Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2021, 15:31   #14851
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
How much can we expect for Grand Nios i10 AMT? Details below

Asking price by seller on OLX is 7.10 lakhs after negotiations. Went to Hyundai showroom to check on road price of same variant and they quoted 8.50 lakhs after all discounts.

Is it worth it to take used car just to save 1.4 lakhs?

Are they offering only 9k as discount on the new car? I checked on Carwale for Onroad price of I10 nios Sportz AMT and it shows 8.59L.

7L for the 5k run car is a good deal in my opinion.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 17:21   #14852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
Hi folks,
Needed some advice. I saw a listing of Hyundai Tucson with the following details
Second owner
72457kms

2018 Hyundai Tucson New 2WD AT GLS DIESEL AUTOMATIC
Bangalore registered with asking price of 15L

I was a bit worried on high mileage in such a short span.
Is it worth pursuing this.?
By any chance is this the one listed in Cars24? If so, I think its been in their inventory for a long time as its been serviced by them in March. Also the asking price to a 3rd owner is too high IMHO.
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 17:47   #14853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
By any chance is this the one listed in Cars24? If so, I think its been in their inventory for a long time as its been serviced by them in March. Also the asking price to a 3rd owner is too high IMHO.
Yes I saw the listing in cars24 and in yes cars. I too thought it was way too high. Considering the odometer reading and it’s a third owner. I have been trying to look at used compass or tucsons but very few are there in the right price bracket. Thank you for your feedback
Old 21st September 2021, 20:25   #14854
Senior - BHPian

What should be the right price for a 2021 manufactured and march 2021 HR registered 520D luxury line with 9000 kms on odo, this car is with idrive 7.Car has a 3 year BSI+ pack and is with bmw premium selection. They are quoting 55 L last for the car.
Old 21st September 2021, 20:43   #14855
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
What should be the right price for a 2021 manufactured and march 2021 HR registered 520D luxury line with 9000 kms on odo, this car is with idrive 7.Car has a 3 year BSI+ pack and is with bmw premium selection. They are quoting 55 L last for the car.
Sounds very much like a demo car. If yes, then it should be under 50 on road with a fresh service done provided you are the first owner on paper.
Old 21st September 2021, 22:43   #14856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
If yes, then it should be under 50 on road with a fresh service done provided you are the first owner on paper.
It is not a DEMO car, i have seen the RC and it was registered to an individual, service done last month under the BSI pack. Have offered 51 but they are not willing to budge as of now. Car is registered in Haryana so i would be the second owner.
Old 22nd September 2021, 10:10   #14857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by askicode View Post
Yes I saw the listing in cars24 and in yes cars. I too thought it was way too high. Considering the odometer reading and it’s a third owner. I have been trying to look at used compass or tucsons but very few are there in the right price bracket. Thank you for your feedback
Welcome, same here, everyone seems to quote price keeping in mind the current price of the same model whereas the current model would have many more features added since. Its difficult to initiate discussions at the price quoted
anandtheleo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 14:18   #14858
Distinguished - BHPian

Cousin has been searching for the old model Swift Dzire diesel, and had seen one on OLX. It is a 2011 model grey color, low run, and looks in good shape. I checked out the car - but the dealer is quoting 4.65, says may be 4.45 including RTO expenses.

We think this is on the higher side. Any thoughts on how much would be a fair price ?
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:00   #14859
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandtheleo View Post
Welcome, same here, everyone seems to quote price keeping in mind the current price of the same model
Completely agreed and I am amazed at the audacity. It is insane how people post 3-4 year old mid segment luxury & luxury cars at price close to their current ex-showroom price.
If this trend continues and people (god forbid) actually realize these kind of selling prices, owning a car will become an investment given our ever increasing taxes, inflation & input costs and ever decreasing rupee value.

While browsing as a thumb rule I keep tab on buy back offered by a manufacturer and offer 15-20% lower than that since manufacturers make money on exchange. Secondly, check insurance IDV as it gives actual picture of depreciation of the vehicle too. No matter at what IDV you get your car insured, insurance company will follow the IRDA depreciation formula for settling the claim in event of total loss barring back to invoice cases.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 15:59   #14860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Cousin has been searching for the old model Swift Dzire diesel, and had seen one on OLX. It is a 2011 model grey color, low run, and looks in good shape. I checked out the car - but the dealer is quoting 4.65, says may be 4.45 including RTO expenses.

We think this is on the higher side. Any thoughts on how much would be a fair price ?
its very high, can you trident used cars next to Trident Renault i saw one last week not sure if its still available.
Old 22nd September 2021, 16:01   #14861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
its very high, can you trident used cars next to Trident Renault i saw one last week not sure if its still available.
Yes, it's high. Btw, which location of Trident Renault
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:08   #14862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Yes, it's high. Btw, which location of Trident Renault
KR Puram

here you go with the address

No 111 & 124/125 B K R Puram, A Narayanapura, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560016

landmark: next to whitefield Honda
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 19:24   #14863
BHPian

Guys, my friend is looking at a used Honda Amaze 2014 model - 1.2 VX AT i-VTEC , 66,087 Kms run. Asking price is 4.9 lakhs. My friend is open to other options as well, his budget is 5 lakhs. His preference is sedan , petrol automatic. I'm clueless when it comes to used cars, so asking your suggestions here. Thanks in advance
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:12   #14864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys, my friend is looking at a used Honda Amaze 2014 model - 1.2 VX AT i-VTEC , 66,087 Kms run. Asking price is 4.9 lakhs. My friend is open to other options as well, his budget is 5 lakhs. His preference is sedan , petrol automatic. I'm clueless when it comes to used cars, so asking your suggestions here. Thanks in advance
I think this is too much price for a 7 year old well run Amaze. Reasonably run Jazz CVTs will newer vintage are around 7 Lakhs, which are anyday better than previous gen Amaze. The 2014 Amaze model is even older, I think it came with AT and not CVT. If he is keen on last gen amaze, ask him to scout for newer (post April 2016) Amaze. You can even suggest Dzire (new) automatic to him, in case it fits his budget.

I think he might as well consider new Dzire/Kiger etc unless there is an actual hard reason for keeping budget at 5 Lakh. In single digit lakh budgets, each increment brings a lot to table.
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 20:45   #14865
BHPian

With MG Astor launch around the corner, i am tempted to go for it by selling my 2017 Dzire ZXi+AGS.

My Dzire has 33K on the Odo,
Battery replaced couple of months back.
napa leather seats,
full service history along with extended warranty available.
Single owner
had 3M paint protect and under body coating done
Car body is in excellent condition (including couple of scratches)

How much can i expect for this car in Bangalore?
ant_vas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed