Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 17:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)

Sunny would be in direct competition with Dzire and Manza as per Nissan India. So the pricing should be around 5-7 L here like the Etios.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
With the dash and door trims lifted straight from the Micra that price range seems about right. Anymore and this car will not sell. In my opinion, it is not a City, Vento competitor.
When the doors are different, how can you expect the door trims to be the same? Only the handles and switches can be carried over. With respect to the dashboard, well that will give them considerable savings but I don't think this would end up in the Dzire/Manza category. Buyers of the Sunny would be different compared to the other two. IMHO, 5L will be impossible as this in not like Etios which has common parts with hatchback. ALso take into account that the Micra is far ahead of the Swift and Vista with respect to quality. Maybe something like 6.5L sounds realistic for base model.
Old 22nd December 2010, 15:53   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
They already got the teana (altima in US) in accord territory. It seems this car will be launched to fight it out with civic / corolla - should be somewhere near the size of sentra.
Teana is the Maxima in U.S.
Old 22nd December 2010, 20:51   #34
BANNED

What a similarity between these two!
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-sunnyrear1.jpg  

PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-dz.jpg  

Old 23rd December 2010, 09:25   #35
BHPian

I was talking with a very close friend who is with Nissan in the production and was telling him that I am looking at buying 6-8 lakhs Sedan and was thinking of even Jazz as its a excellent all round car. He asked me to wait till feb for Sunny. It will be priced btw 6-8 lakhs on road.

Seems like it will be competing with Etios directly with better features but a lower brand value compared to Toyota. This segment is getting really interesting.
Old 23rd December 2010, 10:58   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Difficult to say.
Both Altima and Maxima in US have same length, and the maxima is 3 inches wider. Altima has 2.5 liter I4 and 3.5 liter v6, while maxima has a more powerful 3.5 liter v6.
Now the Indian Teana has dimensions similar to the altima , but a 2.5 liter v6.
Really cannot put it in Maxima segment.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:31   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Teana and Altima are the same models essentially with different styling for different markets. Maxima however, is based on the same platform as the Altima but is aimed at a different class altogether.

With regards to the comparison, while the Dzire and Sunny look similar, lets not forget that the Sunny's styling is on a different planet compared to the former.

Last edited by designersf : 23rd December 2010 at 12:33.
Old 23rd December 2010, 12:47   #38
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Nissan been using the "Sunny" name for several generation of models in the past.here are 2 old-gen ones -1985 and 1997.
In India too there were some direct imports of the Sunny - in the '80's particularly.
Hence I would imagine that they will badge the new-gen car the same as they are doing in China, for India too.
Attached Thumbnails
PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-1985-sunny.jpg  

PICS : Nissan's C segment sedan for India (Badged Sunny in China)-1997_nissan_sunny.jpg  

Old 28th December 2010, 17:18   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post
I was talking with a very close friend who is with Nissan in the production and was telling him that I am looking at buying 6-8 lakhs Sedan and was thinking of even Jazz as its a excellent all round car. He asked me to wait till feb for Sunny. It will be priced btw 6-8 lakhs on road.

Seems like it will be competing with Etios directly with better features but a lower brand value compared to Toyota. This segment is getting really interesting.
I also got a similar news that the car is slated to be out by March '11. Having used a Sunny in Nepal in the 90's, I think this would be a car to watch out for, specially when we have the likes of the Vento & Etios already in the fray.
Old 28th December 2010, 17:36   #40
Senior - BHPian

No offense but it looks like theres some competition between Japanese to come out with disgusting designs. This really does not seem like a D segment car. I hope this this time at least Nissan will double check their pricing unlike Micra.
Old 28th December 2010, 21:50   #41
BHPian

Rear profile is indeed like the D'zire.
The front bears a resemblance to a cross of SX4 and Kizashi. (Thats just me!)

I dont think it would be priced in the Manza price range,that would cannibalizing the Micra.As it is,the Micra is not selling strongly.
Old 29th December 2010, 11:53   #42
mxx
BHPian

I dont know about the V platform sunny shown here, but all previous sunny was in the corolla, civic segment. Since, they already have Tiida sedan in the lower segment, this could be in the corolla/civic segment.
Old 29th December 2010, 13:11   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
I dont know about the V platform sunny shown here, but all previous sunny was in the corolla, civic segment. Since, they already have Tiida sedan in the lower segment, this could be in the corolla/civic segment.
True Buddy ! But you must realize that this isnt really the next gen Sunny ! The Sunny was discontinued by Nissan a few years back and they are now trying to use the old Sunny name on a new car which may not have any relation to the old Sunny. They are probably trying to make use of the brand equity of Sunny with this sedan. (similar to what Maruti did with the Zen).
Old 29th December 2010, 17:55   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
No offense but it looks like theres some competition between Japanese to come out with disgusting designs. This really does not seem like a D segment car. I hope this this time at least Nissan will double check their pricing unlike Micra.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RECOMPOSE View Post
Rear profile is indeed like the D'zire.
The front bears a resemblance to a cross of SX4 and Kizashi. (Thats just me!)

I dont think it would be priced in the Manza price range,that would cannibalizing the Micra.As it is,the Micra is not selling strongly.
Absolutely right, unless the car is agressively priced vis a vis the Manza, Dezire, or may be Vento it may not generate interest since Nissan is still a lesser known brand in India.
Old 29th December 2010, 21:57   #45
BHPian

Looked at this right after reading GTO's ETIOS review. Couldn't help but compare the two as they fall in same segment.

Look wise, IMO, it is ages ahead of ETIOS - both interior and exterior. And trust me, it really matters in the entry level sedan segment. What it does not have is the toyota badge and reputation, but being a true blue Japanese car should help a little. This segment is really hotting up
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks