Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2006, 10:06   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman

Well, the ad is out this morning and it says 115 bhp! For the life of me, I can't figure out why a manufacturer would launch a 2 litre 115 bhp powerplant when their 1.8L option develops 5 bhp more? Any ideas anyone?

Well the Lancer invex was supposed to be a firebreathing sports version right. Hence the high power. IMO this one is probably pegged as a torquey cruiser.

Dont assume customer always wants power. NHC lost a lot of horses compared to OHC and like quadrupled their sales.
Old 25th January 2006, 10:08   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
Toyota doesnt do 135 but 123 from its engine and hyundai is higher at 127
Thanks for the correction - its 125 and 127 respectively.

Quote:
Mitsubishi is on a rise since the last year when talkin sales. UK,N.America, Japan and every other place.
Yeah they've reported an 8 to 9% growth over 2004 after losing nearly 60% in 2004 (over 2003). Their total monthly sales in the US are like 8,000 units, and they're actually AIMING for 1 to 2% of that market.

Its difficult to see them coming up from where they are, without support from any other major automaker.
Old 25th January 2006, 10:57   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Well the Lancer invex was supposed to be a firebreathing sports version right. Hence the high power. IMO this one is probably pegged as a torquey cruiser.

Dont assume customer always wants power. NHC lost a lot of horses compared to OHC and like quadrupled their sales.
Yes, but NHC & OHC were never selling side by side. Lancer 1.8 & Cedia will. Also, the NHC has (If I'm not mistaken) a more fuel efficient engine than the OHC and that compensated a lot for the drop in power (what with our fetish about FE)
Old 25th January 2006, 12:38   #79
Senior - BHPian

NHC never had competition with anyone in the segment. It was miles ahead in space and many more character, leaving power, but its still as fast as a Accent. Now coming to the Lancer, it has competition from Optra, Corolla and Skoda, thats why it needs more horses as people who buy lancer are boy racers.
Old 25th January 2006, 13:24   #80
BHPian

Cedia reviewed by Autocar

The latest Autocar has complete roadtest of Cedia. Overall it comes out as a very fine car. The 0-100 figure is close to 10.5 while 0-90 is around 8.5. Shifts to 3rd gear at 96kmph, which may account for loss of .5 sec. Overall performance figures seem terrific. These number are just off by .5 secs of OHC VTech and a strange co-incidence that VTech also switch to 3rd at 96kmph.

I own a OHC VTech & Lancer Invex (Euro 3) myself. My invex has 1.8 L with 125 BHP. The Invex performance is terrible (In Tiptronic mode too). The acceleration attempts only make it more noisy, I never feel the surge of power. After Invex experience, I have stopped believing on the BHP numbers. I guess Cedia at 115 bhp will be couple of seconds faster than Invex. Also Cedia has awesome braking with All disc brakes, ABS & EBD. I dislike the looks of Cedia (only seen it in the pictures though)

Cedia should grab some pie of C+ segment before Civic comes. I guess after that, sale of Corolla & Cedia will be hugely dependent on the production capacility limitations of Civic. They may just pray for strike at Honda, after that

Last edited by raghavv : 25th January 2006 at 13:33.
Old 25th January 2006, 15:10   #81
BHPian

I myself cant seem to like the cedia, while the old lancer seemed to have a very agressive look about it, this one seems too sedate and lady like, more for the women then for the men. (and i aint trying to be sexist here)
Old 25th January 2006, 16:49   #82
Senior - BHPian

The thing is the OHC Vtec has a PTW of 107, the Cedia has something in like 94 and that is enough to tell the peformance. The Corolla is faster then the OHC Vtec but its not as much fun.

All we can do is wait and watch and hope Mitsubishi realises it sooner or later that we need more horses.
Old 25th January 2006, 19:06   #83
Senior - BHPian

perhaps HM should have mated the invecs plant to a manual; might have given a better result; the invecs, in current form, does 0-100 in around 12.xx, and given a manual, could manage 10 with ease.

but, with 115 bhp, 10 less than the "expected" figure, i guess cedia HAS no competition from the civic...
Old 25th January 2006, 23:20   #84
Senior - BHPian

the website is up.

www.lancercedia.in

My guess is that the engine is still making 125hp.

why?????

well the lancer engine was never changed but after many years today the bhp numbers have climbed from 83-87.

how come??

raghavy what is the FE mentioned in autocar compared to the other cars?

acceleration is fast enough though against the competition.
Old 26th January 2006, 12:24   #85
BHPian

Quote:
My guess is that the engine is still making 125hp.
why?????
well the lancer engine was never changed but after many years today the bhp numbers have climbed from 83-87.
how come??
raghavy what is the FE mentioned in autocar compared to the other cars?
acceleration is fast enough though against the competition.
HM has always been terrible in maintaining the website. You won't believe it but I got user manual of Lancer 1.5 when I purchased my Invex. They just added an addendum page for Invex.

The BHP climb for 1.5 could mainly be due to emission norm changes, the BHP for Invex too got upped between Euro II & Euro III

The FE is very impressive it is 10+ for City driving. This is highest for a 2 liter petrol engine. I think Cedia has compromised the BHP numbers due to this. The official BHP number for Cedia is 115. The print add, autocar all confirm this.

I personally feel Cedia will be decently quick compared too Skoda Diesel, Optra. It looses out to Corolla though.
Old 26th January 2006, 12:29   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
The thing is the OHC Vtec has a PTW of 107, the Cedia has something in like 94 and that is enough to tell the peformance. The Corolla is faster then the OHC Vtec but its not as much fun.

All we can do is wait and watch and hope Mitsubishi realises it sooner or later that we need more horses.
With Cedia performance numbers available for 0-100 & 0-90 (more importantly) would not PTW ratio be immaterial? Am I missing something? As I mentioned Invex has higher BHP than Cedia, but it performs terrible. This is not just because of tiptronic box as in gear acceleration is also bad.

I think BHP is an indicator but finally it all boils down to how quickly your car moves. I would rather go by 0-100, 0-60, 80-120 numbers.
Old 27th January 2006, 00:03   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghavv
With Cedia performance numbers available for 0-100 & 0-90 (more importantly) would not PTW ratio be immaterial? Am I missing something? As I mentioned Invex has higher BHP than Cedia, but it performs terrible. This is not just because of tiptronic box as in gear acceleration is also bad.

I think BHP is an indicator but finally it all boils down to how quickly your car moves. I would rather go by 0-100, 0-60, 80-120 numbers.
Buddy we can defy the laws of Physics can we??
Old 27th January 2006, 03:19   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I guess you are right. power to weight certainly is one major factor but not always is a lighter car faster.

Quote:
HM has always been terrible in maintaining the website. You won't believe it but I got user manual of Lancer 1.5 when I purchased my Invex. They just added an addendum page for Invex.

The BHP climb for 1.5 could mainly be due to emission norm changes, the BHP for Invex too got upped between Euro II & Euro III

The FE is very impressive it is 10+ for City driving. This is highest for a 2 liter petrol engine. I think Cedia has compromised the BHP numbers due to this. The official BHP number for Cedia is 115. The print add, autocar all confirm this.

I personally feel Cedia will be decently quick compared too Skoda Diesel, Optra. It looses out to Corolla though.

well if it is the most Fuel Efficient of the lot and faster than most of the competition(except corolla) than I will settle in for the cedia. after all the car is based on the evo series

and I will modify it with the price difference I get against the corolla.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 27th January 2006 at 03:27.
Old 27th January 2006, 03:58   #89

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

just saw the lancer cedia today.it has been launched in 2 variants.the first is the elegance which has leather upholstery and wud look good on 40+ guy.the other variant is the sports.the equipment level is the same.the only difference is that the sports variant has fabric upholstery and has side skirts and a spoiler.both the variants are pegged at the same price i.e.9.87l(exshowroom delhi) and works out to 10.7l(on road).the car is nothing great to look at considering the fact that i have laid my eyes on the civic.so is pretty much goin to lose out to the civic in the styling dept.the other thing that suprised me was the power ouput....115bhp..my siena makes 100bhp with a 1.6ltr engine.and to think of it the cedia has a 2 ltr engine.all i can say for now is hm/mitsubishi hasnt played its cards very well.i have received an invitation from a dealership to take in a a test drive which they are organising on sunday on the dnd toll road.so hopefully i'll make it and lets see what happens?any other t-bhp members wanting to come can do so and meet me there.will post the time tomorrow.
Old 27th January 2006, 18:25   #90
Senior - BHPian

Buttttttt Cedia lacks a lot of features of the Corolla/Optra, for eg Climate Control, Lumbar Support. Lancer Cedia will sell well untill the Devil Arrives.

Devil = Civic (140BHP, RS Beware)
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks