Team-BHP - Rs.60,000 discount on 'rain damaged' SWIFT
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Rs.60,000 discount on 'rain damaged' SWIFT (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9397-rs-60-000-discount-rain-damaged-swift.html)

Autovista in Bandra has a few "rain damaged" Swifts for sale.
Says that they're completely refurbished by the company and have no residual defects.
As a reassurance they're offering an years complete maintenance plan and 2 yrs extended warranty (total 4yrs) for free.
These cars come with a discount of about 30-40,000.
He'll probably give more on negotiating.
Add to this a finance discount of about 15,000 & it comes to around 50-60,000 !!
He has only a couple of colours in each of the versions and you have to settle for one of them.

I, personally felt that it was not a bad deal, but then my family opposed it so vehemently that I finally booked a brand new red VXI through another dealer who gave me insurance free (ie a discount of about 15,000) on taking a loan for 3 lacs / 5 yrs. EMI comes to around 6,500/-

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikefreak
Autovista in Bandra has a few "rain damaged" Swifts for sale.
Says that they're completely refurbished by the company and have no residual defects.
As a reassurance they're offering an years complete maintenance plan and 2 yrs extended warranty (total 4yrs) for free.
These cars come with a discount of about 30-40,000.
He'll probably give more on negotiating.
Add to this a finance discount of about 15,000 & it comes to around 50-60,000 !!
He has only a couple of colours in each of the versions and you have to settle for one of them.

I, personally felt that it was not a bad deal, but then my family opposed it so vehemently that I finally booked a brand new red VXI through another dealer who gave me insurance free (ie a discount of about 15,000) on taking a loan for 3 lacs / 5 yrs. EMI comes to around 6,500/-

hey that ausum and congrats for ur new machine but let me tell u that the cars u are talkin about were bad and i got to hear that the cars were not for a brand new car buyer thank god u didnt bought that

Rain damaged = Flood damage (July 27th)

A flood damaged car is not worth it at all. Remember that a mechanics hands cannot reach all the places that water can.

I checked out some Optra 1.6's that were going for 5.2 lacs. Brand new but flood damaged. After seeing one such car, I backed out immediately.

GTO

Stay away from such deals... No car is ever the same once it's been damaged by rain/ floods... No matter what who says, that's just the way it is.

Congratulations! Make sure you drive safe and have lots of fun in your new "Lady In Red" :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Rain damaged = Flood damage

Excellently described by GTO clap:

Before reading GTO's answer I was also thinking it as a good deal.....

Just rain doesn't really damage a car but the flood does....

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikefreak

Good descision that you did not go for the rain damaged car. But 6500 for 3lacs/5 yrs is it not bit on the higher side. I am paying 5850 for the same amount and duration.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohithdr
I am paying 5850 for the same amount and duration.

Is that for the same car (Swift)?
I've heard that interest rates for Swift are more than those for other maruti vehicles!