Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2006, 01:07   #181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfinstein
You really think that having a VVTI- VTEX or Turbo Charger is of use in daily traffic conditions..Not everyone gets to own the road at 80 KMPH...!
Have a drive in Delhi Traffic and You'll know what I mean...!

Cedia although tech advanced is badly designed, i would have somewhat preferred to see the Old lancer modded rightly with all cedi works...Not to forget the Invex Porche H-Matic Gear Box..!

BTW and for all those who still feel the Lancer is Unsafe...Guys go and visit any dealer who has total damaged cars, and You will find The Lancer has sustained heavy damages but still saves the passengers...wheras So many Corrolla's have killed drivers...! You want safety then buy an Indica or Amby...Both are built like Arjun Tanks...!
badly designed?????? old lancer shares its platform with EVO-V or something while cedia shares its platform and engine with Evo-vii(not too sure if its vii) so its basically a bigger and newer car.

Yeah it takes some time to get used to the fish-eyed lamps after looking at the old lancer though.

And yes Mitsubishi lancer is really reliable and safe. While most people look at 0-100 timings, cedia also takes care of the 100-0 timings.
Old 17th May 2006, 01:30   #182
BHPian

Hey Dev!!
I have been following the thread for a while.
Dont you think it would be wise to take an old Lancer SFX and make needed performance changes and have a great ride. Rather than investing in the Cedia.

The performance is much better than its older cousins...but it is not a match for the new technologies available in the market.

I hate Chevy.....but Chevy Avevo is coming up as a good car.
The design and performance is tad better than the Cedia.
Being a Lancer fan, i am not impresessed with Cedia.

Mitsubishi is coming across as a great company with good potential. But it is not able to deliver and translate its technology to a great car.
Old 17th May 2006, 01:59   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks
Hey Dev!!
I have been following the thread for a while.
Dont you think it would be wise to take an old Lancer SFX and make needed performance changes and have a great ride. Rather than investing in the Cedia.

The performance is much better than its older cousins...but it is not a match for the new technologies available in the market.

I hate Chevy.....but Chevy Avevo is coming up as a good car.
The design and performance is tad better than the Cedia.
Being a Lancer fan, i am not impresessed with Cedia.

Mitsubishi is coming across as a great company with good potential. But it is not able to deliver and translate its technology to a great car.
why buy a NHC when you can have OHC and do mods to it?
Cedis sports is a bigger and more powerful car at the sfx's price. Why would u buy an sfx(if its available)??? buying old is a different question altogather.

make similar performance changes to both the lancer 1.5 and cedia and cedia will be a screamer. Add a turbo and a free flow along with K&N and you got a Skoda RS performance at a lesser price with looks to go.

yes it lacks the kit but it is also the best VFM car in its segment. the interiors while basic smell of quality and is one of the best in its segment. The torquiest engine in its class shares its block with the evo. It is also safer than the corolla in India with better braking ability.

When the sfxi was launched it was the most sensible car and an overall package at that time.Cedia caters to those same needs.

You cannot compare cedia to chevy aveo. Both are in diff segments. Mitsubishi invecs is a better competitor to the aveo 1.6 and lancer invecs rules except the dated but still beautiful design. Ask Rishi Kapoor on the forums who has recently bought one and he will letcha know more about it.

I myself am no fan of Mitsubishi( I have had a bad experience with Honda dealer before and Toyota's cars in India suck. Both are priced exorbitantly too)and neither do I like cedia compared to the old lancer.But cedia is a better car than the corolla and elantra. Wait till Nissan is fully operational and you will see what I mean.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 17th May 2006 at 02:04.
Old 1st July 2006, 19:29   #184
BHPian

Mitsibishi Cedia Lancer

Its been a few months since launch. But I am yet to see a SINGLE Cedia on the roads. Is it just me or has anyone else felt it too ? If yes, has HM so terribly scared off customers with the way they handled the Lancer that people don't want to go anywhere that direction ?
Old 1st July 2006, 19:33   #185
BANNED

Holy cow! I just thought of the Cedia wondering why I never see one on the roads and wanted to look for the thread and voila! on the main page even.

In all this time, I've seen just one Cedia on Chennai roads and it was black, but then, I'm not the only one in Chennai and maybe there a few out there... at least?!
Old 1st July 2006, 19:48   #186
Senior - BHPian

I've seen 2 Cedias. One in B'lore and one in B'Bay. Maybe i'l pop into our local Mitsu showroom and see if they have a demo car.

Shan2nu
Old 1st July 2006, 19:52   #187
BHPian

Havent seen a single one in Delhi.
Old 1st July 2006, 19:56   #188
BHPian

One of my neighbours own a white Cedia (elegance????)
Also i have seen a Cedia sports too. Liked its tail lamps.
Apart from these two the only Cedias i have seen are demo cars.
Old 1st July 2006, 21:23   #189
Senior - BHPian

seen 2 in delhi.....
Old 1st July 2006, 21:32   #190
BANNED

Seen quite a few in Bombay... gotta look hard to spot em though coz they are such BORING looking cars... maybe you guys must have just not known that you were looking at the BORING CEDIA!!
Old 1st July 2006, 21:42   #191
BHPian

saw a few of them in bangalore and not long enough to get a proper look/glance at it. would love to drop into india garage and see it and probably test drive it too.
Old 1st July 2006, 22:28   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen 3 Cedias so far in Bangalore. 1 black Cedia in a publicity campaign by a busty presenter at a mall (Garuda Mall), 1 red Cedia with 4 semi-puberty kids in it, and 1 black Cedia driven by what looked like a 60 yr old lady.

The Lancer family in India is not seen as attractive/desirable all thanks to HM's bungling with the old Lancer; highly overpriced, not VFM, dated technology- except for INVEX introduction and finally flogging it when its well past its sell-by date. And the Cedia is suffering for no real fault of its own. Pity.
Old 1st July 2006, 23:38   #193
Senior - BHPian

cedia is a good car. And maybe sales are good. But one of the reasons for scarce appearance on the roads is due to some major reasons.

firstly its the timing of the release of cedia. Most of the major competitors are out in the market. Hence cedia wont be the creator of the market but just taking a small pie. While Optra and octavia didnt have to face competition and Corolla too came out with minor competition to face. Look at the fate of Elantra which is but a good car.

Secondly even today not everybody buys such a big car. hence monthly sales are below 800 for cars in this segment. So you cant expect to see so many cedia's out there in 3-4 months.

Also HM is at fault with bad handling of their portfolio.
Old 2nd July 2006, 01:28   #194
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Cedia is at the wrong place at the wrong time ! But all said i've seen a bunch around noida and delhi, and quite a few of the "sport" trim.
Old 2nd July 2006, 03:00   #195
BHPian

I saw a Green Cedia KL registered TAXI in Bangalore. Looked exactly like the Cielo green.

Hmmm... it may be those sporty colors (Red & Yellow) might look different in road, but green was just an other car...........

Jai
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks