Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2020, 19:36   #13906
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzy2K View Post

The odometer reading for the car was 56,000 km. But the dealer told me that the odometer has been reverted, and the car has been driven north of 85,000 km.
Stay away from this car. How can you be sure that the car was not driven for say 1.85 lakh kms?

Find a car with a genuine service history preferably through a direct seller.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 00:07   #13907

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Stay away from this car. How can you be sure that the car was not driven for say 1.85 lakh kms?

Find a car with a genuine service history preferably through a direct seller.
This crossed my mind as well but the dealer said the service records available at Honda have the odo readings, and the last service done in 2019 has the odo reading at 86,xxx km.

Either way, I'm thinking staying away from this car is wiser.

I came across a second Honda Accord today, will go to check it tomorrow. It was a 2013 model but an AT, with the odo reading at 26,xxx km.

It isn't with a dealer but a direct seller who wants to upgrade, and he's quoting 8L. What is the optimum amount you guys think I should offer?
Old 22nd August 2020, 03:45   #13908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzy2K View Post
This crossed my mind as well but the dealer said the service records available at Honda have the odo readings, and the last service done in 2019 has the odo reading at 86,xxx km.

Either way, I'm thinking staying away from this car is wiser.

I came across a second Honda Accord today, will go to check it tomorrow. It was a 2013 model but an AT, with the odo reading at 26,xxx km.

It isn't with a dealer but a direct seller who wants to upgrade, and he's quoting 8L. What is the optimum amount you guys think I should offer?
Honda accords in general don't have much resale value. Please don't pay anything more than 5 lakh rupees for that car eventhough it is a very low mileage car which clocked 26k kms. If you want a reliable car, Toyotas and Hondas are way to go. But spending more than 5 lakhs on a 7 year old car is not really worth it. You can buy a Toyota Camry or a Corolla Altis with that money which are much more reliable and pocket friendly (spares, service) than Honda.
Old 22nd August 2020, 13:34   #13909
BHPian

My company offers CLV (Company Leased Vehicle) policy even for used cars which are not more than 2 years old. CLV policy is quite beneficial since it offers substantial savings in terms of tax benefits and F&M reimbursement.

I am on the lookout for an upgrade of my Palio Stile Sports within a budget of 15L.

Requirements:

1. Preferably a crossover/SUV.
2. Diesel/Petrol
3. Reliability and ease of maintenance is a must (No Skoda's!) as I intend to keep the car for 8-9 years.
4. Since it will be the only car at home, it should ideally be an all-rounder. Usage will be 75% within city.
5. No specific preference for automatics.

Suggestions please.
Old 22nd August 2020, 14:16   #13910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post
I am on the lookout for an upgrade of my Palio Stile Sports within a budget of 15L.

4. Since it will be the only car at home, it should ideally be an all-rounder. Usage will be 75% within city.
Why a crossover SUV (aka hatchback with roof rails and decals) for 75% city use? Get a straight baby SUV like the new Duster automatic.

Or get as good a sedan as you can for the same price. Unless you go offroading this should be just fine.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 15:07   #13911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Why a crossover SUV (aka hatchback with roof rails and decals) for 75% city use? Get a straight baby SUV like the new Duster automatic.
I guess you missed the point where he says his location is Bangalore. I don't know about chennai roads, some of the roads in this city will give competition to the craters of moon and I am not exaggerating (you can look in YouTube where someone made a moonwalk video in Bangalore which was very realistic). Don't even get me started about the contraptions called speed breakers which should ideally be called 'bottom scrapers'

I brought a new sedan last year and there has not been a day when I haven't scraped my car. This alone makes me wish I had brought a crossover instead for that extra ground clearance. But I agree with your suggestion about getting a duster. It's suspension quality and ground clearance will be very helpful in Bangalore roads and the turbo petrol should make the highway drives exciting. So I second your suggestion for this car. But please no sedans especially if the OP drives near Hoodi-KR Puram stretch.

Last edited by nagr22 : 22nd August 2020 at 15:09.
nagr22 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 15:15   #13912
Senior - BHPian

While I live in Chennai I have one office just off MG Road and one office in the wilds of Whitefield, and drive down to Bangalore at least once a month for meetings. I personally switched from a Fiesta to a Scorpio just for this reason. And yes Chennai roads are much better.

Still, I've seen plenty of sedans and hatches do the Whitefield moonscape back roads. And you will note I suggested a Duster automatic. Any glorified hatchback with sporty decals and roof rails is still a hatchback suspension and ground clearance wise so I doubt any of those would be useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagr22 View Post
I guess you missed the point where he says his location is Bangalore. I don't know about chennai roads, some of the roads in this city will give competition to the craters of moon and I am not exaggerating (you can look in YouTube where someone made a moonwalk video in Bangalore which was very realistic). Don't even get me started about the contraptions called speed breakers which should ideally be called 'bottom scrapers'

I brought a new sedan last year and there has not been a day when I haven't scraped my car. This alone makes me wish I had brought a crossover instead for that extra ground clearance. But I agree with your suggestion about getting a duster. It's suspension quality and ground clearance will be very helpful in Bangalore roads and the turbo petrol should make the highway drives exciting. So I second your suggestion for this car. But please no sedans especially if the OP drives near Hoodi-KR Puram stretch.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2020, 18:40   #13913
BHPian

Thank you @hserus and @nagr22 for your suggestions.

And you are absolutely correct on the plight of Bangalore roads which are generally bad and now has gotten even worse in this pandemic

Hence there crossovers make sense. If the new Duster had been offered with AWD, I would bought it in a heartbeat mainly due to independent suspension at the rear. But now, it seems like a compromise with only 2WD, really archaic interiors and overpriced RXZ turbo in my opinion.

Last edited by kkstile : 22nd August 2020 at 18:43.
Old 23rd August 2020, 01:00   #13914
BHPian

Hi All

I am looking at pre-worshipped Tata Hexa XTA in Mumbai.

Its a 2019 registered aprrox 26k done and insurance is valid till first quarter of 2021. Asking price is 15lakh.

I am yet to see car in person. Would like to know what would be the reasonable price I should be offering/anyone who has bought automatic Hexa recently in Mumbai please advise me on the price.

Thanks in advance.
Old 24th August 2020, 08:54   #13915
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankdeshmukh View Post
Hi All

I am looking at pre-worshipped Tata Hexa XTA in Mumbai.

Its a 2019 registered aprrox 26k done and insurance is valid till first quarter of 2021. Asking price is 15lakh.

I am yet to see car in person. Would like to know what would be the reasonable price I should be offering/anyone who has bought automatic Hexa recently in Mumbai please advise me on the price.

Thanks in advance.
15 lakhs seems to be a decent price for a 1 year old car with 26k kms on ODO. I was offered brand new XE manual for 15 lakhs which was a display vehicle in the showroom. But XTA comes with way more features, punch powerglide auto transmission, alloy wheels, etc

If you can negotiate, try to bring down the number to 14 lakhs as Tatas in general have very poor resale value. But if you are really looking for a good 7 seater, this is the vehicle to go for. It has the best ride quality in its segment and proven engine + transmission conbination. Too bad, Tata discontinued this beast. I really wish they revive it with a BS6 version.
Old 24th August 2020, 14:57   #13916

Hello Everyone!

I am on the lookout for a used automatic hatchback for our family, and think that the Honda Jazz CVT would be a good option.

I came across a Honda Jazz V CVT petrol which is a 2018 model and is registered in New Delhi. It has run 13,000 kms and has valid insurance till September 2020.

The dealer has quoted Rs 7,70,000 as the price. I've searched various online tools to find out the appropriate market price and have gathered that Rs 6,30,000 and Rs 8,30,000 is a valid price range for the car depending on its condition.

I plan to get the car checked and evaluated from a friendly neighborhood garage and also have a look at its servicing history, aiming to follow Team-Bhp's "How to buy a used car" advice to the T.

I'm quite skeptical about the large range (Rs 2 lakhs) suggested by the online tools and thus ask for advice.

In case the condition is good, with no fault with the mechanical components, with a few scratches here and there, what would be a smaller price range for this car?

Thank you!
Old 24th August 2020, 15:33   #13917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_one View Post
I came across a Honda Jazz V CVT petrol which is a 2018 model and is registered in New Delhi. It has run 13,000 kms and has valid insurance till September 2020.

The dealer has quoted Rs 7,70,000 as the price.

In case the condition is good, with no fault with the mechanical components, with a few scratches here and there, what would be a smaller price range for this car?

Thank you!
Thumb rule is go by the insurance IDV of the vehicle. That can be a good starting point to determine price. I feel 7.70 is on the higher side, especially since the honda insurance is costlier than external insurance (IIRC in case of Honda, only their internal insurance qualifies for cashless). 7 would be a good number. You should save at least 30% for a two year old car with 13k odometer.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 15:57   #13918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkstile View Post
Hence there crossovers make sense. If the new Duster had been offered with AWD, I would bought it in a heartbeat mainly due to independent suspension at the rear. But now, it seems like a compromise with only 2WD, really archaic interiors and overpriced RXZ turbo in my opinion.
But just where in Bangalore - even whitefield back roads - would you need to engage AWD? Do you plan to go off road somewhere?
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 17:16   #13919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_one View Post
You’re looking at spending around 7000 for the 20,000km Paid Service at Honda in addition to the insurance policy renewal. So knock the price off of both those items before you even start your negotiations. Like another member advised, 7 or below sounds like a good price to finalise on.

Assuming that the car is in good mechanical shape, you’ve really found a superb copy which has barely been broken in.

Good luck with the negotiations.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2020, 20:23   #13920
BHPian

Hello all, can any one suggest a good used car dealer in Gurugram? My son has a job offer so shifting to Gurugram. Otherwise not familiar with at area at all.
His budget is 5 to 5.5Lakhs. Driving will be 20-30 KM a day. Also will appreciate any suggestions for car brand and variant. He is tall and wants to go once in a while to Uttarakhand. we are thinking in terms of an Ecosport or similar
Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks