Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2010, 14:45   #1
BHPian

Do ricks or taxis have insurance cover?

This topic is purely for knowledge.

I have always wondered if Auto-rickshaws & Taxis are required to pay for self & third-party insurance? I mean, at least legally, they should be charged a premium for plying on the roads with private vehicles that are paying thousands of rupees every year for self & third-party insurance.

In short, does a private vehicle owner have access to a third party insurance claim in case of an accident with a rickshaw or taxi?
Old 18th December 2010, 18:33   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Do ricks or taxis have insurance cover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fornax View Post
This topic is purely for knowledge.

I have always wondered if Auto-rickshaws & Taxis are required to pay for self & third-party insurance? I mean, at least legally, they should be charged a premium for plying on the roads with private vehicles that are paying thousands of rupees every year for self & third-party insurance.

In short, does a private vehicle owner have access to a third party insurance claim in case of an accident with a rickshaw or taxi?
Yes, all vehicles(private+public) registered and plying on roads are required to have atleast 3rd-party insurance in place, they can be challanned for not having one, but its another thing that most Auto-rickshaws dont renew it and hence dont have it in place.
Old 18th December 2010, 18:58   #3
Team-BHP Support

Re: Do ricks or taxis have insurance cover?

Vehicles, private or otherwise, are mandated by law to have Insurance. Renewing it or not is, of course a diff. story.

I wonder how many Autos, taxis (apart from those owned by companies like Meru etc) and even trucks actually have a valid Insurance policy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks