Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2011, 10:49   #91
BHPian

re: Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Thanks for the Photoshop effort KkVaidya!! I still feel that classic cars should have a paint with glossy finish and a period shade. The matt finish goes well with a few modern cars.
Yes Rahul, with you on that. Well then when do we see the beige on your viceroy.
Old 21st August 2011, 11:00   #92
BHPian

I have also found another 2 classic shades that would look good on the viceroy:
1. Red
2. Black

I have some pictures of Fiat 124 in these 2 shades >>
Attached Thumbnails
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-fiat-1243.jpg  

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-fiat-1248.jpg  

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-sigi01.jpg  

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-fiat125_1967_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg  

KkVaidya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2011, 12:34   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KkVaidya View Post
Well then when do we see the beige on your viceroy.
As I mentioned in a previous post, the Viceroy will be done sometime in the future and not immediately. There are no issues with the body or the engine as of now.

Quote:
I have also found another 2 classic shades that would look good on the viceroy: 1. Red 2. Black. I have some pictures of Fiat 124 in these 2 shades >>
Thanks for the cool pictures! The last picture looks the best of the lot. The head lamps, the bumper and the front grill are to die for!!

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 25th August 2011 at 12:35.
Old 25th August 2011, 23:47   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Folks,

Sometime in the future a time will come when the Viceroy will require a thorough paint job. And it won't be painted in White again. I currently have two shades in mind: Bottle Green (this picture can be seen on a few other threads) and Polynesian Beige (like Joy's car). Wanted all your suggestions regarding any other colour that would best suit the Viceroy.

Rahul Waghmare.
I would opt for German Red if I was given a choice. This color is very attractive and lively and it also compliments the Viceroy shape, if you add alloys it becomes a stunning car or if you want to continue with rims you can go for gold shade with the hub cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-seat124fl45_01.jpg  

Old 13th September 2011, 13:32   #95
BHPian

Will be going on a short trip (350 kms total) in the Viceroy this weekend. Will post the pictures from the trip next week. Replaced the front wind screen as the old one was not clear especially during night time.
Old 22nd September 2011, 10:14   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Will be going on a short trip (350 kms total) in the Viceroy this weekend. Will post the pictures from the trip next week. Replaced the front wind screen as the old one was not clear especially during night time.
You changed the windshield because of the swirl marks? I also had this problem but got the glass buffed. Its like NEW now and cost me Rs. 600/- also got the rear windshield done. Clean swirl-free glasses really makes a difference.
BTW, did you got a laminated anti-glare one or the normal one?
Old 22nd September 2011, 15:57   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You changed the windshield because of the swirl marks? I also had this problem but got the glass buffed. Its like NEW now and cost me Rs. 600/- also got the rear windshield done. Clean swirl-free glasses really makes a difference.
BTW, did you got a laminated anti-glare one or the normal one?
"Glass buffing"?? heard sometime back but did not believe until read your comment, Mr KKVaidya can you please tell us how is it done, is it with the same buffing machine which is used to polish after painting/teflon coating. How many times this buffing can be done I have two Fiat and one is 1991 model with original factory fitted glass all sides which I want to continue.
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:04   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanu View Post
"Glass buffing"?? heard sometime back but did not believe until read your comment, Mr KKVaidya can you please tell us how is it done, is it with the same buffing machine which is used to polish after painting/teflon coating. How many times this buffing can be done I have two Fiat and one is 1991 model with original factory fitted glass all sides which I want to continue.
Hello Chanu,
Yes it is very much similar to the buffing process done on painted surface. The glass is washed and kept wet before and during the process. A clay kind of substance is used ( I forgot to ask the guy what it was exactly) for this buffing. It takes about 20 minutes for the whole process. It is really worth. But if the glass is scratched/etched deep, then it is hard to remove. Otherwise most of the wiper marks and swirls will go. The shop will guide you on that once you take your car there.
Hope to see your Fiats shining like "Glass"
Old 23rd September 2011, 19:00   #99
BHPian

Quote:
You changed the windshield because of the swirl marks? BTW, did you got a laminated anti-glare one or the normal one?
Yes, the glass was replaced because of swirl marks and some deep marks caused by the wiper probably when the car was with the previous owner. The glass we fitted is of Atultuf make. I don't think it is an anti-glare one. Costed us 750/-. Do try to find out what was used for buffing the glass. I can try it on our old glass if possible. Must be some sort of rubbing compound like material.
Old 25th October 2011, 12:20   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rahul,
What happened to this short trip? Seems like you cancelled the trip or forgot upload the joy!!
Old 27th October 2011, 04:49   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Rahul,
What happened to this short trip? Seems like you cancelled the trip or forgot upload the joy!!
The short trip did take place on 18th September 2011 as planned. Before the trip, I had a warning from my "Home Minister" that I could spend more time with my camera clicking pictures provided a certain "white car" does not get much attention, hence there is just one picture of the car in the entire set of pictures!

Anyway coming back to the trip, it was from Hyderabad to Nagarjuna Sagar Dam. (For more details check this: Nagarjuna Sagar Dam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). It is about 160 kms from Hyderabad. We also got to see the hydroelectric power generation plant from inside. The guide took us a few meters below where we could see a row of turbines used for power generation. A few more meters below and we could see the turbine generator shafts in action. An amazing experience!!

After spending time boating and having lunch, we headed for Ethipothala Falls (Ethipothala Falls - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) which are about 11 kms from Nagarjuna Sagar. Took some pictures there and then headed back for Hyderabad on the same day.

The car as usual ran flawlessly. We were a total of 4 adults and 2 children. The AC was on for most of the journey and the car returned a mileage of 13 kmpl. Road conditions were average and the total run of the car was about 370 kms. Anyway time for some pictures now. All pictures are except one!! Enjoy!!

Rahul Waghmare.

Pictures taken near the dam.

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-01.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-02.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-03.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-04.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-05.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-06.jpg

Entering the power house.

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-07.jpg

Turbines in the power house.

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-08.jpg

A turbine in action.

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-09.jpg

Pictures taken outside the power house.

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-10.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-11.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-12.jpg

Ethipothala Falls.

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-13.jpg
Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-14.jpg

How can I forget this? The Viceroy!!

Premier 118NE 'VICEROY' - A RARE variant of the 118NE-vr.jpg

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 27th October 2011 at 04:51.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2011, 16:05   #102
BHPian

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing.

A bit off topic, but even I got the wind shield of my Palio buffed a year before it was sold. The glass was as goo as new and they had put some substance on the surface which did not allow the water to stick on it. Used to just flow down causing in reduced use of vipers!
Old 28th October 2011, 10:33   #103
BHPian

Quote:

The AC was on for most of the journey and the car returned a mileage of 13 kmpl.
Nice trip Rahul.
Can we see some pictures of the Air Conditioning control panel? I remember one of my neighbour's 1994 model 118NE has a after-market Unicla SuperKing unit and it use to Chill like big time.
The Viceroy, I assume, would be having a Sanden unit.
Also does it have a heater or just the cooling?
Old 28th October 2011, 11:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:

Entering the power house.
Turbines in the power house.
A turbine in action.
Great pics of the dam, ethipothala falls and power house.
The power house makes me nostalgic. When I was young I got an opportunity to visit the plan multiple times (At both Srisailam and Nagarjun Sagar)

However, if you don't mind a request:
Could you please delete the pics of Power House from the public forum? I think this is sensitive information and it is in best interest if you could keep those pics private and not share on a public forum. Please send the message to mods so that they can delete only the pics of the powerhouse and inside it.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:38   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
However, if you don't mind a request:
Could you please delete the pics of Power House from the public forum?
Thanks for your comments. Point noted and post has been reported to the moderators to delete the pictures. I had a chance to see the power house as my friend knew some officials there. Well, I have done my part in the best interest as you pointed out by requesting the moderators to delete the pictures, but what about the ground reality? I could see cops guarding the place, openly taking bribes and letting people in carrying still and video cameras.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks