Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 17:03   #14821
Senior - BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Guys, what will a good price for a 2 month old Jeep Compass Limited Petrol Automatic. The car has an OTR of 25.7L (where it was initially registered). It is not a test drive car btw.
Old 9th September 2021, 21:48   #14822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
Would you like me to put you in touch with the service head at Porsche service?
Thanks but I'm not sure he will go below 12.5 L. I'll have to do some basic negotiation before getting the car checked. Plus will have to fuel up the monster for the long drive.
wildsdi5530 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 22:17   #14823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Thanks but I'm not sure he will go below 12.5 L. I'll have to do some basic negotiation before getting the car checked. Plus will have to fuel up the monster for the long drive.
10 is the amount which I guess you should risk to own a Porsche, No dealer will pay him more then 7.5-8
Old 10th September 2021, 13:18   #14824
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Guys, what will a good price for a 2 month old Jeep Compass Limited Petrol Automatic. The car has an OTR of 25.7L (where it was initially registered). It is not a test drive car btw.
Guys, is 22L a good price for this? It is brand new with seats still wrapped in plastic.

Last edited by Pancham : 10th September 2021 at 13:32.
Old 10th September 2021, 13:51   #14825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Guys, is 22L a good price for this? It is brand new with seats still wrapped in plastic.
The logic behind the owner quoting 22 L is reasonable and makes sense since he has spent 25.7 L on the new one, just two months back. But I would still keep this brand under probation, as if we go by it's sales figures during the past 12 months, there is nothing very encouraging about it and the car maker. The total monthly sales are of late hovering around the 900-1200 units. Only the Jeep brand is lately sustaining the car maker's Indian operations. And seeing Ford closing down its Indian operations, surprises from this brand could also be awaited, though we need not be pessimistic.

Hence, alternatively I would suggest you to consider going for a brand new Tata Harrier/ Safari which also use the same Fiat engine or the Mahindra XUV 700 that are priced in the same range. Also if you can wait, let Tata and Mahindra correct the initial gremlins with their initial releases and await for an opportune moment to buy.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-august-2021-sales.jpg

(above image courtesy Aditya (Moderator))

Image from the post # 1 on this URL :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...nalysis-3.html (August 2021 : Indian Car Sales Figures & Analysis)
anjan_c2007 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 17:18   #14826
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
They say that a car loses 20% of it's value the minute it is driven out of the showroom after taking delivery

Given that it would be a slower moving model (Petrol as against Diesel), you should try to get this for around 20 lacs. However if it's the variant / colour / transmission of your choice don't let a lac or so affect the decision - go for it. The Compass sell decently well in the used car market.
Shreyas_H is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2021, 19:08   #14827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
They say that a car loses 20% of it's value the minute it is driven out of the showroom after taking delivery

Given that it would be a slower moving model (Petrol as against Diesel), you should try to get this for around 20 lacs. However if it's the variant / colour / transmission of your choice don't let a lac or so affect the decision - go for it. The Compass sell decently well in the used car market.
This is for a close friend of mine. The issue is, this is through a dealer and yes the 20% depreciation thumb rule does apply but this car was registered in July I think and the dealer wont come down to even 21L. So subject to a thorough check up from Jeep Service Centre, the last price we are thinking of quoting is 22L only because its in showroom condition. The OTR is close to 26L. So lets see.

Last edited by Pancham : 10th September 2021 at 19:10.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th September 2021, 01:51   #14828
DWC
BHPian

Getting a 2010 BMW 530D with 36000 km on the odo for 12.5 lakhs from a dealer. It's in good working condition, but has two previous owners. What would be a fair price for this vehicle in Mumbai?
Old 11th September 2021, 18:28   #14829
BHPian

I am curious to know what would be the sale price of my 2020 Ecosport Titanium Plus AT?
I had listed it for sale nearly 3 months ago, so not a panic sale, but with Ford's announcement of its exit from manufacturing in India, It seems like Mission Impossible now.
What price do I expect realistically? 8 lakhs?
Old 11th September 2021, 21:45   #14830
BHPian

The 2016 Linea T Jet, when seen in person, was not in a good state. So, have dropped it

What about a 2016 Skoda Rapid Style, manual, petrol. All service records from Skoda. 45000 kms run, At Delhi. Quoting 4.8L, negotiable. Is the price reasonable?
Old 12th September 2021, 08:46   #14831
BHPian

Quote:
Unfortunately the quoted statement has ZERO followers in present day resale market (at least for hatchbacks). People quote near Ex Showroom prices for maruti altos and celerios which are more than 4-5years old and 30-40K driven.
Next time my CA gives me any financial advice i will counter him saying Invest in an Alto, Never Depreciates

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th September 2021 at 09:47. Reason: Fixing broken quote.
navinkamath4657 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 10:12   #14832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I am curious to know what would be the sale price of my 2020 Ecosport Titanium Plus AT?
I had listed it for sale nearly 3 months ago, so not a panic sale, but with Ford's announcement of its exit from manufacturing in India, It seems like Mission Impossible now.
What price do I expect realistically? 8 lakhs?
I would say 8L is a fair price but with with the whole Ford stopping India manufacturing fiasco not sure how many would take a risk to purchase a Ford.

So expect to be low balled here.

BTW, why are selling so early? Vehicle is very competent. I would rather use it for couple more year than literally take 50% depreciation hit.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 10:14   #14833
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Drove the car. It’s New. As mentioned earlier, literally out of the showroom new. But the dealer is adamant and won’t sell below 22.4L. Started to give lousy reasons like Jeep prices will increase by 1.5L within a week. Very unprofessional to speak with. Walked away by quoting 22L which itself is very high. Onto the next one.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2021, 12:18   #14834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinkamath4657 View Post
Unfortunately the quoted statement has ZERO followers in present day resale market (at least for hatchbacks). People quote near Ex Showroom prices for maruti altos and celerios which are more than 4-5years old and 30-40K driven.
Next time my CA gives me any financial advice i will counter him saying Invest in an Alto, Never Depreciates
Absolutely. Ultimately the selling price will always be a function of demand and supply. A land cruiser might sell for the same price it was bought for years ago.

This thumb rule can be a starting point for negotiations though.
Old 12th September 2021, 12:35   #14835
BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. Ultimately the selling price will always be a function of demand and supply. A land cruiser might sell for the same price it was bought for years ago.

This thumb rule can be a starting point for negotiations though.
I feel TeamBHP mods should come out with a template for fair resale car values, a calculator of sorts just like how cardekho or spinny has.
The only difference here would be reliability since we know TeamBHP will always stand for the good of public and will never have a commercial angle to it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks