Old 29th September 2020, 18:49   #14086
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Any one can give some advice on this:

2013 Honda Accord 2.4 AT
Kms run - 72K
Asking price - 7,84,000/-

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-file.jpg

Any thoughts on this price as well as any inputs on this particular model also is appreciated.

Checking on behalf of a friend.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2020, 20:38   #14087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
2013 Honda Accord 2.4 AT
Kms run - 72K

Any thoughts on this price as well as any inputs on this particular model also is appreciated.[/i]
If the CVT checks out good & is shifting smoothly without slipping, the Accord 2.4 is quite reliable. Make sure the 72,000kms is genuine by verifying it's service history.

Try to negotiate the price down to 7 to cover for unforeseen part replacements, etc.

Before putting down any money on the car, get it checked by an honest mechanic/service centre to gauge the true condition of the engine & transmission as repairs can get costly for discontinued (in India) models.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 11:41   #14088
BHPian

Guys I'm getting a Hyundai Elantra 2013 Petrol 1.8 SX AT , 53k kms done, well maintained for about 6 Lakhs. Is it a good deal?

I'm looking for a pre owned automatic sedan, not necessarily in the executive segment, but for around this budget ( ~6 lkhs), I'm getting a verna or a city sv (2014) which are a segment below.
Old 30th September 2020, 13:09   #14089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
Guys I'm getting a Hyundai Elantra 2013 Petrol 1.8 SX AT , 53k kms done, well maintained for about 6 Lakhs. Is it a good deal?

I'm looking for a pre owned automatic sedan, not necessarily in the executive segment, but for around this budget ( ~6 lkhs), I'm getting a verna or a city sv (2014) which are a segment below.
In my opinion, it’s overpriced by at least a couple of lacs. 4L is the max I would pay considering it will soon be 8yrs old. It’s no Corolla or Civic to command any premium whatsoever.

If you do choose to bite the bullet, get it fully inspected before you even start negotiating. Hyundai’s don’t age well once they go past 5yrs and you are going to need deep $$$ reserves to pay for parts which are due for replacement. Which might probably be the reason why the owner wants to get rid of it in the first place.

If I wanted an 8yr old petrol sedan, I would pick up the Corolla without a doubt, for the peace of mind it offers.

A 6yr old City for 6L is also quite high, and you can forget about an old Verna if you want fuss free ownership. In this segment, the vehicle is only worth what the buyer is willing to pay for it. It isn’t a ‘67 Mustang to warrant a massive premium, and there are probably a hundred other examples of entry level sedans you can choose from. Don’t get smitten by a used car & then foolishly over pay for it (to an extent).
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th September 2020, 14:45   #14090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
In my opinion, it’s overpriced by at least a couple of lacs. 4L is the max I would pay considering it will soon be 8yrs old. It’s no Corolla or Civic to command any premium whatsoever.
Interestingly, I could find many Civics automatic for much cheaper (about 4L mark) and hardly any Petrol corolla AT.
Old 30th September 2020, 15:38   #14091
BHPian

Quote:
Interestingly, I could find many Civics automatic for much cheaper (about 4L mark) and hardly any Petrol corolla AT.
Just goes to show, how long owners of the Corolla hold on to them. I did a cursory search and this is what the internet threw back at me -

https://www.olx.in/en/delhi_g4058659...ice_max_800000

https://droom.in/cars/used?page=1&ta...type=automatic

You’re right, the options are very limited, but they may be worth your time if you’re looking for a reliable vehicle to last you for the next 5-10yrs with minimal maintenance.

The reason you’re seeing many more Civics on the market, is because they frankly sold much more than the Corolla back in 2010-2014, when the segment was dominated by the Cruze.

The Civic is a fantastic choice too, but the king of reliability is the Corolla. After all, it’s the best selling car in the whole world. Parts are never going to be a problem even though it’s discontinued in India, as you can source them pretty much from anywhere in the world if Toyota themselves find it difficult (which I highly doubt).

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 30th September 2020 at 15:40.
Old 30th September 2020, 18:29   #14092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsnck View Post
Hi All,

Mitsubishi Cedia (2.0 Ltr engine)
Select Version
2007 Model
ODO 96,000 km

Asking price is in the range of 2-2.25L.

I'm been a fan of Cedia for some time. But mainly kept away from Cedia due to 2 reasons :
1. Exorbitant parts cost
2. Vey low Re-sale.

Pro's :
1. Excellent VFM vehicle with Disc brakes, Rally Suspension, ABS, Airbags etc and a gem of a 2.0 L engine. An enthusiast car in all sense with the safety features. What else you need O Boy !!
2. Japanese - Hardly Fails.
Appreciate your enthusiasm to own a fun to drive sedan from yesteryears! However, the asking price of the particular car you've found is too high. There's no way to figure out how well preserved the car has been over the past 13 years, 96k km & 3 owners. Be prepared for service expenditure - I'd say somewhere around 50-70k. A new set of tyres itself will set you back by 25-30k!

Unless you can procure the said example at around 1-1.2 L, I'd suggest you stay away. A similar vintage City or Baleno would go for much lesser that this. I don't think the Cedia can command such a premium in the used car market yet, however Japanese and fun to drive she is!

Attaching an example I found on a quick OLX search:
https://www.olx.in/en/item/honda-cit...iid-1598213041

Last edited by Geo_Ipe : 30th September 2020 at 18:32.
Old 30th September 2020, 20:49   #14093
BHPian

Hello all,

Please advise which one of the following car is worth buying.

Option 1:
Innova Crysta G (automatic)
2017 model
81400 Kms run
Android 7 inch Infotainment, decent speakers.
Second set of tyres and look okayish might need a change soon.
Sellers asking price Rs. 15,00,000/-

Option 2
Innova Type 4 G (manual)
2016 model
41000 Kms run
Pioneer basic ICE, decent speakers,
Second set of tyres recently installed.
Sellers asking price Rs. 10,50,000/-

Both are maintained well and in immaculate condition. Both did not have any squeaks or rattles.

Both are offering Rs. 6,00,000/- for my Honda City Vmt 2016 October model in exchange.

Somehow I felt the Crysta had a heavier steering than the Honda city, for which the seller said it's normal because I am used to the Honda City feel.

Please advise.
Old 30th September 2020, 20:59   #14094
BHPian

Re: 19" Safari Strome VX

Hello All,

Can you please advise what would the best price for a 2019 Safari Strome VX.

Model : Safari Strome VX
Mileage : 26xxx
Insurance : Expired
Date of Registration : 2019 April

Its the sheer love towards Safari and still being in warranty, is what making us to look into this vehicle.

Thanks in Advance!!
Old 30th September 2020, 23:39   #14095
BHPian

Quote:

No sir it is not a good deal at 6 lakhs dealer wont quote more then 3 lakhs for this and a top notch specimen in delhi as an individuval buyer should be max 4 lakhs not a penny more.

Last edited by Born 2 Be Wild : 30th September 2020 at 23:40. Reason: Typo
Old 1st October 2020, 00:35   #14096
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Any one can give some advice on this:

2013 Honda Accord 2.4 AT
Kms run - 72K

Any thoughts on this price as well as any inputs on this particular model also is appreciated.

Checking on behalf of a friend.
Too high a price. I don't know your location. But, in Delhi, these go for around 4.5 lakhs in good condition. I had almost bought one of the same age with Honda extended warranty for less than 4.5. Then, lockdown happened on the day, I was planning to buy it.
codwapeace is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 05:12   #14097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Option 1:
2017 model
81400 Kms run
Android 7 inch Infotainment, decent speakers.
Second set of tyres and look okayish might need a change soon.
Sellers asking price Rs. 15,00,000/-

Option 2
Innova Type 4 G (manual)
2016 model
41000 Kms run
Pioneer basic ICE, decent speakers,
Second set of tyres recently installed.
Sellers asking price Rs. 10,50,000/-
If you don’t care about an AT, my pick would be option 2. The older gen Innova is a better vehicle than the latest gen Innova. Plus it’s run half as less as option 1, with brand new tyres. Don’t be bothered by the lack of ICE as you can upgrade the whole setup to your fancy.

If a honest mechanic checks them out & gives you the go ahead, I would say bargain hard & get option 2, if you have to have an Innova AT, get option 1.

You can’t go wrong with either, but get the price down as best you can.
Old 1st October 2020, 08:23   #14098
Senior - BHPian

I've been seeing a lot of Baleno's (Alpha and Zeta variants) on OLX. Most about a year old and done anywhere between 7-30K kms. Quoted price is around 6.70 - 8.00 Lakhs. What's the formula to calculate the value based on age and Kms.
Old 1st October 2020, 08:29   #14099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by codwapeace View Post
Too high a price. I don't know your location. But, in Delhi, these go for around 4.5 lakhs in good condition.
Hey, that's one good reference that you have shared. Located at Bangalore (Probably that could be a reason?, but this is way too high).

Yesterday we did a test drive on it. Car looks to be in good condition. The concerns are some niggles like several parts are repainted (bumpers, fender, bonnet), front windshield replaced (not done at ASS), Tyres are of different brands and age, not uniformly maintained.

Now that you said the price is way too high, that is going to be for sure a thing to hold us back.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2020, 08:58   #14100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great View Post
Hello all,

Please advise which one of the following car is worth buying.

Option 1:
2017 model
81400 Kms run

Option 2
Innova Type 4 G (manual)
2016 model
41000 Kms run

Somehow I felt the Crysta had a heavier steering than the Honda city, for which the seller said it's normal because I am used to the Honda City feel.

Please advise.
The Crysta will have the 2.8 Engine. Its a joy on that engine.
If you were to TD both those back to back, i am sure that the Automatic Crysta will put a big smile on your face. 81.4 K is hardly anything and you can still drive a few lakh KM's.

You will experience the heavier steering when you come in from a Honda city. Quite normal, i would say,
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed