Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2020, 12:13   #14131
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Yes the same one. I stay close to his showroom.

The purpose of this car is different. Jazz doesn't fit the bill. I'm looking at other Baleno's too. There are quite a few 1 year old examples for sale. Rather than the Delta, I'd go for a Zeta or Alpha.
Ahh, got it! In that case, don’t bother with any low mileage ones, get the cheapest one you can get your hands on, whose body work is still in great condition (and relatively rattle free). Your search gets a lot easier since you plan to swap out the engine.

Good luck on project Baleno 1.4, if I may ask, at which FNG do you plan to execute the surgery?
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 13:04   #14132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knp View Post
I agree. last year, I have paid. 6.4L for 2015 Comfortline TDI Manual Vento. So, yours should be around 7L to 7.5L.
TDI engines is more desirable than MPI. If it was a TSI, it would have been valued at 7 Lakhs. The problem is the perception of people that VW cars are expensive to maintain. These factors are used as negotiation tactics by pre owned car dealers to buy it at a lesser price however they sell it at the right price. Let's see, if I get anywhere near 6.5-7L I shall go ahead with the deal. Orelse shall keep it and drive it few hundreds of KMs each month to keep it going.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 9th October 2020 at 13:05.
Old 9th October 2020, 13:11   #14133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Ahh, got it! In that case, don’t bother with any low mileage ones, get the cheapest one you can get your hands on, whose body work is still in great condition (and relatively rattle free).
That's what I'm looking for.

Quote:
Your search gets a lot easier since you plan to swap out the engine.
Not swapping, just increasing the capacity of the existing one.

Quote:
Good luck on project Baleno 1.4, if I may ask, at which FNG do you plan to execute the surgery?
Not decided. Will search for someone.
pedrolourenco is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2020, 20:36   #14134
BHPian

I've found this on #OLX. What do you think? Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2020 Petrol 0000 Km Driven http://www.olx.in/item/maruti-suzuki...iid-1600361648

What's the catch here? Baleno zeta/alpha or swift zxi+ look quite tempting
Old 9th October 2020, 21:23   #14135
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post
I've found this on #OLX. What do you think? Maruti Suzuki Baleno 2020 Petrol 0000 Km Driven
It’s definitely a scam, don’t fall for it. He will get some unsuspecting person to pay some money and then abscond. Also why will someone put up pictures of a stockyard containing the car rather than the car itself he intends to sell! Why would someone be giving a Baleno Alpha CVT for 6L with 0kms on the odo when the new car itself costs 9-10L on-road.

OLX should have some kind of method of checking on the people who put up such ads and what have they put in the ad!

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 9th October 2020 at 21:24.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 09:12   #14136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrolourenco View Post
Not decided.
I’m just thinking outside the box here, is there any reason why you haven’t considered the Etios hatch with the petrol 1.5? That’ll save you the hassle of the engine upgrade in the 1.2.

No worries if you have your heart set on the Suzuki though.
Old 10th October 2020, 21:00   #14137
Senior - BHPian

Car: Honda Jazz Petrol (Honda certified used car)
Year: 2017
ODO: 12500
Variant: V
Transmission: CVT
No.of owners: 1

We offered 6.5L but they are asking 7.5L. What is the fair price for it? Thanks in advance.
Old 10th October 2020, 21:11   #14138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We offered 6.5L but they are asking 7.5L
Your offer is realistic. Stick to it. Yes it’s low mileage, but this is a buyer’s market.

I hope you’ve had a honest mechanic check the car out even though it’s Honda certified. The service history should have evidence of at least 5 oil changes in the 3 yrs it’s been on the roads (the Jazz has a 6 month/10,000km service interval).

Good luck as the car itself is fuss free.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 10th October 2020 at 21:14.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2020, 22:18   #14139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedar3223 View Post

What's the catch here? Baleno zeta/alpha or swift zxi+ look quite tempting
Olx is 99% filled by dealers and the rest is fraud posts mostly, its best to avoid olx unless the person posting the ad is the registered owner of the vehicle and thats like finding a unicorn in todays day and age
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2020, 11:37   #14140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Olx is 99% filled by dealers and the rest is fraud posts mostly, its best to avoid olx unless the person posting the ad is the registered owner of the vehicle and thats like finding a unicorn in todays day and age
So true. The first thing i check is if the ad poster shares the vehicle number over WhatsApp when contacted and then I cross-check in the Vahan Database to find if the owner name is the same as the truecaller name or at least has the same surname, in case the ad is posted by a relative or spouse.

I had been looking for a pre-owned car for over 5-6 months and had gone through over 15-20 ad's which looked really good. I even got one of those Airport Parking frauds on Olx, just last week posting a 2-year-old Verna diesel for 6 lakhs, while a good car would fetch at least 8-9 lakhs. Their prices are so tempting that you will try messaging them.

Be very wary of fake ad's or dealers who post really good pics of similar cars and when you go to check the car, the whole vehicle looks different, because it is a different car. Dealers have photos of a similar model, but with much better interiors and exteriors for the ad's.
abhijith is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 20:14   #14141
BHPian

Quote:
Normally, I would tell you it’s a safe bet BUT this is a Hybrid. Even though Toyota makes the best hybrids in the world, this is a used 5yr old hybrid car. Unless, you’re completely fine with spending a few lacs on buying a new (not refurbished) hybrid battery in the near future, I would say stick to a non hybrid vehicle, since you’re buying used. If you want a hybrid, buy a new hybrid, not a used one. It’s just too risky to gamble with expensive repairs for hybrid parts, which will have to be imported from Japan (?).
Quote:
The last time I checked, the hybrid battery pack alone costed almost $5,000 so plan accordingly!
I drove a Toyota Prius for nearly 9 years and over 275,000 kms in the US. After 9 years the hybrid battery performed as new and there were no issues of any kind. There was no loss of power or mileage. The car never needed any servicing apart from oil changes and tyres. Even the brake pads were original with over 70% life left as the hybrids use regenerative braking if you drive sedately. In the US and Canada there are many people like taxi drivers who have clocked over 1.5 million kms on their hybrids with the original battery. The Prius and the Camry use the same hybrid system. Hence I wouldn’t worry about the battery for the foreseeable future.
Lobogris is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2020, 23:59   #14142
JHS

I am looking at a Zen Carbon that is up for sale and wanted to ask you guys what you think would be a reasonable price for it and for a stock zen carbon/steel in general. The one I am looking at has a 1.3 race prepped engine making around 110 bhp. It has a stage 2 intake, BMC air filter, free flow exhaust, 15" wheels, lowering springs and racing seats. Any help would be much appreciated.
JHS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 01:28   #14143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijith View Post
The first thing i check is if the ad poster shares the vehicle number and then I cross-check in the Vahan Database to find if the owner name.
This may not work always, I have posted some of my cars on OLX. The first question can be either- Is this Car still available or Whats the lowest prices?

This is despite clearly mentioning that the Add is valid and will be taken off when it gets sold. I must have also mentioned atleast 3 times in the add that the prices are fixed and firm and no negotiations will be entertained but people will continue to make offers which makes no sense. Many continue to enquire the vehicle number but I won't give anything to a stranger. Of course, Dealers will be first to give even a copy of RC but not many genuine sellers will be willing to share the details. Just another point of view.

Did I found the buyer? yes & no. I sold 2 cars at my prices, no rebates on the listed - zilch. Many feel offended by this approach but If I was to buy, I will go with who offers best prices and don't negotiate and specifically - don't offer special prices just for me
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2020, 07:36   #14144
Senior - BHPian

Friends - I had asked once prior and asking again.

My Baleno is up for sale (posted in classifieds as well). It’s the White , Automatic , Zeta trim. 2017 model. Done 24K running. Second owner ( well , the first is my company and it’s now in my name after lease completion ). Car is in super good condition.

What price can I expect please ?
Old 13th October 2020, 12:43   #14145
Senior - BHPian

A general tip for those looking for used cars, even if the car regn number is masked, keep an eye on the number plates for 'IND'(HSRP hologram). If the number plates aren't HSRP, then the car would mostly have seen a major accident, or worse could be a stolen vehicle with mismatched chassis/engine numbers. However, the inverse may not be true though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
What price can I expect please ?
I would say 5.5L-6L is a reasonable selling price. Beyond 6L may require little marketing effort, but should be possible.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks