Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2022, 13:46   #15256
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Patience is the name of the game. And luck has quite a heavy influence too on these matters.

My SCross 1.6's previous owner had been looking out for a buyer for a while but without much success (IIRC). Parallel to that, I had spent several weeks searching for one (while evaluating a few dealer options).
Sold my 1.6 here few years ago. TBHP classifieds seem to be the best place for cars like 1.6.
Old 25th August 2022, 09:43   #15257

2021 Ford Endeavour Sport run 40K Kms, asking price is 34 Lakhs, what do you guys think is the right price?

Looking at the exorbitant prices on used ford endeavours in the market, especially the BS6 10 speed ones, do you think it is worth buying a car from a manufacturer which isn't here in india, for 30+ Lakh rupees? How do you think the value of these vehicles will hold up in the upcoming years?
Old 25th August 2022, 16:59   #15258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I feel there is a huge nexus between used car dealers and online sites like cars24 and OLX Cars etc.
I have been experiencing the same with my Swift 2016. Discouraging all dealers in advance and entertaining only actual user. The end user is also facing the same problem from the buyer's side. Have to be patient, no choice.
Capri89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2022, 20:07   #15259
BHPian

What would be a decent selling price for a 2015 Honda Mobilio which has done around 45k kms?

Visually it has some blemishes but mechanical wise, the car is in good condition
Old 25th August 2022, 21:15   #15260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulDrive View Post
I'm looking for a well maintained, 7-9 year old Safari Storme
Me too !

But only Varicor 400 VX 4×4 Past 2016-17.

None are listed anywhere.

Any idea about the price?

Thanks all.
Old 27th August 2022, 21:16   #15261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I feel there is a huge nexus between used car dealers and online sites like cars24 and OLX Cars etc. I have been trying to get a reasonable price for my 2018 1.6 SX diesel Creta which has just done 28k and has new tyres, new battery, a new HU and a lot more. None of these guys are quoting more than 10.5 lakhs, whereas i cannot find a single listing for a similar car in any site for less than 13 lakhs! I also tried to get a price for my wife’s Elite i20, 2018 Petrol magna executive with just 6500kms on the Odo, but here again nothing more than 6.20 lakhs. And no similar listing less than 7.5 lakhs anywhere!

Quoting my earlier post. I have been trying to sell either one of my cars so that i can upgrade to an automatic. The last prices i have received are 6.65 lakhs for my Elite i20 and around 11.5 lakhs for the Creta. In fact, i really dont have a concrete offer on the Creta as yet, but one agent has committed to close this between 11.5 to 12. Whereas for the i20, i have a confirmed offer of 6.5 from the new car dealer ( including exchange bonus) and around 6.65 from an agent.

Im a little confused as to which car to let go. On one hand, the i20 is as good as new, but at 6.5 or 6.65 i dont stand to lose a great deal. On the other hand, the creta at 11.5 or 12 has a higher depreciation, since i bought it for around 16 and i have also spent quite a bit on the car. If i sell the creta, then there is less pressure on my next car loan, thats a big advantage. And we really dont need a big car considering we are getting a compass, but im a little reluctant to sell the Creta because i have really done a lot of work on the car. With the i20 i can be at peace if i sell at the above price knowing that i have not taken a big hit, however i have a bigger gap to my new car purchase, meaning a higher loan and a higher emi.

Last edited by motorworks : 27th August 2022 at 21:18.
motorworks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 00:09   #15262
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my earlier post. I have been trying to sell either one of my cars so that i can upgrade to an automatic. The last prices i have received are 6.65 lakhs for my Elite i20 and around 11.5 lakhs for the Creta. In fact, i really dont have a concrete offer on the Creta as yet, but one agent has committed to close this between 11.5 to 12. Whereas for the i20, i have a confirmed offer of 6.5 from the new car dealer ( including exchange bonus) and around 6.65 from an agent.

Im a little confused as to which car to let go. On one hand, the i20 is as good as new, but at 6.5 or 6.65 i dont stand to lose a great deal. On the other hand, the creta at 11.5 or 12 has a higher depreciation, since i bought it for around 16 and i have also spent quite a bit on the car. If i sell the creta, then there is less pressure on my next car loan, thats a big advantage. And we really dont need a big car considering we are getting a compass, but im a little reluctant to sell the Creta because i have really done a lot of work on the car. With the i20 i can be at peace if i sell at the above price knowing that i have not taken a big hit, however i have a bigger gap to my new car purchase, meaning a higher loan and a higher emi.
Well what would you do with two SUVish vehicle together. You have to either sell creta or cancel your compass booking. As I 20 being a hatchback, has different dynamics, it doesn't make sense to sell it. I feel since you have done a lot of work on Creta, enjoy it for few more years along with the i20.
In case if you have to have an automatic, you need to sell creta,
Regards

Last edited by fawad0222 : 28th August 2022 at 00:13.
fawad0222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 00:09   #15263
BHPian

Quote:
Im a little confused as to which car to let go.
You are in a situation which I get so very often with mobiles and end up making the wrong decision, always.
Keeping a mobile as a spare never works. No matter how much costly it is. I just see it getting worthless over the years in my possession.

Take decision based on usage. Once the Compass comes, which car you will nearly stop using? Sell that car.

Last edited by MT_Hyderabad : 28th August 2022 at 00:13.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:08   #15264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadsense View Post
Pristine condition. No accidents. Owner travelling abroad and is selling it. Asking price: 19L.

I am not sure this is fair price. Also, wanted to check on how jeep compass model is faring on second hand market?
I have been looking for a 4x4 automatic for last 3 months at a decent price to no avail. The dealers have ganged up.

I presume it's the facelift with new dash design. What you are getting is a 2 year old car for 30% depreciation on today's price, I suggest you bring it down to 18 and if you're lucky you might get it. Dealers will give him less than 18 and won't sell it to you for less than 20-21, that is how Bangalore market is. Play the card that you will transfer it asap, no dealer can give that assurance, and if the seller is going abroad, it's a big plus card he can't ignore. Nobody wants legal / police notices coming to them in foreign land months and years after the car is sold.
zulfi hansi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 11:32   #15265
BHPian

Hello,

Looking for some ideas on how much is the right buy price for the 2018 BMW 3 series m330i and 5 series 520d luxury line with 20000 to 25000 km on the ODO?
Old 28th August 2022, 13:24   #15266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
What would be a decent selling price for a 2015 Honda Mobilio which has done around 45k kms?

Visually it has some blemishes but mechanical wise, the car is in good condition
Look to buy the same or near same model in used car website like Cars24, Spinny etc. and then price your car 20 k or so less. But be flexible for a further cut depending on the situation and your urgency.
Capri89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 09:31   #15267
BHPian

I am on the fence exploring Pajero AT 4x4 in Bangalore. I have read through this forum and posts from Pajero owners and am getting a fair confidence of taking the plunge if I get my hands on the good car. I think all ATs that were sold in India are 4x2's only. Is that correct? The international ones had 4x4 available then.

Overall I know it is a well built car that can take the abuse and last long. I am looking to keep it atleast 7-10 years like I normally do with my cars. The car would be used primarily in the city for the weekend vacation runs and 4x4 trails as time allows it

I am currently searching the used car marketplace for good examples that I can explore. All the sites (Carwale, Cardekho, cartrade and olx) have the same examples listed across all the platforms. Maybe same dealers cross selling across platforms. Are there any other forums I can explore (I constantly look the classifieds section here!)

I have a few questions though:

1. What would be the average annual maintenance cost for 5-7 year old car? Would it be under 30k per year. I am assuming general service once a year?

2. All the cars I see are only BSIV. In Bangalore if I buy a BSIV vehicle would it have any repercussions?

3. Can I have some references of a good mechanic who can help me to evaluate the car should I need and what would be the charge / fees one has to keep in mind

4. Do we get detailed service history of these vehicles as Mitsubishi is not present anymore? I understand as of today, there is no major shortage of parts from established service centers.

5. The price point ranges from 15L to 22L based on the year of manufacture (2016 and above). I know there will be negotiations involved, what would be the ideal price range for me to pursue.
diwakarmuthu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 16:29   #15268
BHPian

Quote:
Im a little confused as to which car to let go. On one hand, the i20 is as good as new, but at 6.5 or 6.65 i dont stand to lose a great deal. On the other hand, the creta at 11.5 or 12 has a higher depreciation, since i bought it for around 16 and i have also spent quite a bit on the car.
You should ignore sunk costs and go by the use cases that make sense now. Sell the Creta even if you have done the work as the new car is Creta++. i20 is a better city run-about with lower future operating/maintenance expenses. And the new vehicle will fill the gap left by the Creta.
puntOOs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 17:19   #15269
BHPian

How much should I expect for my Nov 2011 Honda City SMT?
(4 years left in Delhi NCR)

> Few scratches on bumpers and doors but no dents
> All original paint
> 81000 KM
> Miscl accessories like aftermarket horn, branded 7D mats, dash cam, LEDs, window shades, etc.
> Comprehensive insurance and tyres/ battery in great condition
> Suspension, clutch, brakes also in great condition

TIA

Last edited by rayjaycleoful : 1st September 2022 at 17:21.
rayjaycleoful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2022, 21:48   #15270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
I am on the fence exploring Pajero AT 4x4 in Bangalore. I think all ATs that were sold in India are 4x2's only. Is that correct?
Pajero Sport ATs are 4x2 plus the ATs have drum brakes on the rear wheels. I've used AT and MT SUVs and would personally recommend a Pajero Sport 4x4 MT over its AT sibling anyday.

Quote:
Are there any other forums I can explore (I constantly look the classifieds section here!)
Facebook marketplace is another option, but I'd not be surprised if you see the same cars of other platforms listed there too. Newspaper ads (I know these might be old style, but there are still many who use this as a platform)

For your questions, answers are in line
Quote:
1. What would be the average annual maintenance cost for 5-7 year old car? Would it be under 30k per year.

Routine service shouldn't be more than INR 15k tops

2. All the cars I see are only BSIV. In Bangalore if I buy a BSIV vehicle would it have any repercussions?

Pajero Sport comes only as a BSIV. As long as it is a KA registered car, I see no issue.

3. Can I have some references of a good mechanic who can help me to evaluate the car should I need and what would be the charge / fees one has to keep in mind

Can't help here as I know no one. However, there is one Mani in LRM Automobiles Chennai who is supposedly good.

4. Do we get detailed service history of these vehicles as Mitsubishi is not present anymore? I understand as of today, there is no major shortage of parts from established service centers.

Mitsubishi service centers should be able to provide service history. There is no issue with respect to parts availability.

5. The price point ranges from 15L to 22L based on the year of manufacture (2016 and above). I know there will be negotiations involved, what would be the ideal price range for me to pursue.

INR 12L to 15L is a fair range to define for a Pajero Sport AT in Karnataka.

Last edited by vigsom : 1st September 2022 at 21:51.
vigsom is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks