Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2020, 21:20   #13981
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Views?
FYI my F8D Alto fetched similar value in Delhi. It was 5 year old and driven just 10k kms at the time of sale.
Old 10th September 2020, 21:21   #13982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Other members have made it crystal clear. Unfortunately, this is a bad time to sell your car. Because of the condition of the market, don’t expect to receive any serious offers which match the present value of the car. It is basically a distress sale and, as such, the car is only worth what the highest bidder offers you.

My advice would be to try and exchange it for another Skoda AT vehicle & use your best tactics to get the closest price to your expectation & an enormous loyalty bonus to offset the massive loss which you are about to suffer. If I were you, I’d still hold on to it or write off the losses & buy a City/Yaris CVT.
Thanks for your reply and apologies if I didn't make my situation clear. My car is almost 5.5 years old now, and I'm in no hurry to sell till I get a fair price. I am most probably buying a new car from a higher segment, and want to know a range for a price that may seem fair, considering the car hasn't been used much. I have very little idea of the used car market, hence asked the members here for their advise.
andafunda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 17:10   #13983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.milapsan View Post
What's a fair price for a 4-year BMW 320d Luxury Line car with ~18k on the odometer here in Mumbai?
I have the same question but for Delhi market. I am getting a quote for 2017 Luxury line with around 80k on ODO for 25L asked. What would be a fair price range for it? To wit, the current ex-showroom for a 2020 320d Luxury Line is 47.5, and with discounts it should come to around the same price on road.
Old 13th September 2020, 18:00   #13984
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
2017 Luxury line with around 80k on ODO for 25L asked.
Atrocious to say the least, one, you should be looking at 2017 pricing of the car instead of the price as on date, what he paid should determine the price that you pay. Two, 80K in about 3 years with the pandemic situation is a lot and with that mileage, plonking 25 big ones makes no sense. Three, 7 years of max shelf life remains, keep that in mind.

With that kinda budget, strech a bit more and get a spanking new Superb.
Torquedo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2020, 23:44   #13985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukherjea View Post
Check online classifieds (Olx, facebook marketplace and Team BHP)
In the mean time my son does not expect to stay more than 6 to 8 months. So we are looking at other options like leasing etc as buying and selling car is a hassle.
He has finally settled on hiring a car from Revv. They gave him a TUV300 for a day and tomorrow he will get a Hyundai i20.
Will report further.
As per him the paperwork was very comprehensive and they took photos/video of the car pointing out the dents and scratches and have shared it with him immediately on mail.
Good insurance against getting blamed for preexisting faults.
Old 14th September 2020, 16:34   #13986

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
I have the same question but for Delhi market. I am getting a quote for 2017 Luxury line with around 80k on ODO for 25L asked. What would be a fair price range for it? To wit, the current ex-showroom for a 2020 320d Luxury Line is 47.5, and with discounts it should come to around the same price on road.
So I've been doing a fair bit of due diligence on the used car market for luxury cars - and I've noticed a significant upward tick in the pricing of used luxury cars, from July onward - there seems to be a significant scarcity of used cars being made available in the market from the regular channels owing to the lockdown. That said, the price you're being quoted seems high, given that they've done 80k on the odo (I think you should be able to get something similar in Mumbai for ~20L). I'd say a negotiated price of ~23-24L is what I'm seeing on the road for a 2017 luxury line with ~40k on the odo.

Good luck, and keep us posted!
i.milapsan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 18:30   #13987
BHPian

The Covid situation has completely changed my car buying plan.

Any thoughts on what can be a realistic price for a 2-3 year old Polo GT TSI in Mumbai?
I'm starting to consider buying a fun to drive automatic hatch to replace my aging 3rd gen Honda City. This would be a replacement only for 3-4 years, post which I will look at getting a proper new C or D segment SUV/crossover.

I've never owned a VW, and the thread on VW warranties was also quite confusing for me! Will it be possible for me to purchase a 2/3 year old GT TSI and extend the warranty to 7 years?
Old 14th September 2020, 20:11   #13988
BHPian

Greetings esteemed members,

What would be a fair price for my 2009; 38000 KM Honda City iVtec? I have put it for sale at a price of 3L but a lack of genuine buyers and the hassles of ownership transfer due 15 year ban (Delhi registered) i'm thinking of giving it in exchange while buying the Seltos next month.
I know dealerships usually undervalue exchange cars but what can I expect realistically?
Old 14th September 2020, 21:55   #13989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
The Covid situation has completely changed my car buying plan.

Any thoughts on what can be a realistic price for a 2-3 year old Polo GT TSI in Mumbai?
I'm starting to consider buying a fun to drive automatic hatch to replace my aging 3rd gen Honda City. This would be a replacement only for 3-4 years, post which I will look at getting a proper new C or D segment SUV/crossover.

I've never owned a VW, and the thread on VW warranties was also quite confusing for me! Will it be possible for me to purchase a 2/3 year old GT TSI and extend the warranty to 7 years?
The realistic price for a 2-3 year old GT TSI should be in the range of INR 6.5 - 7.25 L. If the car you buy is under warranty you can extend the warranty upto 7 years for peaceful ownership.
RJ2285 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 21:59   #13990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
Greetings esteemed members,

What would be a fair price for my 2009; 38000 KM Honda City iVtec? I have put it for sale at a price of 3L but a lack of genuine buyers and the hassles of ownership transfer due 15 year ban (Delhi registered) i'm thinking of giving it in exchange while buying the Seltos next month.
I know dealerships usually undervalue exchange cars but what can I expect realistically?
You should expect anywhere between INR 3.5L - 3.75L if sold in the open market since the car has clocked 38,000kms only.
RJ2285 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2020, 22:32   #13991
BHPian

Anyone care to suggest price for a July 2010 i20 Sportz Petrol VTVT? It's driven for 53K kms and is complete stock with Michelin XM1s upgraded around 3 years back. Condition of the car is great except some paintwork.
Old 15th September 2020, 05:52   #13992
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Get a better maintained and lightly used one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
That asking price is ridiculous for an almost 9yr old car with what looks like a Pandora’s box worth of troubles awaiting you.

Take the excellent advice from hserus and find another lightly used copy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by self_driven View Post
FYI my F8D Alto fetched similar value in Delhi. It was 5 year old and driven just 10k kms at the time of sale.
So I finally dropped the idea of that Alto.

How does a petrol Tata Bolt sound?
Old 15th September 2020, 08:56   #13993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
If it's an automatic, you can expect around 2.5 lakhs from an individual buyer. For a manual, prices are 10-15% less.

The car still has 4 years of usable life left. I'd not suggest the exchange route unless the Kia dealer can match the above prices.

Last edited by self_driven : 15th September 2020 at 09:01.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 15:20   #13994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i.milapsan View Post
I've noticed a significant upward tick in the pricing of used luxury cars, from July onward - there seems to be a significant scarcity of used cars being made available in the market from the regular channels owing to the lockdown.
Good insight. I had this feeling myself, after noticing that there are literally just 2 BMW 3-Series seem to be available in market in the whole of Delhi-NCR region (Faridabad, Noida, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Greater Noida included). And this has been the situation for almost two weeks now.

My guess is that we will see better supply in the coming weeks, firstly the HY is ending and corporate buyers need to buy before Sep 30 to avail full depreciation. And then of course the festivals in October.
greenh0rn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2020, 19:29   #13995
BHPian

2011 ford figo (old model), duratec petrol, almost 90k driven, single owner, asking price 2.25L. Does it make sense to buy 9 year old figo. Its tax is paid til 2026, so 5 years of life left. What happens after 2026? Can it be driven post?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks