Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2006, 21:07   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Saw plenty of these in Singapore - some modded - I think if the pricing was reduced, it woulf be a key contender
BUt isnt cedia already being sold at a much lesser price than corolla? Bot are in the same segment. A fully loaded cedia is priced in comparo to base model corolla. And boy I was surprised after looking at that torque figure. Is that a diesel engine?

also I assume there is lack of efficiency at the HM plant as I certainly find that lancer and cedia prices can still be reduced.

But as some1 mentioned mitsubishi cedia has not been marketed properly by HM.
Old 8th May 2006, 10:16   #167
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Hi to all,

yesterdat my dad received a call for a cedia test drive from the dealer. Its in the showroom on time as issued by HM-mitsubishi.

The old lancer is now being redone with a 1.6 engine and will be out around february or march with new interiors,exteriors and engine. This has been confirmed by the dealer and Times Of India.

Ask Honda to get ready to be beaten in sales again if mitsubishi gets the pricing right.
No offense man , but frankly , do u think its gonna sell any more than 1200 a month . Forget 3500 that honda is doing. The only thing that can worry Honda is Hyundai's Verna with 1593 cc engine with 110 bhp . Looks like a winner ! Fiesta better watch out for this Korean Brother. Frankly speaking I hate hyundai , I mean as a automotive afficianadoI have no emtions for Hyundai , byt sadly they seem getting things right not taking Elantra and Sonata Embrera into account . Their money counting machine is Santro and thats goign great guns !
Old 8th May 2006, 10:26   #168
Senior - BHPian

Forget that Mistsubishi seem to underestimate we Indian customers , where the pick of the day is VVTI , VTEC and Turbo Charged petrol they are bringing out unefficient engines with irritaing auto tranny . I myself have test driven Cedia . Very ....Very .....Poor .....Very ...Very Disappointing . And after the launch of that REd + White combination Pajero I have sort of started looking down at them.
Old 8th May 2006, 10:42   #169
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
I have sort of started looking down at them.

....and when they brought out the SLX etc, I really looked up at them
Old 8th May 2006, 20:37   #170
Senior - BHPian

point1- To be a good car The car doesnt only need power and performance. A lot of factors define a good car such as comfort, ride and handling, safety etc. Cedia has got more torque to help drive in the city. The family sedans under the lancer umbrella always define smooth and refined engines.

Even under hard acceleration, the engine is relatively quiet and smooth - I say 'relatively' because most cars in this class are rather noisy when the pedal hits the metal. And for most driving situations, the engine is barely audible.

The Lancer compares well with its major competitors in terms of ride, steering, acceleration, interior room, interior fit and finish, and warranty - but its fuel consumption lags behind.

stylingwise its certainly better than the elantra and corolla hands down. Octavia is equally good looking while Optra looks much more fresh.

point2- HM has certainly taken some stupid decisions at this point in time. The Mivec nameplate is badly needed in Indi. Bad marketing strategies and lack of cash at HM is to blamed for this. Even the 162hp ralliart engine would have worked wonders.

point3- to Maxbhp-Cedia is not competing with Honda city. Both are different segment cars. NHC is a c segment car while Cedia a c+ segment car. While NHC competes with baleno, accent and lancers Cedia competes with corolla, elantra, optras and octavias.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 8th May 2006 at 20:40.
Old 9th May 2006, 00:22   #171
Senior - BHPian

Let me make it a bit clear here the Lancer Cedia is by no means belonging to the C + segment, it belongs to the D segment. The lower D segment to be precise. Secondly comparing a Cedia with a NHC is like comparing Rotten Bananas to Mangoes. The Cedia is a generation ahead of the NHC in what ever you look at. The interiors are very classy, the engine is smooth and torquey and looks also not bad only if the front had the Evo lights. The rear sure is a Evo - 8, the price is also very good. Only thing is that HM is very poor at the market strategy.

Imagine a car so old as the current Lancer which despite its age still manages to sell around 300 units a month is a complement in itself.

I can see many RS dreaming guys heading towards HM showrooms picking up the Cedia reason is simple. Mitsu has more interior space has cheaper spares and the current Cedia engine uses the EVO block now who cares about MIVEC it just needs a TURBO at then at Rs. 12.99Lacs with Turbo + wider wheels etc, it willl whip a RS and still wont lighting your warranty with good FE as well.
Old 9th May 2006, 03:13   #172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
Let me make it a bit clear here the Lancer Cedia is by no means belonging to the C + segment, it belongs to the D segment. The lower D segment to be precise. Secondly comparing a Cedia with a NHC is like comparing Rotten Bananas to Mangoes. The Cedia is a generation ahead of the NHC in what ever you look at. The interiors are very classy, the engine is smooth and torquey and looks also not bad only if the front had the Evo lights. The rear sure is a Evo - 8, the price is also very good. Only thing is that HM is very poor at the market strategy.

Imagine a car so old as the current Lancer which despite its age still manages to sell around 300 units a month is a complement in itself.

I can see many RS dreaming guys heading towards HM showrooms picking up the Cedia reason is simple. Mitsu has more interior space has cheaper spares and the current Cedia engine uses the EVO block now who cares about MIVEC it just needs a TURBO at then at Rs. 12.99Lacs with Turbo + wider wheels etc, it willl whip a RS and still wont lighting your warranty with good FE as well.
how does bad marketing tactics by HM make cedia a bad car?

many people say its slower than the corolla but how does a .67 secs off the 0-100 timings against the corolla affect the car as a whole. Also did any1 consider the 100-0 timings???

http://lancercedia.in/topgear.pdf

Plus Look at the loads of torque you get to play with in the city from that mammoth 2.0ltr engine. imagine loads of character. My comparo on the previous page also shows what we get for the price paid. you dont even get retractable mirrors as standard in a corolla in addition to the wood and leather. And refinement and smoothness is a mitsubishi charm.

the same lancer and corolla compete here in N.America too.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 9th May 2006 at 03:22.
Old 10th May 2006, 12:22   #173
Senior - BHPian

http://www.overdrive.in/showstory.ph...16&pg=1&tmpl=s

Overdrive's roadtest.

"She might not give the driver an adrenaline rush like the Octavia 1.8 turbo, but the Cedia is no slouch. Times of 4.64 seconds to get to 60kmph and 10.45secs for the 0-100kmph dash are very good, and faster than most in her segment."

"On the braking front, the Mitsubishi almost leads the way. Covering 28.33 metres to come to a complete halt from 80kmph with the braking distance increasing by another 21.81m for the 100-0kmph test are among the best figures we have for this segment"

"Fuel efficiency wise, the best that the Cedia returned during our highway run carried out at a constant speed of 80kmph with the aircon switched off, was an impressive 18.9kmpl. In the city, with reasonable amount of traffic, and the aircon running full blast, the Cedia returned 8.8kmpl"

corolla FE figures- 16.5kmpl on the highway and 9.6kmpl in the city.

"Styling and lack of equipment is something that lets the car down, but overall we believe she should pose a formidable challenge to the current D-segment populace. Especially at an attractive price of
Rs 10.78 lakh OTR Pune. "
Old 16th May 2006, 04:16   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
I second that. Plonk a turbo on a Cedia and see how it stacks up the RS. Moreover, its more spacious, lighter and cheaper to maintain.

X
Old 16th May 2006, 11:33   #175
Senior - BHPian

What is otherwise an excellent and lovely car is being treated as an orphan.

It's still a lancer after all.

Even a cedia looks hot when Jazzed up. Seen quite a few around Toronto.
Old 16th May 2006, 18:24   #176
Team-BHP Support

will buy one if i can afford the fuel in 2007, perfect replacement for the ohc. just love the sports version, for once i coudn't care if it has the go or not, atleast it looks it does.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 16th May 2006 at 18:27.
Old 16th May 2006, 21:21   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
will buy one if i can afford the fuel in 2007, perfect replacement for the ohc. just love the sports version, for once i coudn't care if it has the go or not, atleast it looks it does.

manson.

people found the octavia 111bhp engine to be powerful enough. Then this is a 115hp jap engine from mitsubishi. The same 2l block used in the evo.

Also look at the torque figures which are currently the highest in the segment . In-gear accelerations, Good FE and shiftless and effortless ctiy drives will be a boon.

Looks as good inside out as octy(2.0 L now discontinued I guess) and much more better than Elantra and corolla. Optra is certainly a notch above including interior kit but also costs more and lacks engine refinement and Fun to drive factor.
Old 17th May 2006, 00:33   #178
Team-BHP Support

well its fast et all, but not the perfect upgrade from a 100 bhp ohc for an enthusiast in stock form, as you can possibly up your game to the cedia by putting in a little money. But, what really gets my attention is the perfect package it is considering one can find a used example for 5-6 lkahs next year.
Would surely not put my money on a brand new one, let some ruch boy take the depreciation hit.

manson.
Old 17th May 2006, 00:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson
well its fast et all, but not the perfect upgrade from a 100 bhp ohc for an enthusiast in stock form, as you can possibly up your game to the cedia by putting in a little money. But, what really gets my attention is the perfect package it is considering one can find a used example for 5-6 lkahs next year.
Would surely not put my money on a brand new one, let some ruch boy take the depreciation hit.

manson.
you are smart. But then was your OHC bought brand new? If yes then you could have got it from some rich guy lettin him take the depriciation hit.

yeah the cedia sports is not the best enthusiastic dream machine, but nothin a free-flow, turbo and a K&N wont solve and you get a car that can give skoda RS a run for its performance.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th May 2006 at 00:47.
Old 17th May 2006, 00:52   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp
Forget that Mistsubishi seem to underestimate we Indian customers , where the pick of the day is VVTI , VTEC and Turbo Charged petrol they are bringing out unefficient engines with irritaing auto tranny . I myself have test driven Cedia . Very ....Very .....Poor .....Very ...Very Disappointing . And after the launch of that REd + White combination Pajero I have sort of started looking down at them.

You really think that having a VVTI- VTEX or Turbo Charger is of use in daily traffic conditions..Not everyone gets to own the road at 80 KMPH...!
Have a drive in Delhi Traffic and You'll know what I mean...!

Cedia although tech advanced is badly designed, i would have somewhat preferred to see the Old lancer modded rightly with all cedi works...Not to forget the Invex Porche H-Matic Gear Box..!

BTW and for all those who still feel the Lancer is Unsafe...Guys go and visit any dealer who has total damaged cars, and You will find The Lancer has sustained heavy damages but still saves the passengers...wheras So many Corrolla's have killed drivers...! You want safety then buy an Indica or Amby...Both are built like Arjun Tanks...!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks