Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 09:26   #14251
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand Vitesse View Post
Satyavachan! Thank you hserus. Though I became a member only recently, I have read your posts regarding your Fiesta and Scorpio purchases from VJ cars. I keep watching their Ads too. However, they don't seem to be dealing with that many cars with age more than 4/5 years or quoted price lesser than 4/5 lakhs. Are they any better?
VJ sells clean cars but they are heavily overpriced. One thing to watch out for and bargain down will be tyres as it is very rare that you find a used car that has had regular wheel balancing and alignment, so the tyres will need to be scrapped even if they are just 3 years and 20-25k km old, as they will be worn smooth on one side and have excellent tread on the other side.

Bargain them down as much as you can but you'll still find it a relatively expensive buy. OK still around half the price of a new car so you are comfortable that you got a clean and relatively well maintained one then go ahead paying the premium for that.

Cheaper used cars with more issues means you need to have the time / patience / money fixing all those issues yourself.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:39   #14252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickdraw View Post
I've booked a car through them, will share review once purchase process is complete.
Hi Quickdraw,
Looking forward to your review on this.

P.S. Is that your story? https://www.spinny.com/blog/index.ph...r-story-manav/
Old 12th November 2020, 10:34   #14253

Hello!

I have Zest XM petrol. The car is 6.2yrs old. Its 2014 September delivered car. Current ODO is 45xxx km.
TASS maintained.
Battery has been changed in January this year.
Tax is paid upto 2024.
But tires are old. Those need to changed now due to age. Treads are good on all four.
What can be the valuation of this car right now?
Thank you.
Old 12th November 2020, 14:15   #14254
BHPian

Hello,

I am looking for a Innova Crysta and have come across 2016 VX with 70K km on the odometer. Tires seem OK and service history seems fine. What would be a good price for this specimen in Bangalore? Asking price has come down to 15.5.

Is 70K km a bit too high and should I look for lower mileage cars around 50K which might be harder to find.

thank you!
Old 12th November 2020, 17:11   #14255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techani View Post
But tires are old. Those need to changed now due to age.
What can be the valuation of this car right now?
With all 5 tyres needing replacement, I would say around 3L should be a good ball park. More, if the potential buyer doesn’t notice the age of the tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Asking price has come down to 15.5
Try and bring it further down to 15L IF a trusted mechanic/ASC gives the car a clean bill of health.

When you say the tires seem ok - what do you mean? Are they recently changed? Because if it’s still running on the factory tyres, you’re looking at a substantial expense for buying 5 new tyres as the usable life of tyres is only 6 yrs.

70,000kms of genuine mileage is nothing for an Innova. It’s well capable of doing 500,000kms with minimum maintenance.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 10:43   #14256
BHPian

Fiesta SXi 1.6 2010 model 1st owner 75000 kms driven, Bangalore , used car dealer quoting 2.7L+.
What will be the realistic price to offer for this if found to be in good condition?

Last edited by WindRide : 13th November 2020 at 10:48.
Old 13th November 2020, 11:52   #14257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
Fiesta SXi 1.6 2010 model 1st owner 75000 kms driven, Bangalore , used car dealer quoting 2.7L+.
What will be the realistic price to offer for this if found to be in good condition?
Decade old Fiesta should not be picked up for anything more than 1.25 Lakhs. It may be well maintained however one cannot do away with the cost of frequent part change in the near future. The cost of parts of these yesteryear gems aren't cheap by any means.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2020, 13:04   #14258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramvicky1984 View Post
Hi Quickdraw,
Looking forward to your review on this.

P.S. Is that your story? https://www.spinny.com/blog/index.ph...r-story-manav/
Hey sorry haven't had a chance to write about the Compass yet. It was a great experience for me to be honest. They are a very professional company with great folks working for them and I am usually very wary of used car dealers but I am happy we bought from them and the car has been loved by wifey. I dont know why they have plastered my name everywhere in that article.
quickdraw is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 11:01   #14259
Senior - BHPian

Car: Skoda Rapid
Year: 2016
ODO: 9100
Variant: Petrol MPI AT STYLE (special edition black package)
Transmission: Automatic
No.of owners: 1
Condition: 1 small dent on the fender, otherwise car looks excellent.

Asking price 7.5L, what is the fair price for it? Thanks in advance.
Old 14th November 2020, 12:46   #14260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Asking price 7.5L, what is the fair price for it?
Overpriced by at least 1L, maybe more, since you’ll have to shell out probably ~30,000 for 5 new tyres, since I’m sure she’s still on her almost 6yr old factory tires.

For such low running, you would have to take an extra close look at all the electronics & plastic parts under the bonnet.

Also, you’ll be without any warranty in case something goes wrong with that DSG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
It has 6 speed TC unit not the DSG, isn't it?
It is? Sure, then I stand corrected. You can ignore my comment on the DSG then.

Last edited by ChoosetoCruze : 14th November 2020 at 13:13.
ChoosetoCruze is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 13:10   #14261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
Overpriced by at least 1L, maybe more, since you’ll have to shell out probably ~30,000 for 5 new tyres, since I’m sure she’s still on her almost 6yr old factory tires.
Thanks, it is 2016 April model and tires have to be changed due to age.

Quote:
Also, you’ll be without any warranty in case something goes wrong with that DSG.
It has 6 speed TC unit not the DSG, isn't it?
Latheesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 13:15   #14262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by litesaber View Post
Hello,

I am looking for a Innova Crysta and have come across 2016 VX with 70K km on the odometer. Tires seem OK and service history seems fine. What would be a good price for this specimen in Bangalore? Asking price has come down to 15.5.

Is 70K km a bit too high and should I look for lower mileage cars around 50K which might be harder to find.

thank you!
I just picked up a highly pampered 2017, 2.8 Gx model with 84k on the odo for 14.5L last month.

The first thing I did was to take it to the Toyota service center and got it serviced, replaced the engine oil to fully synthetic spec and checked for any flaws.

The service advisor confirmed that the Innova ages very slowly and upon putting it on the computer via OBD there was nothing which needed any kind of attention. Even the transmission fluid was marked to be changed post 120000 kms as the previous owner had got it replaced at 80000 kms. Suspension was in pristine condition too. Since this was a vehicle owned by a car enthusiast he never drove it rough.

Vehicle cost = 14.5 K
New Tyres = 24500 (Yokohama Earth 1, all 4 valves and rear drum painted to red)
Servicing Cost = 18000 (90000 kms service and few minor missing plastic parts were installed)
New seat covers, floor lamination and wooden panels at Orchis = 48K
Zero Rattles !

The car is running absolutely fantastic. The feel of the 2.8 Automatic is unmatched and it puts a huge smile on my face everytime I drive it. The automatic makes it very easy to drive it in the city.

The two downsides are that there is no warranty left on the car and the ASS couldn't extend the warranty and secondly the steering is just a bit heavier compared to my outgoing car Honda City in city limits.

ICE and other cosmetic upgrades planned slowly step by step.

But going by the lateral upgrade thread on this forum, I totally feel it is worth buying it.

Last edited by The Great : 14th November 2020 at 13:19.
The Great is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:02   #14263
BHPian

Hello folks,

I am a hardcore pre-owned car buyer. My last 6 cars (in 10 years) have all been bought pre-owned (usually upto 3 years old and <30k kms on ODO). Usually keep the car for around 2 years and then sell it off and buy the next one (not a mandatory thing, just get bored by this time). My past drives included a Linea TJet, Fiesta, Palio (just to give you an idea).

Now I have around 7 lakhs budget and was looking for a fun-to-drive car. I came across a Jetta and a Yeti.

1. Jetta - 2015 Model Comfortline, single owner, 140K Kms, Asking 7 Lakhs
2. Yeti - 2012 Model Elegance, 80K Kms, Asking 7 Lakhs

Both might get closed around 6.5 Lakhs.

This is in Tamil Nadu, and I would be using the car in Bangalore, TN and Kerala (primarily Bangalore though). This would be my daily 10km drive + 1 long trip of 1000kms every 3 months. I think I am OK with the reliability challenges (not a huge problem even if the car is not available for 2-3 weeks once in a year).

Both cars looks kept in decent shape. I am getting them checked at the service centres on Monday.

Wanted to hear expert opinions here on either or both.
1. What are specific things that I should check for?
2. What kind of yearly expenses should I look at for the next 4 years if I keep it?
3. If you have bought or sold a similar one in south, would love to hear if the prices are ok.
Thank you
Old 15th November 2020, 09:18   #14264
BHPian

Looking for a used Innova Crysta as a replacement for our 2011 Innova,which the odo should be within 40,000 Kms and within Rs.20L.

Preferred versions are VX MT and ZX MT/AT.

Meanwhile,I had seen a 2016 Innova Crysta ZX MT in white colour,which has run just 22000 Kms and asking price is Rs.18.5L.Is this a good price considering the car is 4 years old and in Hyderabad,Innovas along with Fortuners are sold for exorbitant price and has high resale value here when compared to Delhi and Mumbai used car markets.

And,how much we should expect if we sell our 2011 Innova VX,which has run 1.66L Kms and 2nd owner.An year ago,got new tyres along with new brake pads,clutch plates and new seat covers but still running on stock music system.The exterior is in good condition too and need to get the insurance renewed too.

Got quotes of around Rs.8-8.5L from used car dealers and we almost sold this car to an individual for Rs.8L but deal got cancelled the last minute due to personal reasons from his side.
Old 15th November 2020, 20:03   #14265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleton View Post
Now I have around 7 lakhs budget and was looking for a fun-to-drive car.

I think I am OK with the reliability challenges (not a huge problem even if the car is not available for 2-3 weeks once in a year).

Both cars looks kept in decent shape. I am getting them checked at the service centres on Monday.
There’s no way either of those cars are worth anything more than 3L, maybe 3.5L if everything checks out. One is a high mileage discontinued German, the other is a discontinued German.

You better know what you’re doing if you’re planning to buy either of them, as none of the previous cars you’ve owned have part costs like the ones you’re looking at, right now. If you’re prepared for that, then good.

With your requirements, with 7L, I’d recommend a lightly used Polo or Abarth Punto (since you only keep your cars for 2yrs).

Remember, the purchase price may be peanuts, however, the repair, parts & service costs will still be priced at a premium for the Jetta & Yeti.

A good place to start will be the Yeti, Octavia & Jetta threads on this forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
2011 Innova VX,which has run 1.66L Kms and 2nd owner.An year ago,got new tyres along with new brake pads,clutch plates and new seat covers but still running on stock music system.The exterior is in good condition too and need to get the insurance renewed too.
Umm, I don’t think I caught the reason for your purchase. Is there something wrong/broken with your present Innova?

Your current Innova is a much superior product than the Innova Crysta, which has only run 166,000kms. There’s a thread on this forum with the previous Innova having clocked 1,000,000kms.

I don’t think you’re making the right choice unless of course there’s something major wrong with your current Innova.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks