Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2022, 10:32   #15361

Need advise on pricing my car

Hello

This is my first post here, and please delete/move this post to an appropriate thread if I posted it in the wrong section.

I don't know if I'm letting go of my for a low price.

Details of the vehicle

xuv300 - W8 Diesel (August 2019);
MH 14 regd
Napoli black;
22000 on odo;
Comprehensive insurance till 27 July 23;
All 4 tyres are new; changed them at 18000 km (warranty till 06 September 2024);
The vehicle has an extended warranty till 06 August 2024;
The vehicle has request sensors on both the front doors, and there is ambient interior lighting, too (for those confused with the feature deletions in later models)
&
I am the first owner if this info is needed.

Condition of the vehicle

Some minor day to bday usage scratches on the body;
Perfect service history;
The Hood and left side rear quarter panel were repainted (two bikers; two separate incidents where they managed to dent and scratch the car).

Mods/Accessories

Seat covers from Mahindra;
Osram Cool Blue Boost 80-watt halogens in high and low barrels;
Right-sized the alloys from 17 inches to 16 inches with more tyre sidewall;
Blacked out some silver and chrome parts on the front and rear bumpers.

The highest I was offered was 9 lakh; I feel it's less. (the offer was by Cars24)

Please suggest the right price, as I've browsed endlessly only to find similar vehicles priced from 11.5 to 13.

I have the patience to sell the car by myself. So what should I do now? Slightly worried about the year's end; that's pretty much it.
voiddoge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 11:20   #15362
Team-BHP Support

Re: Need advise on pricing my car

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiddoge View Post
The highest I was offered was 9 lakh; I feel it's less. (the offer was by Cars24). Please suggest the right price, as I've browsed endlessly only to find similar vehicles priced from 11.5 to 13.
When listing, add 15% to 20% to Cars24/Spinny quote and give it away for 10% higher price (around 10L)
SmartCat is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 11:31   #15363

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
When listing, add 15% to 20% to Cars24/Spinny quote and give it away for 10% higher price (around 10L)
Would I loose more money if I wait till January?
Old 26th December 2022, 11:36   #15364
BHPian

I have the patience to sell the car by myself. So what should I do now? Slightly worried about the year's end; that's pretty much it.[/quote]

I recommend that you place an ad on OLX and Facebook Marketplace; you will get a better price.

You will get 10 to 10.5 if you have patience.
SanjayW is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 15:12   #15365
BHPian

Re: The "USED" Car Price Check Thread

I am looking to sell my 2011 Ford Figo Diesel that has run 1L KM. I had booked evaluations from Cars24 and Spinny. Both gave almost the exact same quote (considerably less than Orange Book Value), probably because they auction participants are the same dealers. Spinny confirmed that only auction is possible as the car is greater than 10 years old. I will list it in TBHP classifieds too, but don't have much patience/time to find the right individual buyer.
vinodh_eee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2022, 16:30   #15366
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinodh_eee View Post
I am looking to sell my 2011 Ford Figo Diesel that has run 1L KM.
Is it possible to share the offer you received here? I too have same vehicle from same year but with slightly more run. Would help me as a reference.
Old 26th December 2022, 17:55   #15367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Is it possible to share the offer you received here? I too have same vehicle from same year but with slightly more run. Would help me as a reference.
OBV was around 2.35L. I told them I am expecting 1.95L. Their quotes were in the 1.4L to 1.5L region. Since both of them are auctioning, I am guessing the prices are almost the same. I casually browsed for cars of similar vintage in CarWale. Most of the 2011 models are listed for above 2.5L and some even at 2.75L. This means, the 3rd party dealers are keeping a margin of around 1L for a 11-year-old vehicle. This is too much IMHO.
vinodh_eee is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2022, 07:17   #15368

Hello,

I am looking to buy a used car as my first/learning car with hard limit of 2 lakhs I am purchasing since I am feeling very unsafe on my bike travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. I figured any car is better than my passion pro bike. I would be driving around 100-200 kms per month. And every six months a 250 kms tour.

I have found an Tata Indica V2 2012 car with 140000 odometer reading at 155000 rupees price. Wondering if it is okay to buy this or wait until my budget increases and purchase something better? Is there anything I should be aware before buying this car?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.
Old 2nd January 2023, 00:11   #15369
BHPian

Just adding to the information here,

Sold my Hyundai Verna June 2019 SX(O) Auto
for 9.3L to a dealer in Bangalore.

43K km on the odo.
Haven't replaced tyres or battery.
Spinny offered 8.95, cars 24 7.7L.

Last edited by carnutfrombanga : 2nd January 2023 at 00:20.
carnutfrombanga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 00:13   #15370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardRoark View Post
Hello,

I am looking to buy a used car as my first/learning car with hard limit of 2 lakhs I am purchasing since I am feeling very unsafe on my bike travelling with my wife and 1 year old daughter. I figured any car is better than my passion pro bike. I would be driving around 100-200 kms per month. And every six months a 250 kms tour.

I have found an Tata Indica V2 2012 car with 140000 odometer reading at 155000 rupees price. Wondering if it is okay to buy this or wait until my budget increases and purchase something better? Is there anything I should be aware before buying this car?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions/advice.

Please don’t. Atleast get an old Swift or Santro for that kind of usage. Indica’s are not only a money pit, they will also leave you stranded.
Cresterk is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 00:46   #15371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Look for an Alto in the price range you are looking for - you might find decent options of 2010-2015 manufactured for the same budget. If you are lucky, you might get decent options of other Maruti models (e.g. WagonR, Swift). Those would be the safer options to go for rather than a Tata Indica; especially one that's done 1.4L kms.
ninjatalli is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 06:30   #15372
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if that one is with the 1.4 Dicor. If not, then I speak from experience of 1.65L km between two cars, over 8 years in the family that the older 1.4 Turbo engine is a tractor in terms of refinement. The interiors are also very basic.

For your usage, suggest a well maintained petrol Swift, even if a bit old. Alto and other smaller Maruti's would be small, though a decent small car.
condor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:34   #15373
BHPian

I am planning to buy a used Fortuner AT, but the prices in Bangalore are absurd. After the Hycross launch, is there any chance of price reduction for Used Fortuners?
Old 2nd January 2023, 11:06   #15374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
I am planning to buy a used Fortuner AT, but the prices in Bangalore are absurd. After the Hycross launch, is there any chance of price reduction for Used Fortuners?
Fortuners are always going to be expensive, my cousin is being offered the same price as what he paid 2 years ago and 60k additional running. The prices of new vehicles have also gone up, there might be room for negotiation, some listings are on olx for a long time.
avira_tk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2023, 12:27   #15375
BHPian

My Brother in Law is planning to buy a 2018 Ford Ecosport Petrol AT variant which has run around 50K Kms and asking price is around 8.5 L. Please let me know if it worth now with the exit of Ford from India. I have been hearing the service has been good and no issues what so ever from few of the Ford users I have known.
Also what are the items to check in this AT variant before finalizing the deal?
CarCraze is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed