Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2019, 14:50   #13576
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any pointers please?

PS - Odo reading now is 72,000 KMs
I see many Olx listings above 3L for Honda City of the same vintage in Dilli. I am guessing anywhere between 2.8-3.2L is a very good price.
Old 23rd December 2019, 15:07   #13577
BHPian

Quote:
Any pointers please?

PS - Odo reading now is 72,000 KMs
I'd say around 2.5

I'm in the market for a similar vintage car.

People quote ridiculous prices for the Honda City on the classifieds listings. You'd find 2010 models anywhere between 2.5-3.5L. People absolutely have no idea and the cycle perpetuates as people who are looking to list refer to the already listed ads as a reference for the price to quote.

Somebody I know sold the same coloured car for 2.5L about 4 months ago, but that was registered in July, 2010. So for an October 2010 and considering 4 months have passed by, I'd say 2.5L would be a decent price for the car.

PS: If you happen to not go for it or have any other listings that you are not interested, can you please pass the information to me too? Thanks.

Last edited by sibot : 23rd December 2019 at 15:09.
sibot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:10   #13578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
I'd say around 2.5

I'm in the market for a similar vintage car.

PS: If you happen to not go for it or have any other listings that you are not interested, can you please pass the information to me too? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
I see many Olx listings above 3L for Honda City of the same vintage in Dilli. I am guessing anywhere between 2.8-3.2L is a very good price.
So this is my own car. I have listed it on Team-BHP Classifieds as I am upgrading to SUV segment.

I am not sure, if I can post the link here. But let me share it -

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/City.html/

@Mods, you may please remove if it breaches any forum rules.

Last edited by bluevolt : 23rd December 2019 at 18:13.
bluevolt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:35   #13579
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

With all this BS6 Furore in Delhi / NCR, will the resale prices of used cars there, come down further?
If yes, this might indeed be a reasonably interesting time, to go and buy that Luxury car which one would love to own.
Any thoughts?
Old 23rd December 2019, 18:42   #13580
BHPian

Quote:
So this is my own car. I have listed it on Team-BHP Classifieds as I am upgrading to SUV segment.

I am not sure, if I can post the link here. But let me share it -

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...nda/City.html/

@Mods, you may please remove if it breaches any forum rules.
Ah okay. Good success with the sale! The car's exterior seems to be in great condition.
sibot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2019, 16:54   #13581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
What would be a good price for a 2016 March Silver Creta 1.6 diesel SX(o) in Chennai. The car has done around 38k Km. We are looking to sell ours. It is fully stock and in perfect mechanical condition.
Hey all, any info regarding this?

https://www.olx.in/item/hyundai-cret...iid-1552702334

This is the OLX listing for reference. Most dealers and brokers are offering between 7-8L, which I find to be a little low.
Old 24th December 2019, 19:01   #13582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassics45 View Post
Definitely start from 4 Lakhs. This car is a big failure and production has been stopped. So you can bargain hard.

If you are desperate then increase your quote when talking to the seller but dont go more than 4.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolkurt View Post
Rs 3.5 - 4.5 lakhs is the right band where you can play. If it's in a really good condition, 4.5 isn't a bad deal.
Thank you for your replies.

The owner is not ready to budge below 5 lakhs. Seems he is taking some online evaluators a little too seriously but I do understand his pain.
I already mentioned to him that I'm ready to offer between 4 to 4.5 lakhs(haven't seen the car yet). His fiesta will turn 5 years in feb, will need new insurance and if it's still not sold by then, hopefully I can get it for a good price if everything is fine mechanically.

Mostly eyeing 1.5d fords and to a lesser extent vw/skoda or a diesel i20. Not interested in marutis and the rest.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 24th December 2019 at 19:09.
Old 24th December 2019, 22:21   #13583
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a used automatic car in Bangalore. Currently I am limiting my options to cars with good ground clearance.

I am interested in Honda-BRV CVT.
Q1.
Can you guys help me with a fair valuation for below options(all single owners):
1. 2017, 13K Kms, Quoted 10.5 in ad
2. 2017, 27K Kms, Quoted 10.9 in ad
3. 2017, 36K Kms, Quoted 9.9 in ad

Q2.
Considering its almost the end of 2019, should I evaluate the car as 2 year old or 3 year old model? How much does the 'months to next year' value impact here? Say, is 2 year 4 months old car from Oct 2017 evaluated as 3 year old car in Jan 2020. Online evaluators mostly do not take the month field in to consideration.

Q3.
Online car valuations are all over the place. Some prices from them for 'good' condition and 13K Kms run, from seller cars:
Cars24 - 9.7 to 10.1
Indianbluebook - 8.2 to 8.6
Orangebookvalue - 9.3 to 9.6
Cartrade - 10.3 to 11.3
Carwale - 10.3 to 11.1
ZigWheels - 6.9

Cars24 - 8.9 to 9.9
Indianbluebook - 7.5 to 7.9
Orangebookvalue - 8 to 8.5
Cartrade - 11.1 to 11.9. Yes 2016 model is costlier as per them.
Carwale - 11.1 to 11.9. Yes 2016 model is costlier as per them.
ZigWheels - 6.1

How should I refer the Valuations? How should I arrive at a fair value Or how should I conclude on a fair value together with the seller?
I am ignoring carwale and cartrade for sure because of the discrepancies.
Yes, i am inclined to believe only ZigWheels

Q4.
Being a sales dud, an overpriced car when new and later discounted, how much depreciation is generally expected here considering car is in good condition.

Some points I made for BRV are added below.
Pros of BRV:
1. Engine + CVT gearbox
2. Honda reliability(?)
3. Rated 5 stars (hopefully Indian model will be 4 stars without ESC)
4. Respectable Fuel efficiency.

Cons of BRV:
1. Missing features compared to rivals even when launched. Electronic Stability Control, Reverse Camera are critical safety features skipped by Honda.
2. Overpriced at launch.
3. Sales disaster.
4. Interiors are certainly not what you will call well finished. No feel good 'features/attention to detail' at a price of 15 lakhs on road in 2016. Lots of cost cutting bits in a costly car.
5. Cabin width
srikanthmadhava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 09:23   #13584
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Hi All,
I am interested in Honda-BRV CVT.

Q1.
Can you guys help me with a fair valuation for below options(all single owners):
1. 2017, 13K Kms, Quoted 10.5 in ad
2. 2017, 27K Kms, Quoted 10.9 in ad
3. 2017, 36K Kms, Quoted 9.9 in ad
Such a comprehensive post .

Assuming the following-
  1. Cars depreciate by 20% for the first year and by 15% for the consecutive years.
  2. 2017 OTR price for BRV V-AT to be around 13.5L after discounts.
The price evaluated would be around 7.8L for 3 year vintage(i.e. from Jan 2020 onwards). However, the fair price is determined by demand and the actual condition of the car. Since BR-V is a market dud I would not recommend spending any more than 8L(best case) for any of the models that are quoted above. A higher price might negate the benefit of buying used as the same would not reflect while selling the car(esp. a market dud). Also, taking a used car loan might further negate this benefit.
At the quoted prices one can easily buy a new Brezza Vdi AGS or Nexon Diesel XMA.

Last edited by jetsetgo08 : 25th December 2019 at 09:27.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 12:47   #13585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
With all this BS6 Furore in Delhi / NCR, will the resale prices of used cars there, come down further?
If yes, this might indeed be a reasonably interesting time, to go and buy that Luxury car which one would love to own.
Any thoughts?
Why just delhi/ncr? BS6 is India wide.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2019, 12:53   #13586
BHPian

What should be a fair price for 2015/2016 BMW X5 DPE done 50k at max?
Old 25th December 2019, 22:45   #13587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Since BR-V is a market dud I would not recommend spending any more than 8L(best case) for any of the models that are quoted above. A higher price might negate the benefit of buying used as the same would not reflect while selling the car(esp. a market dud). Also, taking a used car loan might further negate this benefit.
I visited a dealer today for the 36K Kms run car which was quoted 9.85 Lakh in the ad.

It was a company owned car registered in 2017 November and the dealer was adamant that only age of car matters for resale price and year of registration or manufacture does not matter. Dealer had the car parked in his showroom (filled with Range Rover, Superb, Corolla, many Audis and even a Porsche) and worked on a 2% commission. He said that the owner had quoted a final price of 9.5 Lakhs and that he already has many customers ready for above 9 Lakh prices. He mentioned that the on road was 16 Lakhs in Nov 2017(which I believe is wrong, it would be close to 15.2 before discounts from my calculations) and that depreciation is calculated on 16Lakh in spite of previous or current discounts. He confirmed that the car has been with him for 35 odd days and gave a hint that the owner is ready to wait for more. I think I should try Selling him a similar car to know the correctness of his arguments. We parted with a shake hand.

Looking at the service history, strangely I see that the 5k Km service (2nd free one) was done at 9K odd Kms and the 10K Kms service (3rd free one) was done again within a month. I think it should be considered as this car has missed timely 2nd service. What could be the impact of a similarly missed service on a car?
Old 25th December 2019, 23:02   #13588
BANNED

Guy's, do you think it makes sense to pick up a 2011 vintage Outlander with 85K clicks ?

Outlander experts, what damages can be incurred in times to come and how expensive are the parts such as shocks, struts, mounts, timing belt replacement, oil changes and other stuff

Thanks in advance.
Old 25th December 2019, 23:02   #13589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
Looking at the service history, strangely I see that the 5k Km service (2nd free one) was done at 9K odd Kms and the 10K Kms service (3rd free one) was done again within a month. I think it should be considered as this car has missed timely 2nd service. What could be the impact of a similarly missed service on a car?
Can't think of any apart from voided warranty, as the 5k service does not comprise of oil change. The engine should be reliable as such, although I don't know much on the CVT front.
Old 26th December 2019, 01:53   #13590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquedo View Post
Guy's, do you think it makes sense to pick up a 2011 vintage Outlander with 85K clicks ?

Outlander experts, what damages can be incurred in times to come and how expensive are the parts such as shocks, struts, mounts, timing belt replacement, oil changes and other stuff

Thanks in advance.
Please stay away. With no support and astronomical spare prices plus lack of good FNG who can help you it is going to be a nightmare.

As a former owner of a Mitsubishi Pajero I can safely say that these were excellent vehicles let down by the company.

If on the other hand you are mechanically inclined and can source spares and get under the car when needed then it may make sense. However even then it will be quite expensive to maintain. The 5 to 6 kml in city mileage is not going to help either.

For the Pajero SFX the shocks cost around 8k per shock, timing chain costs around 25k, clutch around 45k, brake pads around 5k, tyres around 50k for all 5.

The Outlander costs may be a tad less but not too much. Plus the difficulty in getting spares.
Traveler is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks