Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 21:20   #14431
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Need help to get the right price for the below pre owned car.
2017, Toyota Corollo Altis, Diesel, MT, top of the line, 40K KMs. Very well maintained and has extended warranty till 2021(Sept). MH03 (Mumbai) registered. Serviced at Toyota Service Center. No remap or any additional modifications.
What could be the best price to buy the car?
Old 24th February 2021, 22:46   #14432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakmuzik View Post
Car: Honda Jazz
Year: 2019 (Jan)
ODO: 21,000
Variant: VX
Transmission: CVT
No.of owners: 1
Condition: Looks very good in pictures

Asking price is around 7.7 L. I'm going to check out the car, but any pointers on the price?
Few days back I was looking at Jazz CVT in Bangalore, I could probably get similar car Jazz VX 2019 for 8L here. I feel it's a good buy for 7.5L in Chennai, it's even ok for 7.7L as you still have some warranty left.

From what I understood, cars are priced purely based on their age, not the condition. I have seen cars with less kms and better looking sold for lesser price than the next model year car from the same seller.

Ex:
Jazz V CVT 2016 - asking price 7L
Jazz V CVT 2017 - asking price 7.5L
Jazz V CVT 2018 - asking price 8L
SKC-auto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 22:51   #14433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Few days back I was looking at Jazz CVT in Bangalore, I could probably get similar car Jazz VX 2019 for 8L here. I feel it's a good buy for 7.5L in Chennai, it's even ok for 7.7L as you still have some warranty left.

From what I understood, cars are priced purely based on their age, not the condition. I have seen cars with less kms and better looking sold for lesser price than the next model year car from the same seller.

Ex:
Jazz V CVT 2016 - asking price 7L
Jazz V CVT 2017 - asking price 7.5L
Jazz V CVT 2018 - asking price 8L
Thank for you the information. Extremely useful.

And, I totally agree. Mostly, its just the age that matters but when we end up seeing the car in reality, I'm sure the negotiations will be more for a car that isn't maintained well. My hunt for a used car has extended into a few months already and 90% of the cars I've seen come with an unreasonable asking price. It's indeed a process requiring ample patience and clarity. Let me go meditate
freakmuzik is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 02:55   #14434
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKG4 View Post
I have March 2017 UP14 Registration 4x4 3.2 Titanium Golden Bronze.
I am willing to sell it, whats the best price I can get for it?
Odometer never tempered and currently at 52k KM. All services on time, got the tyres changed at 50K KM with BF Goodrich (82,000 INR)
I don't know if this would be a right thread to proceed further with the conversation. Will use the PM route if that is okay with you.
Old 25th February 2021, 12:24   #14435
BHPian

Hi BHPIANS,

Been long since I posted - After the Jeep Grand Cherokee now am in a BMW X3 so the driving continues....

A friend of mine is looking for a used "Bentley Mulsanne" 2011-12, what should be a good/correct price for a low run vehicle ?

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers.
Old 25th February 2021, 13:33   #14436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My hunt for a used car has extended into a few months already and 90% of the cars I've seen come with an unreasonable asking price. It's indeed a process requiring ample patience and clarity. Let me go meditate
True, I am giving up searching for a used car

I think 7.5-7.7 is a good price for a well maintained Jazz VX CVT.

I have following depreciation thumb rule for under 15L cars
End of first year 15%
End of second year 25%
End of third year 35%
End of fourth year 40-45%

I have been tempted to pay more, but a query here and answers by members helped/saved me from overpaying or taking wrong selections.
Latheesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 16:17   #14437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
True, I am giving up searching for a used car

I think 7.5-7.7 is a good price for a well maintained Jazz VX CVT.

End of first year 15%
End of second year 25%
End of third year 35%

I have been tempted to pay more, but a query here and answers by members helped/saved me from overpaying or taking wrong selections.
Sadly, the car got sold last night apparently
I was really looking forward to this!

Some other 2019 Jazz VX CVT versions are priced above 9 lacs! Can very well buy a new one instead and get a longer loan period as well.

The depreciation you've mentioned is perfect! Just some owners tend to believe they can skip one or two years of ownership when calculating the price!
freakmuzik is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 18:47   #14438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sadly, the car got sold last night apparently
I was really looking forward to this!
Do check out the Capital Honda showroom in Meenambakkam. They almost always have a used Honda Jazz (among other makes/models) in their used car lot. I had checked out a 3 year old CVT model in their lot for 6.5 lacs back in January 2018. Please PM me if you need a salesperson's contact; we have a friend working there.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 19:39   #14439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
End of first year 15%
End of second year 25%
End of third year 35%
Sadly the market rates are very different atleast in Bangalore, a 2017 jazz CVT which has OTR price less than 10L, should cost 6L today as per your depreciation (I am also calculating the same way) but the asking price was 7L fixed. I need to spend 7L with no warranty, body full of dents, no new car feeling, higher interest rates.
SKC-auto is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:51   #14440
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a dealer listed 1st owner, 2013 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX(O) run 55k in Bengaluru?

I was looking for a Jazz CVT and then realised that I couldn't bring myself to put up with the ridiculous premium these guys ask and booked the Magnite turbo CVT.

But with fuel prices increasing like there is no tomorrow I rather save myself a few lakhs and get a diesel.
JithinR is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 13:57   #14441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
2013 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX(O) run 55k in Bengaluru?
Find out if odo is tampered first. Dealers/owners of diesel cars are notorious for getting the odo 'set' at 40k-60k range. Less than 1000km/month run in a 7yr old diesel car smells fishy.
stallmaster is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 17:07   #14442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallmaster View Post
Find out if odo is tampered first. Dealers/owners of diesel cars are notorious for getting the odo 'set' at 40k-60k range. Less than 1000km/month run in a 7yr old diesel car smells fishy.
I will definitely be asking for service records for any used car in Bengaluru. The premium that cars are priced here, to me it makes sense to only go for ones with good service records.

Quote:
What would be a fair price for a dealer listed 1st owner, 2013 Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX(O) run 55k in Bengaluru?
Any leads? The dealer has quoted 6L. From what I can see this seems to be the price quoted by most cars this vintage. Indian Blue book shows about 5.7L for dealer price in Great condition.

Last edited by Sheel : 27th February 2021 at 19:07. Reason: Please edit / multi-quote your replies instead of back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 27th February 2021, 17:26   #14443
BHPian

Went and saw the car today. The guy has changed the rims to some alloys wheels from EVD. The profile was 205/50 R16.

The steering itself was not as smooth as I experienced non i20. Don't have any experience driving a verna before. Even the clutch (which the owner seems to have replaced twice going by the service records) was not as light as in a i20 diesel.

What actually threw me off was how the tyres were worn down on in the inside on the left side and on the outside on the right side. I think I remember reading on the forum on how vernas rear wheel alignment is not possible due to a torsion beam setup (don't know the technical details behind this) but it seems strange that the guy didn't maintain his tyres (Yokos s drive).

Finally, even the factory leather wrap on the steering had worn down which made me suspect the 55k odo reading. Is the leather quality that bad or could this be due to the car being parked in the sun?

Since the dealer seems reluctant to reduce the price quoted (even to offset the cost of the tyres which are almost at the end of their life) I think I will pass on this one.
JithinR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2021, 19:24   #14444
BHPian

Quote:
Since the dealer seems reluctant to reduce the price quoted (even to offset the cost of the tyres which are almost at the end of their life) I think I will pass on this one.
Good call. Dealers who do not reduce the price based on the condition of the vehicle are a hard pass, always.
Old 28th February 2021, 12:58   #14445
BHPian

I saw a 2015 Octavia Anniversary edition 2.0 Diesel with ~23k Odo reading. The quoted price is 16 Lakhs. No major accidents & services from authorized dealership. Single owner.

The big question is how reliable is the DSG gearbox & other parts of the 2015 Octavia. Would I be looking at a huge spend in the next 4 years [assuming I keep the car for 4 years]?

Also, anything specific to check for >5 year Skoda cars?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks