Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2020, 05:54   #13756
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parambir View Post
How much should I expect for a 2011, E250 CDI, white, original paint, 75Km done Chandigarh registered Mercedes? I am the 3rd owner but the previous owner earlier had it on his company's name and the on his name so practically the owner was the same...
That still leaves you with a third owner car, so very little value left in it. Keep the car till it is scrapped.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2020, 12:43   #13757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
That still leaves you with a third owner car, so very little value left in it. Keep the car till it is scrapped.

Looking at the Chandigarh Market a Dealer will offer 7 Lacs Max for Mint car and a direct Customer will give 8-8.25Lacs.

Third owner cars will find very little interest.
Old 24th May 2020, 18:38   #13758

How much should I pay for a 2017 manufactured / 2018 (Pune) registered BMW 320d GT Luxury Line, 31000 km done, Single owner, BSI + Extended Warranty valid till Jan 2021?

Last edited by Aditya : 25th May 2020 at 06:54. Reason: typos and spelling
Capt. Haddock is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 24th May 2020, 19:44   #13759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Haddock View Post
How much should I pay for a 2017 mnaufactured / 2018 (Pune) registered BMW 320d GT Luxury Line, 31000km done, Single owner, BSI+Exttended Warrantee valid till Jan 2021?
Not more than 50% of the on road price of the car if all is well. If the car makes you go on your knees then may be you can pay a bit more but otherwise in this market, this will be a fair deal.
sunilch is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th May 2020, 20:59   #13760
BHPian

How much would a KA01(Bangalore Central) registered 08/2018 mfgd Tata Nexon XZA Plus AMT (Petrol), driven 32000kms, MoroconBlue colour, Single owner car fetch?
Old 26th May 2020, 01:18   #13761
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Toyota Corolla Altis VL Automatic Petrol, March 2017, 21K Kms in Bangalore?
This is a showroom test drive car in Black colour, now with Toyota U Trust.
Had a very short drive (before the Covid lock down) with the car and it felt good. The AC was chilling. The warranty would have expired by March. They had invited me to visit the showroom and test drive the vehicle after I quoted 12 lakhs, but later the executive told that the final price would be 16 lakhs.

I had seen a Silver Altis VL Auto 2017 with 24K Kms too with another private dealer for 16 lakhs and it is still available even after almost a year of me checking it out.

Another Black VL Auto 2018 model with 2K Kms (yes, just 2K) is also available in Olx and the dealer quoted 15 lakhs as the final price. Even this one has been around for at least 9 months with various dealers quoting from 20 lakhs to 15 lakhs.

Would it not be mechanically damaging for the car to lie around idle for this long at a dealer? Not sure how the seller is able to wait for so long. Used Altis for 16 lakhs seem to have no takers, but the sellers just do not budge.

What would be a fair price here?
Old 26th May 2020, 08:47   #13762

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post
the sellers just do not budge.

What would be a fair price here?
I am in the market for a car (new or used). Checking used cars in Hyderabad market is nothing short of frustrating. Cars that are showing up for months; in 'For Sale' status; with overly optimistic expectations. A few are as costly as brand new ones (with discounts applied). Yet, the sellers are on their eternal lookout for that one sucker. Seems like an expensive and self defeating game to play OR may be they have a logic that is beyond me. I am going for latter.

Way too many representations for the same unit, poor maintenance / staging, exorbitant pricing, odo tampering, accident history masking and cars sitting in the lots for months/year(s) - Just wayyy too many hassles!
OldWays is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 09:08   #13763
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure how the seller is able to wait for so long. Used Altis for 16 lakhs seem to have no takers, but the sellers just do not budge.
I would say 12L is still a very generous quote. Anything more than that and you will lose the advantage of buying used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWays View Post
I am in the market for a car (new or used). Checking used cars in Hyderabad market is nothing short of frustrating. Yet, the sellers are on their eternal lookout for that one sucker. Seems like an expensive and self defeating game to play OR may be they have a logic that is beyond me. I am going for latter.
One will have to be very patient to find the sweet deal. As per my knowledge of the used car market in Hyderabad & Bangalore, the quoted prices are exorbitant and in some cases it exceeds the OTR price of a new car with discounts applied.

You may checkout Olx(individual sellers),myspinny and cars24, as I found the cars to be slightly realistically priced. Also, if a particular model has a high resale, its better to buy new than used, unless its a very sweet deal.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2020, 09:43   #13764
BHPian

Quote:
What would be a fair price for a Toyota Corolla Altis VL Automatic Petrol, March 2017, 21K Kms in Bangalore?
This is a showroom test drive car in Black colour, now with Toyota U Trust.
I've a strong feeling that i've checked out same car when I spoke with dealer in 2019 December. But the guy i spoke with, was starting to sound little impatient when i quoted 13.5.
Though i'm not interested in automatic, i've shown interest in this car because of paddle shifters.

Lots of things changed from December to today.
1) Year change
2) Economy slow down
3) Toyota stopped selling altis in india, even removed from website.

So, i agree with @jetsetgo08 , fair price would be slightly less than 12.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 08:30   #13765
BHPian

Hello folks. Hope you all are safe.

This question is for a Brezza zdi+ AMT model listed by a nearby dealer.
2018, 27000 kms done. Insurance and extended warranty has to be taken. Dealer is offering 9.6. my offer was 9 with extended warranty from Maruti, i will bear the cost of insurance.

What do you think should be the right price? The dealer is Mahindra first choice but the car is listed by 2-3 dealers and I'm interacting with Mahindra first choice.
Old 2nd June 2020, 09:07   #13766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post

2018, 27000 kms done. Insurance and extended warranty has to be taken. Dealer is offering 9.6. my offer was 9 with extended warranty from Maruti, i will bear the cost of insurance.

What do you think should be the right price? The dealer is Mahindra first choice but the car is listed by 2-3 dealers and I'm interacting with Mahindra first choice.

It could be a test drive car . Please check that . I would recommend to stay away from test drive cars especially, Brezza is not abuse friendly .
anumod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 09:29   #13767
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, I have my June 2018 Creta petrol E+ (facelifted) run 23K km on sale for 8.4L. Is this an unreasonable ask? :-). What can I really expect? Vehicle is in impeccable condition.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ai/Creta.html/
Old 2nd June 2020, 09:38   #13768
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselritzer View Post

Check the cars true mileage. I doubt it's true. MFC is just frosting on the same rotten cake. They're the same dealers who operate independently, and do the same things that every other one does. Ask for service records beforehand, without any deposit.
mayankk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:07   #13769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, I have my June 2018 Creta petrol E+ (facelifted) run 23K km on sale for 8.4L. Is this an unreasonable ask? :-). What can I really expect? Vehicle is in impeccable condition.

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ai/Creta.html/

Last year Nov, Dec time i was looking for a used car. With that experience as a buyer, i think its pretty reasonable ask. If i'm in market for used car, I might bargain for 8 lacs but will definitely settle for 8.4 if seller says NO to 8.

But with economy slowdown and uncertainty in jobs, you might've to be little bit patient to get the deal closed.
ramki.grandhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 10:40   #13770
BHPian

Hello everyone,

I and based in New Delhi and have a 2004 model Honda City GXi with ~83000 kms. The car has a Delhi number plate and because of the 15 year court ruling it has now been deregistered. It is in a v good stock condition with just an year old new Michelin XM tyres (done about 12000 kms).

What can I possibly do with this car now? Will Cars24 or any second hand dealer buy this car? If yes, what price should I expect to get for this?

Thank you very much.

Most Viewed