Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your vote for the Team-BHP Car Of The Year 2010?
Maruti Wagon R 11 1.12%
Chevrolet Beat 30 3.06%
Ford Figo 375 38.30%
Nissan Micra 13 1.33%
Volkswagen Polo 101 10.32%
Toyota Etios 75 7.66%
Volkswagen Vento 140 14.30%
Tata Aria 130 13.28%
Skoda Yeti 25 2.55%
BMW X1 31 3.17%
BMW 5 Series F10 28 2.86%
Mahindra Thar 20 2.04%
Voters: 979. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2010, 10:45   #91
BHPian

Re: Team-BHP Car Of The Year 2010

Surprising to see maruti far behind in the poll so far (3 votes as of now)! Is competition really getting into their Forte? Good to see Tata getting some praise for their launch (second in position as of now).

Next year will see some really exciting launches & am sure that Maruti will throw in some surprises!
Old 21st December 2010, 10:46   #92
BHPian

Went with Vento, despite Figo being a good VFM package. Vento has all the goodies and the fact they are able to challenge the all time great City won my admiration.
Old 21st December 2010, 10:59   #93
Senior - BHPian

FIGO all the way. No other car in the above list has pushed the category.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:02   #94
Senior - BHPian

Even though it was a close fight in my mind between the Aria and the Figo, I finally voted for the Aria because
  • Its built on a fresh platform and not a derivative of any existing platform.
  • It is a big leap for TATA to produce a car a worth Rs.15 Lakh+ and it become a pioneer.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:29   #95

Figo and Etios were my picks...went with figo because its not only a good car to drive, but beats the segment leader convincingly
Old 21st December 2010, 11:35   #96
BHPian

voted for figo. The sheer vfm nature, with superb handling dynamics make it a king in its segment. Also the way ford has taken good care of delivering on time is commendable.
Vento was another strong contender. A driver oriented car with a superb engine is a great combination.But the price and only 2 variants is a let down.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:48   #97
Senior - BHPian

For me the main contention was between Figo and Vento and my vote goes to Figo. Primary reason per me was that Figo comes into a segment which has large no of products with lot of competition and multiple success stories like I20, Swift etc despite that Ford has managed to come up with a well rounded product and has definitely improved its brand image/value as well.

Vento also has done something similar but competition is not necessarily as fierce as it is in hatch back segment

Etios, its too early to gauge the sedan in my opinion, it definitely has got lot of upfront booking but thats more cause of the brand value and vfm pricing. need to see if it sustains in the long run.
Old 21st December 2010, 11:59   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajess_in View Post
Surprising to see maruti far behind in the poll so far (3 votes as of now)! Is competition really getting into their Forte? Good to see Tata getting some praise for their launch (second in position as of now).

Next year will see some really exciting launches & am sure that Maruti will throw in some surprises!
Sad to see the state of India's darling cars in the poll.. Look at the state of WagonR - it's really heartbreaking to see. About Micra's position - it's no surprise.

Expected more votes for Chevy Beat, I guess its the Figo effect.

Last edited by clevermax : 21st December 2010 at 12:01.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

Had to vote for Tata Aria as that is the only car amongst the list i have experienced a ride :-( It does disappoint on the VFM front.

Toyota Etios was the close second albiet a bit early to comment on it.

Looking at the thread i guess Ford Figo would emerge the hands down winner.

Cheers,
Amit
Old 21st December 2010, 12:25   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
Sad to see the state of India's darling cars in the poll.. Look at the state of WagonR - it's really heartbreaking to see. About Micra's position - it's no surprise.

Expected more votes for Chevy Beat, I guess its the Figo effect.
There is nothing sad or heartbreaking in wagon R not getting votes as the Car of the year. There were better cars that got introduced and hence they got more votes. As far as Wagon R is concerned, it is still the darling among consumers with 15K monthly sales.

Voted for Vento. I think the car has clearly taken the bull by its horns. Honda city is now feeling the pressure. Also having test driven the Vento, the Tdi is really an amazing drive. I just hope they manage to do something on that waiting period of theirs.

Last edited by Dippy : 21st December 2010 at 17:14. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 21st December 2010, 12:31   #101
BHPian

Close call between the VW Vento and Ford Figo For me.

I chose the Figo only because:

1. It will make a difference to the lives of more Indians
2. It was a real "made for india" product. (Vento is a global product, no matter what VW may attempt to claim)
2. There is very rarely is there a product that can single handedly resurrect a brand. Figo has been successful to such a level, that it has inspired confidence in Ford to setup an additional factory!

Last edited by acidkill : 21st December 2010 at 12:32.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:52   #102
BHPian

Oh this is a tough one, my vote went for Aria cos I loved all the "firsts" its to offer and a chariot like feel on the road.
Old 21st December 2010, 12:53   #103
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ford Figo without a doubt.
Extreme VFM.
Lovely FORD feel
Made for Indians by Indians at an "Indian" sale price and yet adhering to the International quality and comfort cues.

Great product - great price.
FIGO Deserves solid accolades from us at TBHP too!
Old 21st December 2010, 13:34   #104
Senior - BHPian

FORD FIGO

Sensible, VFM small car.
Yes, the vehicle may not be cutting - edge in terms of technology or a fireball in terms of acceleration, top speed etc but it ticks all the right boxes in terms of space, good ride & handling, boot space and pleasing looks. Throw in FORD's decent service network (which I hear is working overtime to exorcise the ghosts of IKON ownership's past... :-) !!), and superbly competitive showroom pricing and you are bound to have a very competitive automobile.

In my opinion, the FIGO brand is now quite well established - and existing owners are actually "recommending" the car to friends and family.

This - therefore - is the right time to build up the FIGO brand further, the time to create a "halo car" which will have a positive rub off on the lesser versions.

Release a slightly warmer version of the FIGO - with the FIESTA 1.6 S engine. Throw in a mild body kit, Recaro or Recaro look alikes, 1.6 S's Alloys , some exclusive paintwork (not decals please) and FORD can set another benchmark in the hot hatch segment.
It's understandable that FORD initially will be apprehensive trying to figure out whether volumes will justify the investment. They should ideally plan a limited production run - say 2000 vehicles - to test the waters of such a product offering.
Have a feeling this will sell......
Old 21st December 2010, 13:42   #105
BHPian

It was the fight in my mind between Aria & Figo, finally Aria won

Many firsts on the segment & that too an Indian brand. I am impressed by its offer, yeah may sound a bit higher on the pricing but worth it I guess
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks