Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2005, 01:22   #16
Senior - BHPian

[SIZE=2]This is about the MalarenF1.. read about it [/SIZE]
Most of the downforce is generated by ground effects obtained by a flat floor that terminates in a diffuser. To increase the "active" mass of air flowing under the car, two permanently running electric fans on either side of the car remove the boundary (slow-flowing) layer and discharge it into the engine compartment for cooling.
--The heat generated by the large engine and its catalytic exhaust system is a problem, and heat-isolating material is extensively used to protect the cockpit and various ancillaries. The efficiency of the insulating material has been increased by facing it with heat-reflecting material, the most efficient of which is gold. (Yes, gold as in Au.) This is quite extensively used, mainly in the engine compartment, at a cost of approximately $3500!

These big v12's generate lot of heat and if the car is moving slow the intercoolers dont have the capacity to cool the engine..thats the reason i have posted these two for information only.Thats also the reason the lambo murci has automated wings on the engine bay which open and close for airflow at high speeds.. At slow speeds maybe the lambo intercoolers can take care of the engine heat but not possible with the mclaremf1..
Old 26th December 2005, 01:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M
1). In the segment above the E-Class or maybe S-Class people really aren't looking at Average. I mean your already getting around 4-5 avg so I really don't think the Lamborghinis will be much worse than that.

2). That you may be true, but that too only when children are involved. I remember I used to take my chauffeur when I couldn't drive.

3). In India, in the price range above 1 crore, people are looking for flashy cars. I really don't think a 4 door car for more than 1 crore would count as that.

4). Do you really think people care about maintanence when they are already paying more than double what you get in the rest of the world? We are paying literally Maybach/RR/575/Murci money for a car that is costing most of the rest less than half.

I'm sorry but I really take offence that people are basing all this on biased views while living abroad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
For now Lambo is just getting the Gallardo. I guess they should see sale of more than 3 Gallardos as they have predicted.

On the points mentioned by amit :

1) I have seen people ask that question but its usually just the onlookers. i really dont feel buyers of such cars would be bothered about FE

2) True. We already have one Gallardo in Mumbai driven by a chauffeur taking the kids for a joy ride though things will change as the kids get older.

3) same as the answer by ///M

4) I really dont think people who have the money to buy these will have issues with the up keep of these cars.

Lamborghini may not be as as successful as Porsche is today in the market but I dont see them doing that bad either. Lambo has definately studied the market and the buying power before taking a call to take the plunge. Of course Porsche have the 'SUV', the Cayenne in its line up which is mainly responsible for its Indian success. And Porsches are much much more practical cars than any Ferrari or Lambo IMO.

So lets just wait and watch
Well Said!!!

Lets hope Lambo does well in India
Old 26th December 2005, 02:20   #18
Senior - BHPian

The supercar industry was never driven by volumes, but by elite customers only. So, the lambo will definitely have the whole cake till ferrari comes searching for it.

Porsche can't be totally compared with lamborghini.A handful of cars in a year would be a good sales target for the italian carmaker whereas Porsche does that in less than a month since the most important factor here in india is 'PRICE'!!
Old 26th December 2005, 08:22   #19
Team-BHP Support

Godfather,

Im sorry to say but you are mistaken.

All production cars today are liquid cooled as far as i know (any exceptions guys?).
If you remember the old air-cooled 911s, they had to switch over to liquid cooled blocks as well since they could not meet emissions standards if they were air-cooled.

However, the essence of what you are saying is correct. (ie more airflow = better cooling)
Cars still need airflow over the radiator(s) in order to let them cool the liquid that is cooling the engine. However, when you say "air cooled" you are technically reffering to a system without any liquid in it, so you cannot call this air cooled.

Other points to note -
You meant to say radiators in your earlier post, but just fyi intercoolers are for cooling the intake air for the engine in a forced induction setup.
The Bugatti Veyron has 10 radiators!!!!

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th December 2005 at 08:24.
Old 10th February 2014, 20:27   #20
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Re: Lamborghini to be launched in India

Tweet by Hormazd Sorabjee regarding sales of Lamborghini's in India.

Name:  Screenshot_20140210185427.png
Views: 584
Size:  80.4 KB
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2014, 16:48   #21
PPS
Senior - BHPian

High Import Duty affecting sales in India says Lamborghini.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2500643_1.html

Quote:
Italian super-luxury sports car maker Lamborghini today said high import duty ranging up to 167% is a major deterrent for selling its cars in India. As a result, the company expects its sales to be lower than the last year's level in India this year.
"We sold 22 cars in India last year, a growth of 29% over the sales of 2012. We do not expect better sales this year due to very high amount of import duty in the country, which is as high as 167%," Stephan Winkelmann, President and CEO, Automobili Lamborghini S.p.A said.
He said the company would be comfortable if the import duty is capped at 2011 levels, when it was 60%. "We are too small player in India to ask the government to bring down the import duty. It is up to the industry to seek duty concessions collectively," he said.
We all would be more than comfortable if the duty is capped at 2011 levels, when it was 60% !
Old 25th November 2014, 17:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
High Import Duty affecting sales in India says Lamborghini.

http://www.business-standard.com/art...2500643_1.html

We all would be more than comfortable if the duty is capped at 2011 levels, when it was 60% !
Was it really 60% in 2011? I always remember it being 100%+ for the longest time now.
Sahil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 09:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

I wish I was one of them, but for all the prospective buyers in Namma Bengaluru, here is some good news.

Lamborghini have officially opened the showroom in Bangalore. Here is the news article.
Vik0728 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 11:51   #24
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Was it really 60% in 2011? I always remember it being 100%+ for the longest time now.
You are right! Winkelmann seems to be mistaken. 60% import duty may have been more than a decade back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks