Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2010, 13:20   #16
BHPian

Re: PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)

I dont think this will be in Etios Segment. Its a segment above ETIOS as the prices will be somewhere from 7 lacs to 9 lacs. Autocar website pictures suggests that it will have a rear A/C Vents also.

PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-2011nissansunnyinterior.jpg
Old 20th December 2010, 13:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajaTaurus View Post
Sunny is no Etios.
Sunny = Corolla = Lancer = Mazda 3 = Civic. Thats the segment in Middle East. All used also as delivery cars! Add more Gizmos, flashy looks, and aggressive Indian marketing, these take different segments here in India.!
Is it just me or it looks smaller than the previous Sunny's?
Old 20th December 2010, 14:16   #18
BANNED

This looks like the Nissan Tiida currently sold in the middle east. The sunny looks very different. However now it looks they are replacing both models with this one to be called Sunny/Tiida/Latio/Versa in various markets.

The will not be able to use the Sunny or Versa name in India.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-2010nissantiidaf3qs.jpg  

PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-nissansunny1458x343.jpg  

PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-260852998712486124511254012480-2.jpg  

PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-nissansunny_2x9_pakwheelscom.jpg  

Old 20th December 2010, 14:17   #19
BHPian

I agree with Live To Jive.

The new Sunny does look similar in size to the Nissan Tiida sedan (Versa in US) available in the middleeast and the design also has a lot of similarity.

Quote:
Sunny is no Etios.
Sunny = Corolla = Lancer = Mazda 3 = Civic. Thats the segment in Middle East. All used also as delivery cars! Add more Gizmos, flashy looks, and aggressive Indian marketing, these take different segments here in India.!
In UAE the Nissan Tiida (1.8L) competes against Mazda 3,Honda City and Corolla(1.6L), while Sunny (Samsung SM3) competes against Toyota Yaris and the previous gen Lancer. The Civic and Lancer Ex are in a different league altogether.

Last edited by harishnair : 20th December 2010 at 14:21.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:32   #20
BHPian

Quote:
In the US, Nissan has the Sentra (2L, 140 hp) competing against the Civic and Corolla, and the Altima competing against Camry and Accord.

To me, this seems that the Sunny would be something like a Versa ( 1.6-1.8; 107-120 hp) in the US. The Versa is the sub-economy car; one segment lower to the entry level Civic and Corolla in the US. The Sunny in India should be similar. It will be interesting to see whether it competes against ANHC/Vento or a little lower..
Old 20th December 2010, 14:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

My segmentization (if there is a word like that), is about 5-8 years old. The segments have been further sub-segmentalized and now it is really difficult to see which one is competing which others! Those days,1.3-1.6L league and 2.0 to 2.4 league and then the 3.0+ league (in terms of Liters), were three clear segments and it was easy to classify. Now, the classes seem to merge with each other, we need to look at actually what the car has to offer.
Old 20th December 2010, 14:48   #22
Senior - BHPian

In one of the thread Nissan clarified that this sedan has no connection with Micra though they are based on the same platform and share Dashboard and other visible interior stuff.

Looks like their clarification was to make a point that this will not be their answer to DZire/Manza/Etios (price-wise) and will be placed a segment higher. Which means they will be aiming at Linea/Verna/Aveo/Fiesta and the likes.

I will be happy if I'm wrong though

Last edited by HammerHead : 20th December 2010 at 14:49.
Old 20th December 2010, 15:56   #23
Senior - BHPian

At first glance from the side it says Dzire. There seem to be no similarties here between the Micra and this new sedan but this does look like a boot copy paste job. They could have done better. I still feel Volkswagen's Vento is the best attempt so far in India to make a sedan from a hatch.

Still the interiors look nice and a CVT box is most welcome. Looks like a Honda City competitor to me. Hopefully by the launch Nissan will have a larger sales and service network. I have been seeing more Micras these days on the roads.
Old 21st December 2010, 06:02   #24
BHPian

I personally like the Nissan sedan familiy looks. Interior space, fit and finish looks good. I think Nissan will price it in ANHC/Vento territory.
Old 21st December 2010, 06:14   #25
BHPian

Nissan might launch Micra platform based Sedan to take on Etios/Dzire. Sunny may be targeted at Vento/ANHC or even Altis range. Car interiors looks good. Let's hope it is priced in 8 to 10 lac range. We are really not having set of cars to chose from in this range.
Old 21st December 2010, 08:28   #26
BHPian

The Nissan press release says the car will cost RMB 82.8K to 112.8K in China. Converted to INR, that is between 5.5 to 7.6L. Add duties and this should be in the league of City/Vento I guess.
Old 21st December 2010, 08:37   #27
BHPian

Here are the detailed pics of the car from Autoblog. Looks a liitle strange from the front but very unique and pleasant side view. Also like the rear. Interior looks really comfy!

2012 Nissan Sunny -- Autoblog
Old 21st December 2010, 08:46   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the second half looks out of sync, kind of like a mix of ritz an dzire. Nissan needs to price this one correctly and not goof up like they did with the micra DCI.
+1. I too feel the rear is not blending with the front.

On a lighter note, seems they are trying to offer sun-roof for back seat passengers too

For sure the sedan segment is getting heated up with so many entries. Nice for end users.
Old 21st December 2010, 13:26   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerHead View Post
In one of the thread Nissan clarified that this sedan has no connection with Micra though they are based on the same platform and share Dashboard and other visible interior stuff.

Looks like their clarification was to make a point that this will not be their answer to DZire/Manza/Etios (price-wise) and will be placed a segment higher. Which means they will be aiming at Linea/Verna/Aveo/Fiesta and the likes.

I will be happy if I'm wrong though
+1 to that. I think if they are launching the same globally known Sunny here, it is in the league of Linea/Verna/Aveo/Fiesta (and City, technically).
Old 21st December 2010, 16:12   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsramkee View Post
The Nissan press release says the car will cost RMB 82.8K to 112.8K in China. Converted to INR, that is between 5.5 to 7.6L. Add duties and this should be in the league of City/Vento I guess.
With the dash and door trims lifted straight from the Micra that price range seems about right. Anymore and this car will not sell. In my opinion, it is not a City, Vento competitor.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks