Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2011, 15:39   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE

Dear Rahul - congratulations to you / your father on a 1000 kms trip completed flawlessly. As the tailpipe of this 118NE is on the LH side, it is running on the electronic fuel pump which I had engineered in this model. I knew it would work, it has worked. I feel good. Thanks.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 15:59   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Rahul - congratulations to you / your father on a 1000 kms trip completed flawlessly. As the tailpipe of this 118NE is on the LH side, it is running on the electronic fuel pump which I had engineered in this model. I knew it would work, it has worked. I feel good. Thanks.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
I have a Kyosan-Denki Mechanical fuel pump in my '89 model but have never faced any problem. Then why change to elecetronic.
Sir you need to explain this >>
Old 5th June 2011, 16:02   #63
BHPian

Nice to see you on this thread Mr. Dhabhar! Thanks for your note! It feels good to know that we have someone who has first hand knowledge and experience in the design of these cars! The total distance of the trip was close to 1500 kms. Hyderabad to Horsley Hills is 550 kms. Plus we did 350 to 400 kms around Horsley Hills visiting places like Talakona. The car's performance was excellent especially on ghat roads.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 16:13   #64
BHPian

Quote:

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Behrambhai,
Can you pl. guide to what is the solution to the vapour lock problem in the 118NE? I could not find it anywhere in your forums.
Old 5th June 2011, 19:33   #65
BHPian

Hey Rahul

Amazing pictures and lovely car!

We had an NE, white colour from 1993 to 1999.

My dad purchased the NE after looking at the Maruthi 1000. At that time my brother and I really liked the 1000 and didnt like his choice. He said the ride and comfort is just unbeatable.

Later on in 1996 when I got my license I understood what he really meant.

The slick gearbox and the super silent engine - I still miss our car and wish we had held onto it. It was not a viceroy and did have a lot of rust by the time we sold it. (Primary reason we sold it)

Once again lovely car and wish you all the very best with it!

Hope to visit and see the car sometime. (With your dad's and your consent of course)
Old 5th June 2011, 20:11   #66
Senior - BHPian

Behram sirji has explained the vapour lock issue beautifully here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2306193
Old 6th June 2011, 15:54   #67
Senior - BHPian

Behram sir,

Could you please explain what the Cannister does and why it was put on the later models of the NE and its benefits. Do any other car or modern cars come with this? I have seen it only on Scarlet_Rider's Viceroy, haven't seen it on any other NE till date. Did only the Viceroys come with this?
Old 6th June 2011, 16:59   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Dear K.K.Vaidya - Karthik has posted the link to the thread where I have explained the vapour lock issue in detail. If you want further information, please indicate.

Dear Karthik - the "canister" is a part of the "evaporative emission control system" which became a part of CMVR in 1996. This test essentially controls the emissions let out by the fuel system when the car is at rest. The EEC limit was 2 grams per test, however, there was a relaxation upto 6 grams per test. The actual test was carried out in a room called the "soak room" which was located bang opposite the Emission Certification Laboratory inside ARAI Pune. The temperature inside the soak room was controlled to 25 degrees C and the humidity was controlled to 25%. The "canister" is supposed to soak in all the "fumes" emanating from the fuel system when the car stands overnight and then draw those fumes into the intake manifold to be burnt by the engine as soon as the car was started.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2011, 18:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot sir!

Just one small doubt, might sound stupid though. I will still ask it out.

Does the fumes being burnt the next start increase the car's efficiency by any chance?
Old 6th June 2011, 22:47   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Could you please explain what the Cannister does and why it was put on the later models of the NE and its benefits. Do any other car or modern cars come with this? I have seen it only on Scarlet_Rider's Viceroy, haven't seen it on any other NE till date. Did only the Viceroys come with this?
Karthik : You can get more details about this on the Fiat 1100 / PP Technical Information Thread after the following post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2346874

Rahul Waghmare.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2011, 17:47   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
Behram sirji has explained the vapour lock issue beautifully here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2306193
OK. So to summarize, do i need to have a electronic fuel pump to get rid of this problem? Or i mis-understood?
Old 11th June 2011, 23:59   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
OK. So to summarize, do i need to have a electronic fuel pump to get rid of this problem? Or i mis-understood?
Dear K.K.Vaidya - yes, you need the electronic fuel pump with connections done exactly as described in the procedure detailed by me, otherwise the car will stall when climbing a gradient in hot weather. I am very clear on this as I have tested the car on the old Mumbai Pune ghat road for 19 days in one month, climbing it, knowing that it will stall, knowing where it will stall, actually stalling it, restarting it, coming down, changing the dress level and going up again, 4 times every day! .

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2011, 10:24   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Dear K.K.Vaidya - yes, you need the electronic fuel pump with connections done exactly as described in the procedure detailed by me

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear Behrambhai: Can you please guide me on the Best electronic pump availbale in the market? Also will i need to change the exhaust piping from right to left or can I somehow manage with keeping the piping intact?
Old 15th June 2011, 15:02   #74
BHPian

Quote:
The "canister" is a part of the "evaporative emission control system" which became a part of CMVR in 1996.
Although it appears to be a sealed unit, was curious to know whether this canister requires any sort of maintenance or servicing. Does it have a life span after which it needs to be replaced?

Rahul Waghmare.
Attached Thumbnails
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-cannister.jpg  

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 15th June 2011 at 15:03.
Old 15th June 2011, 16:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

The canister is filled with charcoal, and over aperiod of time will get blocked. Easy test is to blow air and if it passes the stuff is all right else we need to change, this is what I know of.
manishalive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks