Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2020, 05:57   #14026
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Members, need an advise. Family relative wants to buy a used car, has shortlisted a Corola Altis 2011 petrol, 100,000 kms completed. Looks in good condition, asking price 4.5 lacs.
Does it make sense to indulge in a car that is discontinued now and a petrol mill when the car was known for diesels.
Service history is good and no major insurance claims yet.
Do advise if a petrol Corolla Altis mames sense after 9 years.
You’re chosen one of the perfect car models, in the world, to buy used. The Corolla is the worlds best selling vehicle, so spares won’t be a problem even if you have to import them (worst case).

100k kms is hardly a sweat for a petrol Corolla, which is well capable of 500,000kms relatively trouble free IF maintained correctly by the prior owner/s.

Since you say the service history is good, I would say go ahead, provided you still accept it’s a 9yr old car. Get a general check up done, before you close the deal, to look for any hidden surprises.

Overall, I would say, the petrol Corolla is a very safe bet, even though discontinued & high mileage. Try to bargain harder on the price though due to its age. Good luck.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 06:37   #14027
Mik
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragavsr View Post
Ford Figo 2012 ZXI Diesel in Chennai. II owner

1st Tata dealer : 1.5L . Felt too low
2nd Tata Dealer : 1.2 . Got offended and left immediately.
Cars24 : Quoted a price range of 1.6-2 pending thorough inspection. But promised minimum 1.6.
This should help. My Ford figo diesel titanium 2012 was bought for 6.5 otr in gurgaon. I recently sold it off. Used cars24 just for evaluation. They initially offered 1.6 and over 1 week they got bids upto 1.9.
Ultimately, I sold it for cheaper to one of my dearest friends, this ensuring it will always be in good hands
Mik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 07:23   #14028
BHPian

Fellow TBHPians, need your advice, yet again!

I was looking for a pre-owned Ford EcoSport titanium plus petrol automatic and came across a 2018 model that clocked 20500km. The car is under factory warranty till 2022. Except for a bulging sidewall on the front left tyre, a puncture-repaired rear left tyre and some minor scratches and a small dent on the same side, the car is in excellent condition. Got it checked by two ASS service technicians. It has always been serviced at Ford ASS, but the last service was missed and is overdue now.

The dealer's asking price is 9L. What should be a fair price for it in Delhi NCR? And do I pay the dealer's commission in addition to the negotiated price?
Old 22nd September 2020, 13:53   #14029
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Gents, what is the general opinion on this forum about buying a car that was used by a dealership for display and test drive purposes? I recently contacted Ford Assured in Chennai and they have a 2018 Titanium + AT petrol with 18k on the ODO - asking price is 8.5 lacs (ex-showroom for a new car should cost approx 11.5).

I am going this evening to check the vehicle in person, if all goes well, is it advisable to go for a test drive car?
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:07   #14030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Gents, what is the general opinion on this forum about buying a car that was used by a dealership for display and test drive purposes? I recently contacted Ford Assured in Chennai and they have a 2018 Titanium + AT petrol with 18k on the ODO - asking price is 8.5 lacs (ex-showroom for a new car should cost approx 11.5).

I am going this evening to check the vehicle in person, if all goes well, is it advisable to go for a test drive car?
18K is a lot for a test drive car. You should not be touching the car even with a barge pole. The car would have been abused by all kind of drivers and hence can lead to high maintenance if you plan to keep the car for a long period.
RJ2285 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:33   #14031

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
I have a 2010 City VMT, and thinking of selling it simply due to less usage (1k km in last 1 year). Expecting around 3L.
Can you please get in touch with me for this(My Team-Bhp profile allows download of vCard)? I would be interested to have a look and possibly buy. Your profile page does not have any option to contact you or download vCard.
Old 22nd September 2020, 14:34   #14032
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ2285 View Post
18K is a lot for a test drive car. You should not be touching the car even with a barge pole. The car would have been abused by all kind of drivers and hence can lead to high maintenance if you plan to keep the car for a long period.
As mentioned by RJ2285, don't even bother visiting the place. Look elsewhere !!
nitinkbhaskar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:25   #14033
BHPian

I own a January 2016 Ford Figo 1.5 ltr Petrol DCT automatic that I am looking to dispose. The car has run 45000 km. Does anyone have a estimate for what I might expect as sale price ? Prices I am seeing in the open market are varying between Rs. 3L to 3.6L.
Old 22nd September 2020, 15:38   #14034
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivr1612 View Post
Team, how much would be a reasonable expectation for my Etios Liva Diesel (GD) Oct 2012 model done only about 37000 kms as on date.
A 37k Etios Liva GD is as good as new. This is the best budget diesel hatch around.

Look for a responsible owner and you should get 2.75 to 3.0L easily since this is a low run car. Your ideal buyer would be one from rural TN.

For reference the market rates for the same car with a similar odo reading in 2017 was ~ 3.8 lacs.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:46   #14035
BHPian

Team, how much a honda city VX CVT 2017 model can be expected to fetch ? it is just 18k run as of now with no major accidents and full service history available.
Old 22nd September 2020, 20:46   #14036
BHPian

Hello fellow Bhpians,

I am looking for a small automatic hatchback in Delhi NCR.I have come across a first owner 2017 MICRA XV CVT petrol which has done 22k kms so far.However, at an asking price of INR 5.3 lakhs , is it overpriced?
Old 22nd September 2020, 21:28   #14037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmt_b View Post
Hello fellow Bhpians,

I am looking for a small automatic hatchback in Delhi NCR.I have come across a first owner 2017 MICRA XV CVT petrol which has done 22k kms so far.However, at an asking price of INR 5.3 lakhs , is it overpriced?
That is a rather steep asking price for this car, if you have this kind of budget would suggest you to scout for 2018 Swift Amt these are going anywhere from 5.3 - 5.5 Lacs.
revvharder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:15   #14038
BHPian

Hi all,

I have a question here. I have a Tata Tiago Petrol XZ Model. 2017 October with exactly 22600 kms on the odo. The car is really in a superb condition with absolutely no issues. However, we are now in a dilemma to sell this car.

Due to some personal reasons, we want to sell this car. But people are offering me only 300k to 330k for such a well maintained car.

Wondering what could be an ideal price for this car. Certainly not willing to let go the car just like that and till I get a right owner hopefully.

Any advice on this matter shall highly be appreciated
Old 23rd September 2020, 00:41   #14039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNITDEVIL View Post
Team, how much a honda city VX CVT 2017 model can be expected to fetch?
8 to 8.5 lakh would be a realistic price range now that the new gen City is out.

Last edited by self_driven : 23rd September 2020 at 00:46.
Old 23rd September 2020, 12:30   #14040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav_one View Post
Can you please get in touch with me for this(My Team-Bhp profile allows download of vCard)? I would be interested to have a look and possibly buy. Your profile page does not have any option to contact you or download vCard.
Have sent you an email and also enabled vCard (but it only contains email id). Anyhow, you can reach out to me at bansal.sushant@gmail.com.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks