Team-BHP - Buying a Swift
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Buying a Swift (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/9432-buying-swift.html)

I'll be booking a Swift for the ladies at home shortly. Will probably buy a ZXi, but may settle for a VXi with ABS depending on how the finances pan out. I plan to make an outright purchase, no finance. I'm hoping to get delivery of the car around the 15th of January.

Questions are:

Are there any discounts/freebies available on the Swift?

Can I wrangle for free insurance perhaps?

What sort of delivery times are currently being experienced?

Coming to ICE, what are the options for fitment of rear speakers in a VXi, which I understand does not have a parcel shelf?

Please chip in!

Thanks.

swift takes 6 inch round speakers all around on the doors. just get some nice 6incher from hertz/jbl/blau. pio and sony is fine if you dont play songs at high vol as they they tend to be too boomy.

you can try 6 inch components too.

I think the Swift is a very beautiful car and I really like the color red for the Swift. If your budget allows you, do buy the variant with airbags and ABS as you are looking to buy it for the ladies at home. My son says that the Swift isn't as roomy as the Getz, but he is always complaining about something or the other with every car... You've made a great choice is what I say.

My children have always got things like floor mats/ keyless entry/ foglamps/ other add-ons as freebies when they buy their cars, so, don't feel shy asking for freebies or a discount. Best of luck with your new car and drive safe!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MotorMom
I think the Swift is a very beautiful car and I really like the color red for the Swift. If your budget allows you, do buy the variant with airbags and ABS as you are looking to buy it for the ladies at home. My son says that the Swift isn't as roomy as the Getz, but he is always complaining about something or the other with every car... You've made a great choice is what I say.

My children have always got things like floor mats/ keyless entry/ foglamps/ other add-ons as freebies when they buy their cars, so, don't feel shy asking for freebies or a discount. Best of luck with your new car and drive safe!

Wow, faultless advice there! You've actually pretty much mirrored my thoughts.

I test drove the Swift today, and liked it. I was refused concessions of any sort, but it didn't hurt to ask. I've been told that cars are available off the shelf (from the basic VXi up to the ZXi). This was from Varun Motors in Hyderabad - I'll see what Saboo (the other big dealer here) has to say and make a booking maybe Monday.

Dealers are not giving any discounts / concessions / freebies with the Swift. Its really a very beautiful car. My bro got a red one just a few weeks back.

I bought the Swift a month into it's launch. Got no freebies. Nothing. The one I have is a red Vxi without ABS. It's a zippy car and good fun to drive. My only grouse is the low fuel efficiency.

I have installed a Sony HU with Sony speakers at the front and Blaupunkt at the rear. The front speakers are quite crappy; the rear tends to dominate a bit. Thinking of upgrading to nice components for the front.

You have to purchase an additional tray thingie to fit the rear speakers [approx 500 bucks]. Most audio dealers have one ready made for the Swift. Installation is a breeze and takes less than half an hour.

Cheers

There is news all round that MUL will hike the prices from Jan '06 so just keep an eye on it. Since you are not getting any discounts, you might as well look for better deals on finance and park your money else where. You certainly get good finance deals if you go in for shorter durations say 1 or 2 years.

Great choice man...

Quote:

Originally Posted by airfoil
Are there any discounts/freebies available on the Swift?

You wont get any discounts as far as i know. But you can certainly ask for basic stuff like mats and the kind. Also, try to get an Under chassis coating and/or teflon coating(i didnt) done for free.

Quote:

What sort of delivery times are currently being experienced?

Delivery is swift too nowadays. You can get it in about 2 weeks.

Since there is a lot of demand for the Swift, I dont think MUL will give anything for free but there is no harm asking as you have done already. Comparing prices between the dealers would be a good idea.

You should install the rear speakers in the factory location on the doors. I would recommend you spend more on your front speakers, buy a good set of 6.5" components. The rear speakers could just be entry level speakers.

airfoil please have a look at mithra agencies Himayathnagar also they r giving the best deals compared to saboo and varun, experienced it with my recent purchase

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhanusrinivas
airfoil please have a look at mithra agencies Himayathnagar also they r giving the best deals compared to saboo and varun, experienced it with my recent purchase

Will do, thanks for the tip. I was going to limit my shopping to Varun & Saboo.

What is the A.S.S. of Mithra like? Over the years, it seems to have gone off the radar.

Quote:

Will do, thanks for the tip. I was going to limit my shopping to Varun & Saboo.

What is the A.S.S. of Mithra like? Over the years, it seems to have gone off the radar.

Hey buddy... I believe in a different treatment to the purchase of a car. You should actually try out all the dealers. Mostly it is the smallest of them who gives you the best deal. You should check out Acer as well. Do not hesitate in making counterclaims regards to the deals from other dealers. They are always ready to undercut to the max extent they can. Swift is currently going without any cash discounts. However you can always try out saying you are getting free mats and complimentary underbody treatment from such and such dealer as a corporate customer... or some such. More often the sales guy falls for such lines.

As regards the ASS, it is not mandatory to get your car serviced from the same place where you picked it up from. My friend got his WagonR from Mitras but always gets it serviced at Varun from day 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zappo
My friend got his WagonR from Mitras but always gets it serviced at Varun from day 1.

Yeah what you say is right. We too did for Maruti car.

Might be the free services bills would be settled by the company to the dealer after they submit the duplicate copy of the service records. In this case the sales commission will go to the seller and the service charges goes to the one who does the free service.

Quote:

Mithra service sucks. I had pretty bad exp. with their service. And yeah, you need not stick to the dealer from where you bought the car.

well one word on the swift..its a hot car...i would say u wait till jan for u r delivary...and also u can ask not for cash discounts but for freebies like kyless entry, audio system,, free tints..etc..and other accesories...
u should defiitely try to get these...its just a swift from maruthi...they ought to hook u up with stuff..!