Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2020, 23:45   #14011
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Team, how much would be a reasonable expectation for my Etios Liva Diesel (GD) Oct 2012 model done only about 37000 kms as on date.
Servicing done regularly at Toyota Service, except one year when it was done through local FNG. No major replacement apart from below mentioned.
Only major part replacement was rear shocks under warranty due to "thud" sounds while going over bumps. That was in the 2nd year of ownership.
The usual nicks and scratches.
Colour - Ultra marine blue.
Location - Chennai.
Old 21st September 2020, 05:33   #14012
Senior - BHPian

37k run or not, mint condition or not, the pricing will be that of a 2012 car

This sounds like the sort of car you should keep for much longer rather than sell, because no quote you get will quite meet your expectations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, how much would be a reasonable expectation for my Etios Liva Diesel (GD) Oct 2012 model done only about 37000 kms as on date.
Servicing done regularly at Toyota Service, except one year when it was done through local FNG. No major replacement apart from below mentioned.
Only major part replacement was rear shocks under warranty due to "thud" sounds while going over bumps. That was in the 2nd year of ownership.
The usual nicks and scratches.
Colour - Ultra marine blue.
Location - Chennai.
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 07:38   #14013
BHPian

Make: Volkswagen
Car: Vento
Variant: All-star
Colour: Carbon Steel
Transmission: Manual
Fuel: Petrol
Engine: 1.6 MPI
Manufacturing Month and Year: August 2017
Registered Month and Year: September 2017
Odometer: 35K Kms
Company Warranty: September 2021
Condition: Mint
Service History: Detailed service history at VW Service Center
Loan: No
Owner: Single
Minimal scrathes, No mechanical issues, No insurance claims and No warranty claims.

What can one expect on Vento with above given information?
As per Cars24, they don't have a price for All-star 1.6 MPI however for Highline 1.6 MPI they have quoted as below.
Attached Images

Last edited by VWAllstar : 21st September 2020 at 07:49.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 10:22   #14014
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi

In an ideal world would have run our two cars to the ground, but then in the present pandemic nothing is ideal.

Would like to know the market value of
Toyota Etios VXD, 2016.
42,000km run
Pearl white
Kerala regd

Nippon Toyota had quoted ₹5.80lakhs for as it is and ₹6lakhs if the tyres were new. All others are quoting ₹5.50-5.70 lakhs in exchange.
But in OLX, same sort of models are optimistically priced at ₹6.5 lakhs to even ₹8.00 lakhs.

Maruti WagonR LXi, 2009
54,000km
Black, dents and scratches galore
Kerala regd

We were planning to sell the Etios and prep up the WagonR to use it for the time being.
But the True value guys while evaluating the Etios had noticed the WagonR and quoted ₹1.70lakhs for it, saying the pandemic had increased the demand for sub 2 lakhs small Marutis.

Confused on which one to sell, or to sell both, or to hold onto these two as much as possible.

Thanks.
Old 21st September 2020, 10:33   #14015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post

Confused on which one to sell, or to sell both, or to hold onto these two as much as possible.

Thanks.
Keep WagonR. It won't cost much to own and won't depreciate much either. I tend to believe this is the most practical car that has come out of the Maruti stable to cater to typical Indian family needs.

Sell Etios and maybe buy a 'modern' car in future when the time is right.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 11:28   #14016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Keep WagonR. It won't cost much to own and won't depreciate much either. ....
Sell Etios and maybe buy a 'modern' car in future when the time is right.
Thanks

That is the practical option. We thought it was not worthwhile to sell the WagonR while the prices were hovering around the 1 lakh mark, but since now it demands ₹1.70 lakhs, confused us.

The Etios has been boringly reliable and fuss free. Not even a single rattle or a puncture.
But yeah, sell it now. And maybe buy a 'high rider' when the normal is back, whenever that is.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 12:05   #14017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

That is the practical option. We thought it was not worthwhile to sell the WagonR while the prices were hovering around the 1 lakh mark, but since now it demands ₹1.70 lakhs, confused us.
Depends on your 'big picture'.

Keep WagonR: you want to simplify/downsize things for now. you have good use for Etios money. you wish to upgrade in future

Keep Etios: you don't need the Etios money, would like to have one-car garage (Etios) for medium term

The fact that WagonR price is high should not be such an important thing I feel. You will lose more money by keeping Etios (wagonR won't depreciate and Etios will- relatively).
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 14:58   #14018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
37k run or not, mint condition or not, the pricing will be that of a 2012 car

This sounds like the sort of car you should keep for much longer rather than sell, because no quote you get will quite meet your expectations.
Sir, I am very reasonable about the expected price. Just now checked OBV which shows ball park of 2.5lacs. Is this something that I can start with?
The reason I am selling is that I want to buy a petrol automatic hatchback which both me and wife can drive.
Thanks.
Old 21st September 2020, 15:06   #14019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunalsingh View Post
I am quite new to the platform so not sure how to PM you either.
Your PM (via email) is disabled due to privacy settings. You may want to change that.

Request you to update here when you are able to sell your call. I have a 2010 City VMT, and thinking of selling it simply due to less usage (1k km in last 1 year). Expecting around 3L.
bansal.sushant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 19:33   #14020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
Your PM (via email) is disabled due to privacy settings. You may want to change that.

Request you to update here when you are able to sell your call. I have a 2010 City VMT, and thinking of selling it simply due to less usage (1k km in last 1 year). Expecting around 3L.
Sorry, I'm still quite new here and don't know how to change my PM privacy settings (please teach me how to change it)

About the car - many factors, including but not limited to atrociously low offers by both dealers and individual buyers, plus general economy slow down due to Covid and the fact that my car has only run 37.5k made me decide against buying a new car and to retain my City.

I have now given the car for a full body repaint from a reputable workshop (will be posting about it in a separate post) plus got some minor mechanical work (after a thorough inspection, I was told that the car only needed a new set of link rods for Rs 1.2k!!) and I'm going to hold to this car till 15 years and maybe even more (I will try to transfer ownership to my family members living outside NCR). I love this car to bits and have taken care of it like a baby. My aim is make it the best maintained stock looking Honda City iVtec. Wish me luck!

I'm on the lookout for stock 15 inch alloys (from Gen 3 and Gen3 refresh models), any help would be appreciated. Also, attaching some pictures from the workshop - where my car is being stripped off before the repaint.
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-9f014cd4c91444aab9134e4fa68c3753.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_9436.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_9435.jpg  

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-img_9434.jpg  

kunalsingh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 20:09   #14021
Distinguished - BHPian

A friend is looking for a used Creta petrol in Gurgaon. He found couple of listings of E+/S variants, 50-60k run, 2016 model. The dealers are quoting 7.5-8L which I find to be too optimistic.

What would be a fair price for such a car in Gurgaon?
Old 21st September 2020, 20:56   #14022
BHPian

Ford Figo 2012 ZXI Diesel in Chennai. II owner

1st Tata dealer : 1.5L . Felt too low
2nd Tata Dealer : 1.2 . Got offended and left immediately.
Cars24 : Quoted a price range of 1.6-2 pending thorough inspection. But promised minimum 1.6

Cars24 is the most courteous of the lot. Asked our expectations, gave their price . No bullshit , talking ill of the car or pointing out obvious scrathes or dents which a 8 year car is bound to have . Even if they had offered 1L , I would have walked away without feeling bad.
Ragavsr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 21:15   #14023
BHPian

Members, need an advise. Family relative wants to buy a used car, has shortlisted a Corola Altis 2011 petrol, 100,000 kms completed. Looks in good condition, asking price 4.5 lacs.
Does it make sense to indulge in a car that is discontinued now and a petrol mill when the car was known for diesels.
Service history is good and no major insurance claims yet.
Do advise if a petrol Corolla Altis mames sense after 9 years.
Old 21st September 2020, 22:31   #14024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks.
sell wagonR unless you need the 2 cars. 11 year old car for 1.7 is very good anywhere in India.

Last edited by dipen : 21st September 2020 at 22:33.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2020, 22:38   #14025
HTC
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Ford Figo 2012 ZXI Diesel in Chennai. II owner

1st Tata dealer : 1.5L . Felt too low
2nd Tata Dealer : 1.2 . Got offended and left immediately.
Cars24 : Quoted a price range of 1.6-2 pending thorough inspection. But promised
Since you are 2nd owner, they are offering less.
For my 2011 feb exi TDCI, i got offer upward of 1.85 lac. That too odo more than 1 lac kms, still on original clutch and old tyres.

Have patience and sell it to an individual who appreciates what this little gem of a car can do. You will also get better price from individuals.

Best luck!

Most Viewed