Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2010, 10:02   #1
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Yeti Right of way expedition

Saw news about Skoda Yeti right of way expedition. The off-roading journey of discovery will span over 30 days and 3000kms. The ad says 12 seats awaiting 12 explorers.

Please login to www.rightofway.co.in for more info.

Mods: Please delete, if its already being discussed/move to appropriate section.

Thanks,

Last edited by coolclouds : 17th December 2010 at 10:05.
Old 17th December 2010, 10:30   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Skoda Yeti Right of way expedition

yes there was an item in the Bangalore Mirror last page on this
might be worth a try since there are 12 slots left

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolclouds View Post
Saw news about Skoda Yeti right of way expedition. The off-roading journey of discovery will span over 30 days and 3000kms. The ad says 12 seats awaiting 12 explorers.

Please login to www.rightofway.co.in for more info.

Mods: Please delete, if its already being discussed/move to appropriate section.

Thanks,
Old 17th December 2010, 12:33   #3
BHPian

Ads have been in the tube for a couple of weeks now. Good move I guess, clearly shows the segment they are targeting for the Yeti.
Old 17th December 2010, 18:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Ads have been in the tube for a couple of weeks now. Good move I guess, clearly shows the segment they are targeting for the Yeti.
My '2 cents', if you pardon the pun, is that they have got it wrong with the positioning of this expedition vis a vis their target demographic.

Look at the rules and regulations, and you see it is primarily a "reality" show, with quite a lot of "physical" bits as well. This seems to be a "MTV Roadies" type of thing.

Unfortunately, the age group for that and the age group who can afford a casual cross over running up to 20.75L in some parts of the country are two different animals.

The people who can buy are not the people who have time to run around for 30 days doing various reality show sound-bytes.

The actual demographic for this probably might be able to take on a segment or two of the expedition, not the entire thing. I know I did not sign up for exactly this reason.

No one is arguing about quasi off-roading credentials. The expedition will play to those strengths. But the cast might not be the one to accurately represent the demographic who will end up buying this.

I see a disconnect here.
Old 17th December 2010, 22:53   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackingride View Post

Look at the rules and regulations, and you see it is primarily a "reality" show, with quite a lot of "physical" bits as well. This seems to be a "MTV Roadies" type of thing.

Unfortunately, the age group for that and the age group who can afford a casual cross over running up to 20.75L in some parts of the country are two different animals.

The people who can buy are not the people who have time to run around for 30 days doing various reality show sound-bytes.

The actual demographic for this probably might be able to take on a segment or two of the expedition, not the entire thing. I know I did not sign up for exactly this reason.
With you on that. The details about the 'expedition' (as they call it) is not fully clear from what I read, but is it really go for one full month?! I don't think any one, in any age group, will have that kind of time to spare, the dates being decided by Skoda. But under 'Profiles' you may see that one trip is already over, lasted for just two days. Profiles of the winners looks like the demography you can expect to afford, and suit, a Yeti.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:56   #6
Senior - BHPian

And it starts with liking Skoda India on facebook

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks