Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2020, 16:11   #14071
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
3.8L is the utmost you should pay for that, and only if everything else checks out + relatively new tyres, clutch in good nick. That is what you'd wind up spending if the car wasn't in as good condition.
Thanks. We have a max budget of 4L (including the required maintenance, insurance or other expenses after buying). 3.8 is the maximum I can go in this case.
Old 28th September 2020, 16:42   #14072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi All,

Mitsubishi Cedia (2.0 Ltr engine)
Select Version
2007 Model
ODO 96,000 km
Registration and location: KA (Bangalore)
Number of owners 3
Insurance : Comp till Mar 2021

Asking price is in the range of 2-2.25L.
I'm quoting my experience as the owner of a 2007 Cedia Elegance (that I still own and drive)
  • You'll enjoy the car for as long as it doesn't have issues - most mechanical parts should work fine if the previous owners have taken due care. More than the cost of spares, it is the timely availability that is a concern.
  • Of special concern are the electronics and the throttle body (at least for me - I've had issues in the idle RPM and have had trouble procuring a replacement)
  • While the price might seen decent and the ride enjoyable, please do not go for the purchase unless you know the current owner very well. One would hate to see you purchase a car you admired from far, but begin to loathe if it fails you.
Karthik_S is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 18:36   #14073
BHPian

What should be the buying price for a 2016-June Innova Crysta 2.8 Z? The car has done around 1.45 lakh kms in the 4.5 years. Its a single owner and accident free vehicle to my knowledge. The vehicle is from Satara and currently in Pune. Different price evaluators are showing different prices and hence the ask.
Old 28th September 2020, 18:54   #14074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000rpm View Post
You will lose a lot of money on both the cars. Also the price for the Hexa is on the higher side, but the car is rare to find in the required trim and condition so some premium is worth it.
Agreed that I will lose a lot. However Verna is 8 years old and we need a replacement SUV asap as I have an infant so need a more safe car.

Also I know he is quoting high for Hexa, however is 1.5 lakh premium worth it?
Even on our forum classifieds, we have Hexa similar model listed for 14 lakhs.

Else I am better off buying Harrier at 23 lakhs after selling both above cars.

Any comments?
Old 28th September 2020, 19:27   #14075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
What should be the buying price for a 2016-June Innova Crysta 2.8 Z? The car has done around 1.45 lakh kms in the 4.5 years. Its a single owner and accident free vehicle to my knowledge. The vehicle is from Satara and currently in Pune. Different price evaluators are showing different prices and hence the ask.
Irrelevant of the fact the vehicle is fully capable of running 3x4 times its current mileage, you are still buying a heavily used car (30,000km/yr) without (?) any warranties/guarantees whatsoever.

At this mileage, be prepared for wear & tear part replacements which may or may not be to your liking ($$$).

As much as I suggest buying Toyota & Honda products, be leery about buying somebody else’s 145,000kms run vehicle, UNLESS you’re getting it for peanuts. The vehicle, I’m sure, won’t be worth what the owner is asking you to pay.

If I were you, I’d look at other lesser run examples for the same price which you may be getting this particular one.

At the very least, get a general check up done and list down all the parts which need immediate replacement (I’m SURE there are). Reverse engineer your offer based on the vehicle health report, if at all you’re still willing to take the risk.
Old 28th September 2020, 20:23   #14076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
Do update what transpired.
So, I left the deal because someone told me the ideal price for Chandigarh registered car should be 18 Lacs or so + I also factored in the high mileage of 9000 km within 3 months of purchase. Like someone mentioned here, in all likelihood the car might have been used as a demo car so the hunt continues Pls suggest some car within 20 Lacs bracket with 2.0 L Engine? Preferably an SUV.

PS:- No Tata or Mahindra.

Last edited by NAVREVV : 28th September 2020 at 20:26.
Old 28th September 2020, 20:33   #14077
BHPian

Team, how much a Mahindra Marazzo M6/7 Seater 2019 model can be expected to fetch ? it is just 15k run as of now and in excellent condition with 0 accidents and full service history available.
Old 28th September 2020, 20:43   #14078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVREVV View Post
Pls suggest some car within 20 Lacs bracket with 2.0 L Engine? Preferably an SUV.
Are you interested in the CRV at all?

https://www.olx.in/en/chandigarh_g40...n_2015_to_2020

The Fortuner is also a proper SUV which will meet/exceed your search criteria.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 28th September 2020 at 20:45.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2020, 21:10   #14079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
As much as I suggest buying Toyota & Honda products, be leery about buying somebody else’s 145,000kms run vehicle, UNLESS you’re getting it for peanuts. The vehicle, I’m sure, won’t be worth what the owner is asking you to pay.

If I were you, I’d look at other lesser run examples for the same price which you may be getting this particular one.

At the very least, get a general check up done and list down all the parts which need immediate replacement (I’m SURE there are). Reverse engineer your offer based on the vehicle health report, if at all you’re still willing to take the risk.
The vehicle is from a Toyota dealer who "claims" to have done all the checks. He however, wont be able to give me a Toyotautrust certificate and an extended warranty which is generally given on Toyota certified vehicles and the reason for this is that he is not yet an authorized Toyotautrust dealer (I verified this with Toyota customer care).

The current ask is for 15l which I feel is too high considering the usage. Hence looking for some suggestions from here as to what is a fair price to ask for
Old 28th September 2020, 22:03   #14080
BHPian

Quote:
So, I left the deal because someone told me the ideal price for Chandigarh registered car should be 18 Lacs or so + I also factored in the high mileage of 9000 km within 3 months of purchase.
Were you dealing with owner directly? If so, can you put me in contact. I would love to check this car out.
Old 29th September 2020, 13:47   #14081
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
The vehicle is from a Toyota dealer who "claims" to have done all the checks. He however, wont be able to give me a Toyotautrust certificate and an extended warranty which is generally given on Toyota certified vehicles and the reason for this is that he is not yet an authorized Toyotautrust dealer (I verified this with Toyota customer care).

The current ask is for 15l which I feel is too high considering the usage. Hence looking for some suggestions from here as to what is a fair price to ask for
Start at 10 & don’t go too far from that number because you’ll need to budget for any unforeseen expenditure owing to the high mileage (tyres, battery, water pump, brake pads & discs, clutch-if it’s a MT, etc)

I still recommend you look for other, lesser run Innova examples, but it’s your money.
Old 29th September 2020, 14:12   #14082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolidus500 View Post
Were you dealing with owner directly? If so, can you put me in contact. I would love to check this car out.
I was dealing with both Owner and Dealer. The car is already sold and advertisement has been removed from OLX by the seller. Did I miss a great deal?

Last edited by NAVREVV : 29th September 2020 at 14:13.
Old 29th September 2020, 14:29   #14083
BHPian

Quote:
I was dealing with both Owner and Dealer. The car is already sold and advertisement has been removed from OLX by the seller. Did I miss a great deal?
Wow! That was quick. What makes a deal great is upto buyer.
That price was in my opinion was worth whatever hassle it may have come with, whether it was to you, can only be decided by you.
Old 29th September 2020, 16:56   #14084
BHPian

Quote:
i feel you did miss a good deal. 9 k running is ok my daily commute is 150 approx so yes there are different people with different usage.
No dealer sells a demo car this quickly also a demo car would not have run 9k in 3 months, dealers always run demo cars on temp plates seldom do they register them. You should have just checked the cars body line for originality mechanically 99% cars would not have an issue in 9k of running.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 18:27   #14085
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, I left the deal because someone told me the ideal price for Chandigarh registered car should be 18 Lacs or so + I also factored in the high mileage of 9000 km within 3 months of purchase. Like someone mentioned here, in all likelihood the car might have been used as a demo car so the hunt continues Pls suggest some car within 20 Lacs bracket with 2.0 L Engine? Preferably an SUV.

PS:- No Tata or Mahindra.
Go for CRV if you can digest the petrol running costs or Tucson Diesel if you want better performance & space vis-a-vis the Compass.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks