Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2022, 10:42   #15271
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
Pajero Sport ATs are 4x2 plus the ATs have drum brakes on the rear wheels. I've used AT and MT SUVs and would personally recommend a Pajero Sport 4x4 MT over its AT sibling anyday.

Facebook marketplace is another option, but I'd not be surprised if you see the same cars of other platforms listed there too. Newspaper ads (I know these might be old style, but there are still many who use this as a platform)

For your questions, answers are in line
Vigsom thanks for the clarification. To live in Bangalore and drive a manual for my office commute, I don't think this would be the right decision. Will keep shopping around, but since I am looking for a 4x4 with AT, maybe I need to explore other brands too
Old 3rd September 2022, 13:54   #15272
BHPian

Hi
What would be a good price for a Skoda octavia L&K mfg - Aug 2021, registered Mar 2022 in Noida
Car has clocked 8k n is in a very good condition.
//Also, is a 8 months diff between mfg n registration a concern? As per the owner, he bought it as he was getting decent discount on last year Skoda n he got it in 2 weeks then. Invoice date is also of March only. My only concern is that it shouldn’t be a demo vehicle . Doesn’t look like one as the condition is good
anish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2022, 23:43   #15273
BHPian

Hi all,

Have been checking apps and websites for a good used car in Bangalore. Happened to see a 2020 venue 1.0 turbo GDI DCT SX+ DT with ~15.5k on odo. What could be a good price to offer for this? Car seems to be in good condition but yet to take a test drive.

Also, any contacts for a reliable person to evaluate the car as I am new to Bangalore? Is Gomechanic a good option for this? Thank you!
Old 5th September 2022, 05:38   #15274
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beez View Post
Hi all,

Have been checking apps and websites for a good used car in Bangalore. Happened to see a 2020 venue 1.0 turbo GDI DCT SX+ DT with ~15.5k on odo. What could be a good price to offer for this? Car seems to be in good condition but yet to take a test drive.

Also, any contacts for a reliable person to evaluate the car as I am new to Bangalore? Is Gomechanic a good option for this? Thank you!
It all depends on the condition, It could range anywhere from 10.5 lakh to 11.5 lakhs, depending on the condition, scratches, accident history, do take a test drive, compare used car prices by looking at what spinny.com and cars24 offer on selling the same model, if it is close to what you are getting it for, you've struck yourself a good deal, As cars have long waiting periods these days, used car prices are also on the higher side. You could also use a tool called OBV to get a rough idea of used car prices.
bijims is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 13:34   #15275

Hello everyone. This is my first post in the forum.

What would be a good price for used Honda city with the below specs?
- City 5th generation
- V CVT
- 2,500 Kms run
- Well maintained without dings/scratches
- Sep 2021 model
- Bangalore city
- No additional accessories/extended warranty/zero depreciation

I am looking to upgrade mainly for the Automatic gear shift and a larger car.
viv.krish is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2022, 22:02   #15276
BHPian

Hi all,

I am looking to buy a used luxury SUV, and came across a Hyundai Tucson 2017 model 4WD/AWD Diesel AT which is available for Rs 15L or so, 2nd owner, on Cars24.

Few questions on this:
1. I have not sold/bought from Cars 24 yet. Is it safe to buy from them? Is it advisable to do a check with Hyundai A.S.S or local garage before buying?

2. How is Hyundai Tucson car, I mean will it be safe, reliable in the long run? I know the latest one goes way outside my budget, but was looking for something under 25L. Are there any known issues which I should know about?

3. What should be a good price in case I have to negotiate? Since its a 4WD AT, I am assuming it would be 26-28L new. Considering its 2nd owner already, what should be price for a good condition car (no major accidents).

Thanks
yaleen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 07:05   #15277
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by viv.krish View Post
Hello everyone. This is my first post in the forum.

What would be a good price for used Honda city with the below specs?
- City 5th generation
- V CVT
- 2,500 Kms run
- Well maintained without dings/scratches
- Sep 2021 model
- Bangalore city
- No additional accessories/extended warranty/zero depreciation

I am looking to upgrade mainly for the Automatic gear shift and a larger car.
Considering the details given, it's quite a good car you found here, so a deal in the whereabouts of Rs. 13-13.5 lakhs would be a good one considering the on-road price of 16 lakhs in Bangalore
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 09:06   #15278
BHPian

Re: Used Tata Safari Storme Varicor 400

Hi, there is one Tata Safari Storme VX Varicor 400, 2016 model with 64K running available for Rs 8.5 Lakhs. I'm on two minds, but could anyone please advice me on the following questions;

1. How is the reliability of VX Varicor 400 version compared to previous generation Tata Safari Stormes?
2. What kind of preventive maintenance needed to be done for 64K running vehicle? Existing owners may please enlighten
3. Is there any specific problem related to Tata Safari I should look for while inspecting the car before purchasing?
4. Is 8.5 lakh is a good price in Karnataka. On various car resale fora, the estimated price is about 6.5 to 7 lakhs

Thank you all in advance
Old 8th September 2022, 20:03   #15279

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
Considering the details given, it's quite a good car you found here, so a deal in the whereabouts of Rs. 13-13.5 lakhs would be a good one considering the on-road price of 16 lakhs in Bangalore
Thank you for the revert.

The owner was quoting 14.5L and was ready to come down to 14L. The car doesn't have the optional packages which Honda offers (Extended warranty, Road side assistance, Nil dep premium, Engine protector). Assuming I can get this added, it will cost around 25K.

I was looking at a price of 12L. With the above mentioned optional package, ceramic coating, mats and few other essential accessories, it will come up to 13L on road. Does this look ok?
Old 14th September 2022, 13:13   #15280
Senior - BHPian

What is a good price to expect for a single-owner 2012 Scorpio SLE with comprehensive insurance, run 1.5L kms in Chennai ? It has a few dents and rusting.

Is recently serviced & has new battery & wiperMotor (July2022), and AC Compressor was replaced in October 2019.
Thanks !!!
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:00   #15281
BHPian

I recently came across a 2019 BSIV 4x4 model here in Bangalore. The car was listed in carwale and I visited the dealer to have a test drive. The car looks in good shape and has done 25k in the last 4 years. Before I start my negotiation, I wanted to highlight a few of my observations and take your inputs if I decide to press the buy button.

Drive Impressions
1. The car is wide and imposing to drive. Takes some time to get adjusted to the road. This inspite of me driving the 2nd gen Scorpio for over 13 years

2. The drive is planted in city and the gear shifts were smooth for city conditions. The suspension tuning is much better. I will need to take it for a drive in the highway to ascertain the body roll.

3. The engine pickup was smooth and gear shifts were linear. Pretty much no noise in the cabin for city runs. My understanding is once it crosses 1800-2000 rpm, some noise will filter into the cabin.

4. On the body, I observed a few small dents that can be missed a) a small dent on the bonnet. The bonnet also had some very minor paint chippings, probably on account of small stone hitting the car while driving on the higbway, b) on the left rear door, there is a small dent and some paint chipping as well. It took some time for me to identify that as it is very light.

5. When I checked the service history, I got to understand that the front bumper was repainted, not sure why it was done. I will be talking to the service center to understand it further,

6. In the front bumper near the number plate there was some chipping of the plastic, not looking bad though

7. The car in OEM form came with Hancook 255/60/R18 wheels. But I observed that the front two tyres were changed to Bridgestone Duellers. When queried further, I got to understand that the owner had asked the service center to change the tyres. Not sure if there was a major accident or the tyres were bad that they changed. I checked the tread and it was good enough for atleast another 30k. I have asked for more details. I hope the car was not part of a major accident.

8. The Steering wheel is too thin to my liking. Some chunk would have been good to hold. Also for city speeds the steering wheel is pretty responsive. For very slow speeds it does take some effort, but much better than the Scorpio.

9. The horn pad positioning was pretty bad. It takes effort to press the pad and doing it with a thumb was too much of effort.

10. All other things including AC, lights, sunroof and other were working without any issue.

Overall, I find the car an interesting proposition. If I can get some clarifications from the service center and insurance company and I am convinced enough about the spares and availability, I may take the plunge

However one dilemma I continue to face is the cost. I may end up paying the same on road price of ScorpioN Z8 AT. Agreed, it is completely two different segments, but on one hand I could get a brand new car with no niggles / issues (Fingers crossed M&M) or I could take the luxury root and put my money on this car if my mechanic checks it out.

Do you guys believe that if I get a good deal on the Alturas, I can take the plunge? What price point do you believe would be a good one?
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 17:07   #15282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno View Post
What is a good price to expect for a single-owner 2012 Scorpio SLE with comprehensive insurance, run 1.5L kms in Chennai ? It has a few dents and rusting.

Is recently serviced & has new battery & wiperMotor (July2022), and AC Compressor was replaced in October 2019.
Thanks !!!
Approx 3.5 to 4L. Please check out the rust in multiple areas:

1. Front doors near the place where the fender and doors are connected

2. Rear doors bottom corners

3. Tailgate bottom

Also check all the areas where the plastic cladding is connecting to the sheet metal. If there are gaps, it would evidently lead to rusting.

Chennai with its tropical climate leads to more rusting. So you need to watch the place from where you are picking up the car. If it is closer to the beach, I would suggest you stay away
diwakarmuthu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 21:36   #15283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwakarmuthu View Post
Approx 3.5 to 4L. Please check out the rust in multiple areas
Sorry. I guess I wasn't clear enough.
I was enquiring about selling price for a friend's Scorpio.
Old 16th September 2022, 06:51   #15284
BHPian

I sold my Scorpio SLE (Dec) 2010 for 4.65L. My selling experience, here (Which online classifieds / website did you successfully sell your car on?).
haribalram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 12:16   #15285
Senior - BHPian

Audi invitation for pre-owned cars event at Kolhapur:-

Name:  thumbnail.png
Views: 469
Size:  225.5 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks