Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2022, 09:32   #15196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
Thanks a lot. Albeit I don’t need a 6 seater but in the same price I have been considering a new Seltos or MG ZS EV Excite version. The Innova makes a grand case for itself even 4 years old and 40000kms old.
If u can stretch the budget a bit.. u are better off buying the G variant brand new instead.. which will set u back an additional 3L but will serve you for 10 yrs without any issues. The seltos and MG are still to be proven long term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMaw View Post
https://www.cars24.com/buy-used-kia-...i-11398799719/

Used car market has gone out of wack. Either this is 1.5 Diesel or the cars24 is asking 2.5L premium on on-road price.
Looking at a lot of used car prices , it some how just makes sense to buy a new one. Problem though is that most new cars have a silly amount of waiting period.

Last edited by vb-saan : 19th June 2022 at 14:05. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
zombiedriver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2022, 18:08   #15197
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTC View Post
List it at 3 lacs. Sell it of you get more than 2.75.
Thanks HTC! This is roughly the same ballpark even I was looking at. I was getting online quotes around 1.5, which made me wonder whether I had my head in the clouds.
ChiragBasu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2022, 09:24   #15198
BHPian

Hi Folks,

What would be the right price for this car and how much FE can i expect on highways? All details available in the picture. Haven't started talking to the dealer yet. Currently driving Honda City 2016 vx CVT.

The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot-20220620-9.17.16-am.png
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot-20220620-9.17.11-am.png
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot-20220620-9.17.03-am.png
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot-20220620-9.16.54-am.png
Attachment 2322728

Thanks & Regards
Dev
Attached Thumbnails
The "USED" Car Price Check Thread-screenshot-20220620-9.17.32-am.png  

irdevanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 17:27   #15199
BHPian

I am looking at pre-owned car as a replacement for my 4-year old Ecosport. While I like many aspects of the Ecosport, I can't manage anymore with Ecosport's rock hard suspension (I have the Ti+ with 17inch alloys) especially given the state of roads in Bangalore. I don't want to invest more in changing rims and tyres in the hope of a better ride.

I didn't want to buy a new car since I plan to move to an EV once better options arrive in the market. So the idea is to get a comfortable used car for a couple of years at best and swap to an EV post that.

I have always liked the Tucson for its dignified looks and I love the space on offer. Its size is also perfect for Bangalore roads and has a nice ride quality.

I started looking around and found the following example. Request thoughts on what would be a fair quote for the car - -

Model: Tucson D-AT GLS (pre-facelift; no sunroof and old interiors)
City - Bangalore
Model year - 2018
Mileage: 28K

The car is being sold by Hyundai Promise (Hyundai's pre-owned program). It is backed by a 1year / 20K KM warranty from Hyundai.

Dealer is asking for 20L.
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 16:25   #15200
BHPian

What could be the ideal price for a 2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD model which has run 75000 kms and the condition seems to be ok in photos. I yet to see the car in person. Asking price is 12.5 L

Last edited by r_subbiah : 27th June 2022 at 16:48. Reason: Added the asking price
r_subbiah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 18:17   #15201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I am looking at pre-owned car as a replacement for my 4-year old Ecosport. While I like many aspects of the Ecosport, I can't manage anymore with Ecosport's rock hard suspension (I have the Ti+ with 17inch alloys) especially given the state of roads in Bangalore. I don't want to invest more in changing rims and tyres in the hope of a better ride.

I didn't want to buy a new car since I plan to move to an EV once better options arrive in the market. So the idea is to get a comfortable used car for a couple of years at best and swap to an EV post that.

I have always liked the Tucson for its dignified looks and I love the space on offer. Its size is also perfect for Bangalore roads and has a nice ride quality.

I started looking around and found the following example. Request thoughts on what would be a fair quote for the car - -

Model: Tucson D-AT GLS (pre-facelift; no sunroof and old interiors)
City - Bangalore
Model year - 2018
Mileage: 28K

The car is being sold by Hyundai Promise (Hyundai's pre-owned program). It is backed by a 1year / 20K KM warranty from Hyundai.

Dealer is asking for 20L.
Looks like a good price given the current market situation and usually high Bangalore prices, the car is fairly reliable and should hold good given the warranty, just check on the tyres as the O.E ones aren't that great. It's basically an international spec model for less than creta seltos money.
I'd say go for it, just get good tyres and a good insurance.

Cheers
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 19:21   #15202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
I’m just thinking outside the box here, is there any reason why you haven’t considered the Etios hatch with the petrol 1.5? That’ll save you the hassle of the engine upgrade in the 1.2.

No worries if you have your heart set on the Suzuki though.
That Suzuki plan never went ahead. Actually I am now searching for an Etios Liva 1.5 (Difficult) or the normal Etios 1.5 Sedan (Should be easily available). Was searching this thread and found your reply to my post.
Old 29th June 2022, 19:13   #15203
BHPian

What would be a fair price for a Feb'14 Maruti Celerio Vxi AMT done only 40000km. A friend of mine is selling and I intend to get it.I suggested him to evaluate at truevalue and I'll match it. He insists he'll take whatever I offer. Car is in good condition.
Old 29th June 2022, 19:58   #15204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_subbiah View Post
What could be the ideal price for a 2011 Volvo S60 T6 AWD model which has run 75000 kms and the condition seems to be ok in photos. I yet to see the car in person. Asking price is 12.5 L
Read the manual, 11 years old Volvo would require a lot of engine and transmission/gear periodic maintenance and missed scheduled maintenance. European cars (volvo is owned by chinese) are at best value to buy till 5-6 years mark so that one can enjoy it for another 3-5 years. If you are keen in getting one and can maintain them with time and money then the price seems to be almost right. Negotiate it to 11 and deal it at 12 only if its with 1st owner, no more than 10 if its with 2nd owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
What would be a fair price for a Feb'14 Maruti Celerio Vxi AMT done only 40000km. A friend of mine is selling and I intend to get it.I suggested him to evaluate at truevalue and I'll match it. He insists he'll take whatever I offer. Car is in good condition.
35% of the OTR at buying time.
Sran is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 10:25   #15205
BHPian

Thanks. But where can I find new car prices for the year 2014.
Old 30th June 2022, 11:17   #15206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
In my opinion 2.4 -2.5 lacs will be a good price since its well-maintained.
Old 1st July 2022, 09:32   #15207
BHPian

Hello All,

I wish to sell my Noida registered

Renault Duster August 2016 model (Amazon Green Colour)
Diesel
All Wheel Drive
run 80000 kms,
about 10000 kms life left on the Yokohama Geolander AT tyres.
with the following accessories:

1. Dash Cam
2. Custom-made roof carrier from Classic Noida
3. Manual Gear Lock

Maintained like a BHPian. Full Car History Available. Always and only serviced at Renault Authorised Service Center.

How much should I reasonably expect for the same?
Also, if anyone would be interested in buying, please DM.

Thanks
Touringlawyer
Touringlawyer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 20:33   #15208

Hi folks,

Need your advice in choosing a pre owned Maruti Suzuki Kizashi CVT. My major concern is the availability and expense of the spares. Would appreciate if any owners can throw some light.

Other details

Year : 2012
Kms run : 70000
Price : 5 L
Old 16th July 2022, 16:34   #15209
BHPian

A friend is buying a new car and letting go off his 4th Gen Honda City VX CVT (2015). I'm keen on picking it up for my wife now that office commute is back on cards. It's a single owned, around 70k kms done car. Two things I want to know from you guys:

1. Any watch-outs?

2. Fair price in Bangalore?
creative420 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2022, 16:50   #15210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
A friend is buying a new car and letting go off his 4th Gen Honda City VX CVT (2015).
Please do pass/DM me the lead in case you change your plan to proceed with it. I'm also scouting for a good CVT. Cheers!
Shanky_1002 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed