13299
BHPian

Is there a way to check the accident history and service history of a Ford car?

My friend is getting a very good deal on the Aspire. We have checked with service centre. It seems like they don't have a centralised management of service data for vehicles like MS.

Thanks.
Old 1st August 2019, 19:05   #13300
Senior - BHPian

In that case not really.
You could ask the owner at what dealer he gets his car serviced and then cross check but I am assuming you would have done that already.
Also, look at insurance records. He could have claimed insurance if getting major work done at a dealer.
For any outside repairs of course it would have been a cash only repair. So no record.
Take someone knowledgeable who can look at the finer things and form an opinion.
bigron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2019, 20:15   #13301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Is there a way to check the accident history and service history of a Ford car?

My friend is getting a very good deal on the Aspire. We have checked with service centre. It seems like they don't have a centralised management of service data for vehicles like MS.

Thanks.
How did you check with the dealer? Did you call him or visited him with the car? Ford does maintain a centralized database (at least that's the case here in Bangalore). I'd suggest you to call for booking a service and checking with them telling them that you're the new owner and you need old service details. I did that when I bought my car, i bought through a known used car dealer and just called up a dealership(of course a different one from where it was previously serviced) to get the details. I just asked what other than regular maintainence has been done. Once i bought the car after a positive response, i checked the history myself when I visited the service centre for service. If a dealer doesn't respond, try another one, shouldn't be a problem.
If you just call them and ask upfront they'd give you any answer to avoid talking further. Just my 0.02$.
Mukund is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2019, 12:16   #13302
BHPian

How much should I pay maximum for a 2014 Etios Cross 1.5 Petrol first owner which had clocked 23000 km.?
Old 8th August 2019, 19:30   #13303
BHPian

Jetta or BMW X1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
Hey there folks,
Looking for some advice on used cars.

No other D1 car other than Jetta excites me (no Skoda, period). BMW X1 circa 2011-2012 could be a decent upgrade, but not willing to spend 10L+ right now.
My heart was set on either the Jetta or X1. While Jetta is a great package overall, but I keep finding some minor issues with it which are not solvable -
  • Low stance similar to Polo/Vento, making ingress & egress difficult. I would definitely benefit myself if this improves in my next car.
  • If I go with 1.4TSI, my running costs are going to increase by 30-40%.
  • If I pick up a 2.0TDI MT, the heavy diesel clutch is going to be a pain in the traffic. I was kinda hoping to move to AT when changing cars.
  • 2.0 TDI AT would mean living in constant fear of DSG conking off. Worse still, far away from city and out of warranty.

I am thinking of just moving to BMW X1 which won't have these issues and would also feel like proper upgrade on almost all fronts. X1 does bring some of its own concerns to the table. I have few queries to fellow experts on BMW X1:
  1. How much would be fair price for 2012 X1 sDrive20d with 50K kms on the odo, in Mumbai/Pune? I plan to offer 8.5 or max 9.
  2. How much should I expect regluar services to cost? I'm ok if that turns out to be 20-25K, I am fine with that. My Polo runs me down about 8-9K, more if additional parts are being changed.
  3. What parts should I expect to be changed in the next 5 years other than consumables brake discs, pads? Are there major scares with X1 like 50K-1Lac service cost each time after the car is 6-7 years old?
  4. Any other painpoints other than no spare wheel? For long drives, I would just buy a space saver or regular size wheel and keep in the boot, will also keep an air pump and tubeless patch kit. Yep boot space gets compromised, but I think I can live with it. Will just keep the wheel at home and take it with me for long drives only.

If X1 isn't too scary to own & maintain, I would like to take the plunge and become a proud bimmer owner. Would be a dream come true.
Else, Jetta 2.0 TDI MT most likely would be my pick for now. Would live with the heavy clutch rather than fear of DSG or spending double on fuel costs. Hoping the 2.0 TDI MT is not hugely more expensive to maintain than 1.4TSI MT.

Thank you guys a ton!
nec2152 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 08:21   #13304
Senior - BHPian

Re: Jetta or BMW X1 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nec2152 View Post
How much would be fair price for 2012 X1 sDrive20d with 50K kms on the odo, in Mumbai/Pune? I plan to offer 8.5 or max 9.
How much should I expect regluar services to cost? I'm ok if that turns out to be 20-25K, I am fine with that. My Polo runs me down about 8-9K, more if additional parts are being changed.
If you buy any sort of a German - especially the big 3 - buy something that is 3 years old max. For a 7 year old car, you're probably going to end up spending almost as much in overhauling it as you paid for it so another 7-9 lakhs. And then scheduled services are going to be expensive as the age / mileage increases.

The 2.0 Diesel Jetta doesn't have that bad a clutch, try getting the gear / clutch oil drained and changed, along with engine oil, gear oil, coolant etc. For a car that age you'll need this.
hserus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2019, 13:41   #13305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Folks, what would be a good price to pay:
  1. Octavia TSI Elegance March 2015 done 30K Kms - White
  2. Octavia TSI Elegance June 2015 Shiny Blue 47K Kms
  3. Octavia TSI Style Plus Nov 2015 Silver - 27K Kms
I'm looking at getting an used Octy TSI.
Hello MC,
I'd go for the Nov 2015 car. I guess a fair price would be around 11.5-11.75L in Mumbai.
Regards,
Powertrain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Guys, what should be the fair price for a Nov' 2016 Hyundai Eon Sportz model. Car has run just less than 20k kms.

Thanks.
Hello SC,
Around 3L is a fair price to pay. Remember its a discontinued model. So haggle hard.
Regards,
Powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitlp View Post
Hi there,
Is Rs 4,49,00 a fair price for a 2013 Honda City 1.5 Petrol V variant? The car has been run for 70,000 kms. Also is it ok to go for a used Honda and what would be the maintenance cost of the same?
Hello R,
I'm not aware of Dehradun prices, but a ballpark figure of 3.8-4L seems fair. Check for service history & airbag recall from Honda.
Regards,
Powertrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
Friends, would like to get your thoughts on the following offer that I am trying to close it: 2015 Vento TDI Comforline 72k run, asking for 6.5L (final price). Vehicle is in good condition with alloy wheels and 2-din factory head unit.

Hello KNP,
6.5L seems a little on higher side,especially since its Comfortline. 6L seems a good price.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFang View Post
How much should I pay maximum for a 2014 Etios Cross 1.5 Petrol first owner which had clocked 23000 km.?
Hello WF,
3.5L seems a fair price. The car is not popular new,even less as a used car. Don't pay a premium for the "Cross" tag.
Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks