Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2020, 16:44   #13831
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66 View Post
I am getting a 2014 Toyota Corolla (New Look) Petrol G Manual variant.
Correct price should be around 7 lakhs, probably 50k more if in extraordinary condition.

From the other options you've mentioned, 2017 GL and 2018 G (in that order) can be good options if you can knock off another 60-70k from asking price.

Avoid the 2016 G. No point paying hefty premium for less driven Toyotas. Just stick to a newer model year (post 2017 facelift if possible) which will be easier to live with and sell off at a later date.

Quote:
Additionally, should i consider cars from Cars24?
No one can be trusted blindly, not even the dealer who's previously delivered 4 trouble-free cars to your family. Take your time and thoroughly inspect each and every car you consider.
self_driven is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th July 2020, 13:08   #13832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Hi, Can you please let me know, what would be the fair price for 2018 model Honda CRV Diesel AWD with 17000 km done.
This would be in Kerala.
Hi, a gentle reminder on this query.
Due to lockdown, was not able to check this out in person, but unsure if the quoted price is too high. Since am not able to find much of this gen CRV's around would appreciate your thoughts on where the price line could be.
Old 16th July 2020, 15:24   #13833

Hello, I currently drive a 3GT which was bought new in 2015. Still love driving it and am not going to be giving it away any time soon.

But since I'm based out of delhi, there is a need of an additional car.

I'm now thinking of venturing into a pre-worshiped german.

The one I'm looking at is a 2017 September registered C220d Avantgrade with 9G Tronic gearbox done about 10000kms.
Warranty valid till september 2020.
The condition is very good, and nothing more than very tiny scratches on the body. Which I'm guessing will go away with a good quality ceramic coating.
The car is registered and located in Pune.

What would be a good price? Price quoted was 31 Lakhs..

Thank you.
Old 16th July 2020, 18:46   #13834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarathlal View Post
Hi, a gentle reminder on this query.
Due to lockdown, was not able to check this out in person, but unsure if the quoted price is too high. Since am not able to find much of this gen CRV's around would appreciate your thoughts on where the price line could be.
Since it’s very difficult to get resale value data on cars that have sold less, best is to compare with nearest competition for which data is available. That would be a Fortuner or Hyundai Tucson ? Take current price of CRV after all discounts (if available or the most recent price sold at ) and apply a slightly higher depreciation value than nearest competitor which might be selling well in the market. For e.g, if a 2018 Fortuner depreciates by 20%, assume that the CRV would by 25-30% atleast. This method gives you some indication. Of course, allow for exact condition, upkeep, Low ODO etc.
narayan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2020, 11:06   #13835
BHPian

I am planning on changing my Fiat Linea to a smaller hatchback. I almost finalized on a new Tata Tiago XZ but then one Honda Brio caught my eye on FB Marketplace. A 2016 VX model thats run just 16k kms. Asking price is ₹450,000.

1. Is the price OK ?
2. What is the process of verifying service history from Honda A.S.S ?
Old 17th July 2020, 17:50   #13836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueSteer View Post
I am planning on changing my Fiat Linea to a smaller hatchback. I almost finalized on a new Tata Tiago XZ but then one Honda Brio caught my eye on FB Marketplace. A 2016 VX model thats run just 16k kms. Asking price is ₹450,000.

1. Is the price OK ?
2. What is the process of verifying service history from Honda A.S.S ?
1. The price seems to be on higher side.
2. Call Honda service centre and see if they can share it online considering pandemic situation. They might ask you to pay some nominal amount. I recently visited them to buy Honda City. However, in my case, apart from checking the service history, I wanted them to do thorough inspection. I paid around Rs 900. If you decide to buy Honda car, I would strongly recommend to do both for peace of mind.

Hope this helps.
Old 19th July 2020, 10:08   #13837
BHPian

I'm getting a used 320c Jan 2017 BMW Black colored car, with warranty and service package till Jan 2022. Asking price is INR 23,50,000

Does this price make sense if the vehicle is in good condition?

Also, buying a 3.5 year old 3 series, is it reliable enough to be kept for another 6.5 years ?
Old 19th July 2020, 17:28   #13838

Asking for a friend (seller). Passat 2012 Diesel Comfortline with about 45k on the odo. First owner. Could someone guide what would be a fair ask?

Dealer is willing to sell a BS4 Superb (about 7 Lakh off the sticker) and is willing to offer 5 Lakh on the Passat (does this seems fair) ?
Old 20th July 2020, 13:30   #13839
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys, I've found a 2019 September model Ford Figo, single owner, 11000 km run car. Variant is 1.5 D Titanium, car is in Kerala. Asking price is 7.1 Lakhs, online sources are quoting prices with a wide spread. What in your opinion would be a fair price for the said car? Based on feedback here, I plan to go check out the car / negotiate today. Thanks in advance.

Spike
Old 20th July 2020, 14:39   #13840
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, KA-registered Honda Civic VX 1.8 CVT petrol (August 2019) run only 8k Km. On-road would have been ~23L. In immaculate condition and is a silver colour.

How much can the seller expect?
Old 20th July 2020, 15:07   #13841
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, KA-registered Honda Civic VX 1.8 CVT petrol (August 2019) run only 8k Km. On-road would have been ~23L. In immaculate condition and is a silver colour.

Around 18L if individual seller and lesser if selling to dealer. From what I am hearing cars above 10L is not much in demand in current Covid time.
PrideRed is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 15:08   #13842
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I saw one such car for sale for around 18.5 in a used car showroom recently. If he is planning to upgrade the car, his best bet would be to trade in the car and arm twist the dealership (of the new car) into giving him a higher price.

Keep away from cars24 and such instant sale agents who will severely undervalue the car and convince him that there is no better chance outside
KarthikK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 15:42   #13843
BHPian

Quote:

Lot of 1 year old cars for sale these days, I myself sold a 7 month old car recently, albeit of much lesser value. If selling to an individual expect 20% less than the on road price, and dealers usually offer 30% less.
Yakuza is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th July 2020, 19:12   #13844
BHPian

While looking for a petrol car to replace one of the older cars in our family, I came across a 2016 manufactured 2017 registered Ecosport petrol 1.5 Ti VCT Titanium (MT) car. Odometer stands at 13,000 km and is a first owner car. The seller is asking for 7.5 lakhs. I have checked out the car in detail and drove it as well. Everything is genuine and the service records support the same. Please advise me on:

1) Is the quoted price reasonable? If not, how much is a realistic number.
2) Performance of the engine for a relaxed driving style
3) Fuel efficiency
4) Any issues in long term ownership specific to the engine
5) Future parts availability as the engine is discontinued and petrol Ecosport's of this generation are rarer

Cheers
Old 21st July 2020, 19:55   #13845
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Jetta : Test Drive & Review

I am looking for a used Jetta in Hyderabad and found a dealer selling one 2015 model for 11.20 lakhs. Is this a fair price? This is a blue color and Highline Automatic TDI model.

I was thinking of somewhere between 9.0-9.5 lakhs for a neatly maintained used Jetta. Please advise if I will face spares issue, as this model is discontinued. How reliable will a 5 years old Jetta will be? I do not want to continue if it will put a big hole in my pocket. Not a fan of frequent trips to workshop, looking for reliability and safety.

Any inputs are welcome.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks