Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2019, 14:18   #13501
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Hi All, I'm trying to sell our 2008 ANHC SMT (with RC valid until Dec 2023) registered and single hand driven in Chandigarh. We are the first owners and have maintained the car well - all maintenance and repairs at the dealership. Done 105,000 Km so far.

What should be a fair price to sell it to an individual? OBV quotes 2.60L, but when I check online, there are quite a few similar cars for sale listed at 3.5L-4L.

Please suggest if I am missing something?

Thanks!
Old 18th November 2019, 16:04   #13502
BHPian

Hi Hserus & Others,

I am looking at buying a Honda Civic V AT. 2010 Face lifted model. Seller is an individual claiming car is a genuine pre-worshipped baby. Asking 3.00L. Run 36k Kms. MH01 registered. Single Owner.
I have been through a couple of Civic threads and was surprised to read about issues with "Engine Mounts" and Steering Motor" leakage issues. Did not expect to hear this with a Honda.

My questions are :
1. Is it worth it at this price?
2. Was the useless rear suspension issue fixed in the facelifted model?
3. Was the engine mount issue fixed in the facelifted model?
4. Was the steering motor leakage issue fixed in the facelifted model?
5. Does the car still bottom out on speed breakers?

Car is still running on original tyres (Now 10 years old). These will need immediate replacement as will the battery which is 4 to 5 years old.

What would be a fair price to offer for this car? I was going to offer 2.50L.

Is there anything else which is likely to rear it's ugly head and bite me later?

Your valuabe inputs would be much appreciated.

Regards,
SS

P.S. Hserus : Thanks for your advice on the Innova. Actually, Goa cops have woken up now. Not so "susegad" any more. Especially for out of state cars!!
Old 18th November 2019, 16:34   #13503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
2017 XTA with 43k odo is available for 12.5 lakh in Pune.
Thanks pseudo for information. 43k is a huge running in just 2 years. Whether it is available with individual seller or dealer. All dealer quotes are higher by 1.5 to 2 lacks than OBV. Have you personally seen the car? I am interested if everything goes well.
Old 18th November 2019, 16:54   #13504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepsc View Post
Also there is a misleading Ad on carwale for the same car with different asking prices from different dealers.
This is very common. These dealers work on commission and don't typically have the car with them. Make sure you call in advance and ask to see the car and all papers with them. Make it very clear that you will come there only if they have the papers. In my experience they mislead you saying they have everything needed and then when you show up some or the other document is always missing.
Iyencar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 17:11   #13505
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pseudo for information. 43k is a huge running in just 2 years. Whether it is available with individual seller or dealer. All dealer quotes are higher by 1.5 to 2 lacks than OBV. Have you personally seen the car? I am interested if everything goes well.
The dealer had put ad for 13.75. I went there, saw the car. It is a 6 seater. I wanted a 7 seater, so he said he will convert it. He will also provide 1 year zero dep insurance. Final price after all this is 12.5. Not bad IMO. He me reduce a bit more.

What turned me off was the color. It's silver colour, and looked very dull. Don't know if that's how the color is, or it's because of poor maintenance.

The car is owned by a Tata showroom owner. So I suspect that it has been used for test rides.

There is one dark blue 2017 XTA available for 14.5 Lakh final. Odo is 22k. It is from an individual and in good condition.

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 18th November 2019 at 17:13.
pseudo_coder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2019, 20:20   #13506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
1. Can you please suggest what could be a good price to buy this vehicle? (Single owner, no accidents , good condition )
May be tough to negotiate, but knock at least 45-50% of the then OTR price. Which means anywhere around 7L, should be a fair price. Anymore is just a premium in case the vehicle is really well maintained from all aspects.

Also, since the car has exceptional ride quality many tend to ride it without care on bad roads which may lead to premature suspension wear.
Old 19th November 2019, 06:20   #13507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranav_mankad View Post
Thanks Hserus!
Any idea about following question?
I am contemplating on buying a used Duster RXZ 110 AMT. 2016 model with about 50000 KM on odo. This is in Bangalore.
1. Can you please suggest what could be a good price to buy this vehicle? (Single owner, no accidents , good condition )
Start at around 30% below whatever quote is offered and work your way up from there to an acceptable price. No way to tell without knowing the clutch, transmission, tyres etc condition. For a rough guideline check the carwale / orangebookvalue etc online calculators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugam View Post
What should be a fair price to sell it to an individual? OBV quotes 2.60L, but when I check online, there are quite a few similar cars for sale listed at 3.5L-4L.
Please suggest if I am missing something?
Thanks!
You are missing that people will quote a higher rate and then expect that it will reduce due to bargaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
I have been through a couple of Civic threads and was surprised to read about issues with "Engine Mounts" and Steering Motor" leakage issues. Did not expect to hear this with a Honda.

P.S. Hserus : Thanks for your advice on the Innova. Actually, Goa cops have woken up now. Not so "susegad" any more. Especially for out of state cars!!
The civic is a lovely car but low ground clearance means that engine mounts, suspension etc are a perpetual issue. And the steering rack issue is well known too. Nothing that isn't fixable and you'll get parts without issues, just be prepared to pay maybe more than you'd pay to fix a 10 year old Innova.

Quote:
The dealer had put ad for 13.75. I went there, saw the car. It is a 6 seater. I wanted a 7 seater, so he said he will convert it. He will also provide 1 year zero dep insurance. Final price after all this is 12.5. Not bad IMO. He me reduce a bit more.
If you convert anything like seats it needs to be endorsed in the RC. Any RC endorsement at all will drive down the resale value of your car, and besides the conversion won't have the factory fit and finish. Look for something else if you need to seat 7 people all the time. Yes this will definitely have been used as a demo car, and/or a spare ride for employees. Heavily abused, odometer reset before being sold. Keep away from such vehicles unless you are particularly confident you have a good car.
Old 19th November 2019, 06:44   #13508
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post

You are missing that people will quote a higher rate and then expect that it will reduce due to bargaining.

r.

Not always. There are a number of people who will quote right. And will not compromise.
If a car os driven and maintained well with every shred of its history an open book, any seller will demand and get a reasonable premium.

While cars24 and carwale online calculators give an approximate valuation, these are always subject to how good or bad the car actually is.

The main lever really is how desperate is the seller to sell? Is it that he/ she absolutely HAS to sell in order to buy the new car? Or not? This is a very important factor too.

And there are some people who will NOT sell the car to any old Joe. They are very clear that the car will only be given to a fellow enthusiast.
Old 19th November 2019, 08:12   #13509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Not always. There are a number of people who will quote right. And will not compromise.
If a car os driven and maintained well with every shred of its history an open book, any seller will demand and get a reasonable premium.
Such exceptions to the rule very rarely turn up on OLX and often get sold within friends or colleagues circles, or turn up on niche sites like tbhp classifieds.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 11:32   #13510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking at buying a Honda Civic V AT. 2010 Face lifted model. Seller is an individual claiming car is a genuine pre-worshipped baby. Asking 3.00L. Run 36k Kms.

My questions are :
1. Is it worth it at this price?
2. Was the useless rear suspension issue fixed in the facelifted model?
3. Was the engine mount issue fixed in the facelifted model?
4. Was the steering motor leakage issue fixed in the facelifted model?
5. Does the car still bottom out on speed breakers?
Facelift model indeed have better rear suspension. Comparatively better than the previous model. But it still scrapes due to its long wheelbase. You have to baby the car over bad roads and humps. I manage to drive without scraping for most part of it, but if I encounter some horrendous bad bumps, it does hit :(

Engine mount will give up eventually. I had to finally replace it at 55K. Take a look at the condition now, and that will give you an idea. When I bought mine, a 5 rupee coin could fit in the gap quite comfortably with space to spare.

I have not faced the Power steering issue, so looks to be good.

About the price, looks fair to me given the odo of 35K is genuine.
sarathlal is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 12:43   #13511
BHPian

Quote:
The dealer had put ad for 13.75. I went there, saw the car.
=====
There is one dark blue 2017 XTA available for 14.5 Lakh final. Odo is 22k. It is from an individual and in good condition.
Are you referring this vehicle MH14FX0000 (Didn't remember exact number) registered in the name of dealership at Pimpri. If it is the same then it was available with Thane used car dealer. It is indeed Test drive vehicle registered in late 2016 i guess.

The one you mentioned dark blue 2017 XTA, is owner selling himself or through dealer. Whether it is available in Mumbai or Pune. Any further chances of negotiation? I can stretch the budget upto 13.5 to 14 lacks if the car is really well maintained.
Old 19th November 2019, 13:20   #13512
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hserus & Others,

I am looking at buying a Honda Civic V AT. 2010 Face lifted model. Seller is an individual claiming car is a genuine pre-worshipped baby. Asking 3.00L. Run 36k Kms. MH01 registered. Single Owner.
Hi,

May be this can help as my friend has bought a 2011 V AT model with just 14000 kms on the Odo for 3,25L in Delhi.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th November 2019 at 14:22.
uneet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 13:34   #13513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Hserus & Others,

A Civic is a beautiful car with horrible ground clearance.

All the issues with Civic are minor and dont cost as much as say a DSG or VW injector issues.

However, you just cant enjoy the car especially with more than 2 people. The GC will be an issue in any indian city and you have to drop down to 1st gear for a safe exit. (Yes the civic has horrible lower end torque and cant pull from a breaker in 2nd gear.)

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 19th November 2019 at 14:22.
2000rpm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:09   #13514
BHPian

Quote:
Are you referring this vehicle MH14FX0000 (Didn't remember exact number) registered in the name of dealership at Pimpri. If it is the same then it was available with Thane used car dealer. It is indeed Test drive vehicle registered in late 2016 i guess.

The one you mentioned dark blue 2017 XTA, is owner selling himself or through dealer. Whether it is available in Mumbai or Pune. Any further chances of negotiation? I can stretch the budget upto 13.5 to 14 lacks if the car is really well maintained.
It's MH14GH0454, registered in the name of Panchajanya Residency.

The blue one is from owner, and 14.5 is his final price. He said he has an offer of 14.3.
Old 19th November 2019, 16:15   #13515
BHPian

Quote:
It's MH14GH0454, registered in the name of Panchajanya Residency.

The blue one is from owner, and 14.5 is his final price. He said he has an offer of 14.3.
The car i mentioned was also from Pimpri-Chinchwad area and silver colored. I thought you were referring that vehicle.

Does the owner accepted the 14.3 offer? It will be difficult for me to further stretch my budget limit. Nevertheless i have 2 to 3 months of time for my next car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks